3,409 results
All reviews eight rivers veggie bar catamaran cruise piano bar pool grill patio restaurant nude island natural island private island premier ocean room swim up bar water sports dunn's river falls included excursions glass bottom boat our honeymoon scuba diving
Reviewed 15 May 2012

OK, I read ALL the reviews! We still decided to do the Secret Rendezvous and hope for the best, which we got, Tower Isle! After pouring over countless reviews, most of which were extremely positive, we held our breath. First I will tell you that we are not world travelers, but have been to the to several exotic places. With that said, all I can say is that Tower Isle met and far exceded our expectations. I'm not going to go over every detail; however, I will tell you that the resort is PERFECT, at least for us. Many options of places to hang out, two pools, beach, and of course the "island". We have never been to a nude beach but we went 3 times during our 7 day trip and it was fun and tastefully done. The food was excellent, service awesome, attitudes of ALL staff energetic, bar staff attentive, great activites, room well appointed. One cool thing that they do that no one really commented on is that they give nice water bottles upon arrival and then provide you with filtered water stations throughout the resort or the bar staff will fill them with ice and water for you, really a nice touch! I would like to comment on the negative reviews that I read: If you are wanting a 5 star resort with EVERY little "i" dotted , and "t" crossed please keep your snobby butt in the USA, this isn't it, probably never has been and probably never will be, it is Jamaica, they got ONE speed and it ain't yours, which is one of the primary reasons to go there! The people are AWESOME MON. We could not have been happier with our stay and with that said we are currenlty planning our return trip back to Tower Isle! Irie Mon.....

Room Tip: We stayed in a Garden View and loved it, 3205 is on the 2nd floor, right by the stairs/elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
17  Thank CaribbeanTraveler01
Reviewed 14 May 2012

CTI has a friendly staff and delicious food and we were treated quite well as our travel agent asked them for VIP status for us. Disappointing was the very small beach, a 20 minute ride to golf on their schedule...not ours (and then waiting 1 1/2 hrs. for the return ride to the resort or paying for a cab which we chose to do), and although the au naturel island was nice, there was literally NO beach, but the pool on the island was nice as was the swim-up bar and lite buffet lunch. This was trip #25 to Jamaica, 1st to CTI and we probably won't return to this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe ocean view 2nd foor or higher. First floor can be quite noisy. Block 4, 3rd floor odd room #'s are nice!
2  Thank ckehrhart
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We decided to honeymoon at Couples Tower Isle after our destination wedding Mexico. We wanted a resort with both a good pool area and beach area, a few restaurants and nice rooms - Couples Tower Isle was recommended to us by our fabulous travel agent, Beach Bum Becky of Beach Bum Vacation (becky@beachbumvacation.com), and it delivered!

We checked in very late on a Monday night, thanks to delayed flights and missed connections from Mexico. The ride from the airport to the resort was about 1hr 45 mins, but our driver was great. We were exhausted when we arrived and just wanted to head to bed, although we were sad we missed the Beach Party, which looked like it was awesome.

We were checked in to Room 2207, which was an Ocean Junior Suite. We had a great view of the pool area and the island. We loved that we had a couch area on our balcony area. The bathroom area was huge. The only complaint about the bathroom area is that due to the open shower concept, water got everywhere in our bathroom, even when attempting to use towels to "catch" the water to keep it from spreading... and there is no vent fan.

We did an orientation the following day with Kevin (from Kingston!) of the Entertainment Staff. They offer this twice a day and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't stayed there before. They really go through the whole property and taught us a lot about activities. Had we not done the orientation, we wouldn't know about some of our favorite activities there.

We ate at the buffet every morning for breakfast (loved their french toast rolls, fresh fruit, and large variety!), except for our last day. On our last day, we ordered the in-room breakfast from room service since we had to leave really early for our flight and nothing else on the resort would've been open for breakfast. This was perfect for us! We did the pool grille once for lunch, the jerk chicken was awesome, and we loved the nachos! The buffet had an awesome lunch selection everyday. We loved dinner at the Verandah, although the service was pretty slow. Eight Rivers was great, and the atmosphere at Bayside is super romantic. It just seemed that the food at Verandah was the best. Even the buffet offered a great dinner.

We loved the Steel Band show on Wednesday night - it is a must see! We also did the catamaran cruise and the Dunns River Falls tour. Make sure you bring an underwater camera (with a wrist strap! I tied it to my bikini top for ease of going up the falls) and water shoes. They stopped at a place on the way to get water shoes if you didn't have them ($5 to rent or $15 to buy), but we got ours from the resort's gift shop. We also did the Island Village shopping excursion. They took us to a little shop with a ton of jewelry first - we only bought liquor (rum creme!) here. We then shopped at Island Village, where we bought all of our souvenirs, there are alot more shops here. Most of them have the same stuff, so you can really bargain shop and haggle a bit with them.

We did a couples massage at the spa, and that was fabulous!

Overall, this was a great resort. There was nothing wrong with it, but I felt like something was lacking. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I felt like we had better service at our wedding resort and felt more "at home" there.

