Couples Tower Isle
USD 139
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 86
USD 75
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 139
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 59
USD 48
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 176
Official Site
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 114
USD 98
Travelocity
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 98
Orbitz.com
USD 315
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
USD 426
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
USD 553
USD 526
3,340 results
All reviewseight riversveggie barcatamaran cruisepiano barpool grillpatio restaurantnude islandprivate islandswim up barnatural islandwater sportshorseback ridingdunn's river fallsincluded excursionsglass bottom boatour honeymoonscuba diving
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Without doubt one of our best Caribbean holidays in a resort we simply couldn't fault. Apart from its dreamy location it's the staff that make this place perfect. Not a miserable member of staff anywhere. Every department from admin, reception, gardens, bar, restaurants, housekeeping, water sports, maintenance went out of there way to be accommodating, courteous and helpful. The food was exceptionally well presented and you will appreciate the effort the catering department go to to beautifuly present their food. Exceptional.
Special thanks to Donald in the veggie bar, Giovanni and Rohan for their gardening enthusiasm, the whole of the water sports team who taught us to hone our sailing, Adrian and andre for exceptional restuarant service but thanks to everyone - what fantastic ambassadors for Coupe and Jamaica you all are.
Very highly recommended indeed

Room Tip: Block 5 is quiet and away from the main pool area if you particularly want peace and quiet but al rooms seem very well appointed and spotlessly clean
2  Thank DerbySunshine-fan
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at this resort and at Jewels Dunn. This resort is FAR better.

The nude island is one of the most amazing places on this earth. Taking it all off while sipping champagne with other like minded people is awesome. If you brave it you won't be disappointed.

Miguel, the entertainment coordinator, is the man. He made all of the activities such a blast. I've never met a guy with more enthusiasm and energy than him.

The only negative is they could do a bit better with their mixed drinks.

Other than that this is such an awesome place! I'll return someday.

3  Thank RobB4
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Couples Tower Isle in July 2013 attending a friends wedding and we LOVED the resort, the country and the people! I cannot wait to go back!!

Although the resort is further from the airport than I would have preferred (about 2 hours each way) it was an interesting drive as we got to see and experience Jamaica as the locals see it. Sadly, we arrived at night so the drive there was kind of boring, but leaving during the day gave a really cool view of what we missed staying on the resort (on a side note: a colleague of mine said she books a helicopter for her transfers- claiming it's not much more than a taxi would cost)

The resort itself is very nice- small enough to wander around, but not so big you felt lost. It was a little dated, but you can tell they're working to upgrade it a bit at a time. We stayed in building 3 which meant we had the upgraded rooms, but we also had the noise from the lobby. From about 9am until 5pm it was pretty loud- but after that, complete silence.

We booked a garden view room and were on the third floor. I would highly recommend asking for a higher floor if you're booking garden view as the first and second floors looked a tree trunks, while we had tree tops and mountain views. The bride and groom got the same room with ocean view and it was stunning. Blue skies and blue water as far as the eye could see.

The food at the resort was quite good. My only complaint was having to make all of our reservations right away (and even then we couldn't get every day we wanted) I LOVED the beach grill- stopping in for a grilled cheese/ burger/ sandwich/ patty and fries whenever we wanted was an awesome luxury that I missed immediately after arriving home. We did not have a bad meal the whole time we were there- room service included. I will admit that not everything agreed with me, so I'd suggest packing some digestive aids/remedies for comfort.

There was always something going on during the day- whether volleyball, trivia, arts and crafts or just enjoying the drink of the day, we were never bored. The nice thing was that there was no pressure to join and no feeling out of place if you did.

The beach itself was a little small, but beautiful nonetheless. The water was perfect- although a bit seaweedy until you got a little deeper. There was always ample floaties available and the beach bartenders are very attentive. The sand was soft and warm...

We did not visit Naked Island (as we called it)- being on a trip with friends we all agreed we preferred to avoid the possible naked-friend encounter. I'm not sure we would have gone if it was just the two of us, but it was a busy place and the shuttles ran all day, so I assume it was quite nice.

I loved that the pools are open 24 hours a day. The bars don't close until you leave and there's always someone with a smile ready to cook you a feast at the grill.