3  Thank DeniDen
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I honeymooned here October 23- 31 2011. We absolutely LOVED tower isle!!!! We were worried because it was "hurricane" season but nothing ever came, just rained every now and then, like 1 hour a day and it was sunny the rest of the time.The trip from the airport to the resort was long but very scenic (take a beer with you! ;)) We arrived at tower isle, a yummy rum drink and cool towels were handed to us as we checked in. The view when you walk into that lobby is absolutely breathtaking, seeing the island and just vast ocean is amazing! We were automatically upgraded to an ocean view room upon arrival and got 30 minute spa coupons for a couples massage. The restaurants and food were sooo good! Most resorts that are all inclusive have ok food, not this place, food was stellar and I have never eaten so much in my life! The rooms were very cozy, pretty tropical colors and clean, no bugs or anything like that. The balconys were great to sit out on in the morning and enjoy mimosas. The only thing that just the *tinest* frustrated us was the time it took to book our excursions for the week, which was a little long, but we did that and made our retaurant reservations all on day one and didn't have to worry about a thing for the rest of our time there. The spa, oh my, was amazing! You have to hop in the pool at the spa during your visit because it gets the perfect amount of sun to make it warm and relaxing. Our massage was very nice as well and in the same room together. We are a young couple, 22 and 29, not shy so we decided to try out the island. I must say we enjoyed being there so much we never even laid on the beach once. It's private, no one is weird, it's very european style where it's all accepted and no one bothers you. The pool bar at the island is awesome and we met Terry there who we loved! He sang for us and made us any drink concoction we wanted. Lastly, we did the scuba diving, well he did because I chickened out, but the instruction was good and it's free, not something you find at most resorts. Overall, we absolutely LOVED tower isle, it was the perfect honeymoon spot. It relaxing, fun and just amazing after planning and dealing with the highs and lows of a wedding. I think about Jamaica, the people, and tower isle all the time and can't wait to come back again!!

Room Tip: The island is breathtaking, get a view of it. Also we were on the main floor which was easy for accessing the restaurants and all other amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We decided on a trip to Couples for our honeymoon in April. We actually decided on a different Couples resort but when we were ready to book, that resort was all booked up. I came to TripAdvisor to do some more research and decided Tower Isle would be our best bet. I had a SUPER stressful time planning my wedding and dealing with family drama on our wedding day. I knew that I wanted to just sit on a beach or by a pool, with a drink and a book. My husband wanted to relax and not have to wake up super early everyday to go see the sights. Tower Isle seemed just perfect for that.

It was our first time in Jamaica and our first time staying at an all inclusive. Our stay was EXACTLY what we wanted. We made plans to maybe go see the sights but were really just happy to spend time with each other and could not pull ourselves out of the super comfortable beds early in the morning! The beauty of the all inclusive really is that you can do as much or as little as you like. We did walk around the entire property, enjoyed the ladies in the gift shop(who are SO funny and warm), had coffees from the coffee bar in the Logo Store(yummy and I wish I had discovered this sooner!), enjoyed snacks from the Pool Grill or the Veggie Bar, it was all AMAZING and just what we needed. Our favorite spot was by the larger pool because it was quieter and there were chairs always available. The pool with the swim up bar was literally right downstairs from our room but a)the LOUD people that gathered there every day were a turn off and b)you had to be out there at like 8am to get a chair. We enjoyed dinner at Eight Rivers two nights and did get to Bayside(the atmosphere there with the waves crashing underneath you OMG) but enjoyed the food at Eight Rivers more. Verandah was our favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. I can't understand how I ate so much amazing food and didn't gain a pound! The quality and freshness of everything is out of this world! I can't say enough about it...and the international buffet on Saturday night...WOW!

I can go on and on about specifics but it really is what you make of it. We were happy to just have so much uninterrupted time together in paradise. The food and drinks were AWESOME! We did the Magical Honeymoons package and had a private dinner on the beach which was one of the coolest things ever! It was so nice to sit and hear the waves and have the sand on your feet. Our waiter Carl was hysterical and we ate, what could be, the best steak I've ever had. Our couples massage was amazing and Jennie was a dream! I've never been that relaxed in my life.

The one thing that really stuck out to me as a downfall was the "shopping excursion." Its to no fault of the resort as the excursion is off property but WOW. The craft village we made a stop at was just...pushy is not the way to describe it. I know that people need to make money and have families etc...but I just did not like the atmosphere there. I was expecting to go to local shops and perhaps a touristy shopping center. We did get the touristy shopping center which was basically all the same stuff in about 50 different stores. But I could have gotten the same things from the vendors Couples brings on site without all the hassle.

Overall, we had a FABULOUS time and I have never witnessed my husband be so bummed out about leaving a place. We are already planning trip back there. It was THAT good!

Room Tip: We had room 4401. The view of the ocean and Tower Isle were breathtaking to wake up to every morning! You also get a decent wifi signal from the balcony there. Block 4 rooms seemed to be quieter as they were away from all the main party areas. But once people get to the swimup bar...you can forget about sleeping in!
7  Thank Cari D