It was never difficult to get your room cleaned. If you weren't ready when they came knocking, just put out your 'please clean room' sign when you leave and they will take care of it. We did this on our way to dinner a few nights and upon return the room was spotless.

We did take an excursion to the Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour. It was a far journey into the mountains, but well worth the day out of our vacation. We used Paul Williams for our driver and he was amazing. Not only did we feel 100% safe the entire time (and, lets admit- there are some shady characters at Bob's place) but it was affordable AND he was able to answer every Jamaica question we had- we couldn't stump him! He's a lovely family man and I would HIGHLY recommend booking his services. His website is paulsjamaicatours.com

Following Bob's place, we went to the Blue Hole (located just outside Ocho). For $10ea a handsome young local will show you the area where gorgeous blue cenote swimming holes are screaming to be jumped into. Just when you think the tour is over, they keep going up the mountain to smaller, equally beautiful cenotes until you end at an amazing waterfall. Our tour guide held our cameras throughout and captured some gorgeous shots- he really knew his stuff! He was polite, courteous and very respectful- helping everyone navigate the tough and slippery terrain. The memory of this tour will stay with me forever. (Tip: Don't forget your water shoes or you'll have to rent them from the locals...) Even if you don't go anywhere else- it's so worth checking this place out. No tourists. No shops- just a quiet spot where the locals hang out... We didn't go to Dunn's River because we heard it was busy- I have no regrets.

Back to the resort...

From the moment we arrived at Couples Tower Isle, we felt at home. Half of the staff members knew our names within a day and would call out anytime we saw them. It was such an inclusive place- even the other guests were welcoming!

My few complaints about the resort are:

- Everything kind of shuts down after midnight. We're night hawks who enjoy staying up late on holiday and disliked that we were the only ones left after the activities were over. There was always a bartender ready to stay open for us- but some music and nightlife would have been appreciated. It seemed the rowdy crowds were out in the daytime hanging around the swim up bar.

- As mentioned earlier, I found the area around our room to be pretty noisy in the daytime. I'm sure the expectation was that most guests were on the beach by 9am, but we're not those people... Not a big deal as it meant pure silence after 5pm.

- Our friends' wedding was held at 10am and the coordinator set up a lovely luncheon for afterwards, but I had to fight to get a good dinner set up. We had reservations at the Asian restaurant and when I went to tell the host that it was a wedding party that was coming, they pointed out the table we were booked for. It was in the middle of the restaurant and very squished. It would have been nice if they had thought ahead and given us a nicer table- but thankfully after some discussion, the host moved the group to THE nicest table in the whole restaurant (he joked with my husband that I must be a tough cookie to live with- hahaha!)

In all, I would highly recommend this resort. Before you go- get on the Couples website and join the forum. It's a great place to see what people are saying and to ask questions. I lived on this site during the weeks leading up to departure.

The reasons I'm not giving a full "Five" rating is the outdated sections of the hotel, the size of the beach and the distance from the airport. Otherwise, this was a great place.

(I feel it necessary to address the other reviews that mention being pushed to buy drugs- I was NEVER once asked or felt uncomfortable in any way. Yes, it's available and yes, you can find it VERY easily [at the airport, at the resort, at Bob Marleys, on the side of the road] but it's not pushed nor is it 'out in the open' My experience was that the guests who partook were respectful about it and kept it to themselves- no walking through smoky clouds or smelling like a skunk)

Room Tip: If booking a Garden view, get the highest floor possible (minimum third floor) so you'll get views of the mountains as well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ExecutiveTourist
Couplesops, Manager at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

It gives us great pleasure to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at our resort. Your kind recommendation of our resort is appreciated and we are also happy to hear of your plan to return with your family in the near future, and certainly look forward to welcoming all of you for a memorable and inspiring experience with us. We have taken into account some aspects of your experience that were less than expected as will strive to improve our service delivery.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Just arrived home from 2 weeks at Couples , we had the nicest time meet some lovely people and fell in love with Jamaica, we were made to feel relaxed and welcomed from the start we are well traveled and I must say the service and in particular the all inclusive package they offer is outstanding , the food choice is fantastic our particular love was Eight Rivers we ate there 4 times in 2 weeks we ate the lobster there last Friday evening and I would rate it as the best lobster I ever ate drizzled in a beurre blanc sauce was the softest most tender fantastic just lovely , there are so many nice things to write about this resort I could go on for ever , we liked the no tipping policy it made everything so easy , apart from the fact there are so many staff it would be impossible to tip all your favorite waiters and staff . It was a perfect romantic holiday from start to finish for us, we stayed in room 4108 with a fab view of the island and one of the pools , we took advantage of the trip to Dunns River and used some of the water sports but mostly just relaxed , this is not a review as such its such to say to anyone out there if you want to spend time with your loved one in a relaxed and beautiful setting, we a wide and varied food and drink choices to suit even the fussy eaters and drinkers or no drinkers among us then this hotel and its staff offer all of that and so much more, we are not people who return to holiday resorts but we meet lots of people who were there on their 4th or 5th trip and we can see why. It will not be our last thats for sure , Thank you Couples Tower Isle resort to you and all your staff for making mine and my husbands 25th such a memorable , care free and all in all fantastic, romantic and great value holiday . See you again soon

Room Tip: our room was 4108 which even though it was buy a pool with a swim up bar that closed by 6 so we never had any trouble with noise .
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Couplesops, Manager at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your business. It was a pleasure hosting you for this momentous occasion. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

nothing in this life is perfect, but this place tries hard to please, and does a good job at it. we arrived in at the airport we went to the couple waiting area, soon we was loaded in a van heading to the resort. the ride to the resort was an adventure in its self !!!
when we arrived we was warmly welcomed, and checked in. we had to wait on our room to be cleaned ect. so we went to the buffet and grabed a bite while taking in the beauty over looking the turquoise water and isle.
we went to our room relaxed, unpacked ect. everything we needed was there to make our stay comfortable. i called room service to stock the fridge they gave me a time but had to call them again. i thought they forgot about us but they were very busy.
the beach is not huge, but not crowded either. caustion going into the water on the right side of the beach is rocky, we stayed in the middle for going into the water. no rocks. on the beach you could set up a flag and a waiter would bring you a drink.
We went to Dunns river water falls on a sunday, the cruise ships come in during the week and the falls get more crowded. that sunday was notcrowded. there is lockers you can lock up personal items for a small charge. hint you will get wet going on the guided tour up the falls. it was fun. my wife lost a pare of sunglasses in the water current of the falls, so if you find a pair of sunglasses in the caribbean sea ! so if you have anything loose use caution and hold on to the items you want to keep. you will need water shoes, the bus that takes you to the falls stops at a road side stop you can rent a pair i think it was $7 a pair. we bought our own of of amizon.com for a cheap price before we went to Jamaica. when you leave you will have to pass a gauntlet of souvenir sales my advice don't stop and look if you don't want to be harassed. we bought a DVD of our experience , it was $40. take some cash with you. by the way we used U.S. dollars every place we went with no trouble.
there was plenty of activities the resort furnished. we went on a glass bottom boat ride, seen a sunkin British mine sweeperon the bottom, plus Mick Jaggers house on the cliffs over looking the sea.
we went snorkeling for the first time ever. the resort took us by boat, resort furnished everything mask, fins, life jacket. about an hour trip. was fun. the crew was very helpful, and had a snorkeling clinic in the pool at the resort for first time people like us.
we had dinner on the island on a nice starry night. we used our resort credit we had and payed the difference. my wife enjoyed it , and the people from the resort went out of there way to make it special. champagne, steak & lobster.
we went on a shopping trip. my advice stay on the bus for the first stop!!! first stop prices was higher, plus out side of the shop you will encounter people that want your money, a flea market next door people will be harassing for you to buy their items. at the next stop it is gated shopping area. no harassing and price's are better. you can haggle for an even better deal.
i almost forgot about the beach party at the resort was great. the resort had entertainment, and tabe after table of food set up on the beach at night on the monday we was there.
to sum it up we had a great time, and hated to leave. couples tower isle took good care of us, and made our stay special.

Room Tip: rooms away from the bar pool will be quiter, view will be better from a higher room. the resort has a no tipping policy, but tipping people that make things more special, or went out of their way to make things special will not hurt.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple