Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
USD 151
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 95
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
USD 59
  • Bar/Lounge
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
USD 441
USD 307
Hotels.com
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsclose to downtownjamaican experiencecaribbean seathe entire staffochibalconydavisships
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is so old. The area it’s located in make it even worst. They need to do a lot of work on this place. I had my family with me and my children were afraid to stay. Please don’t stay here it’s horrible for families.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiki W
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Quite what anyone describing this place as "rustic" or "charming" is thinking, i have no idea. I knew it was a mistake as the taxi went down the dodgy side streets. It's rare i think about booking a different place while i'm checking in.

Very, very strange character on reception, like an evil robotic butler staring, about to escort you to your cell in the underworld. Dark corridors, over-growing plants, and even stranger zombie-like staff wandering aimlessly. It really would be sinister if it weren't so surreal. Of course, the price you paid isn't the actual door price: there are "service fees" which the staff can't explain.

The view definitely is stunning, and the rooms pretty somehow. However, it's above a beach that looks like a graveyard.

It was probably spectacular before the world-ending meterorite hit and left it as it is now. All the building needs are wild rabid animals prowling, and it'a real live-action horror film you can be a part of. It has to be the only business model left at this point.

In a word, it's... haunting. Not a place for solo females, families, businesspeople, locals - you know, humans that are currently in a pre-death state.

Visit if you are curious for a coffee - like you would a museum. But don't stay. It feels like you genuinely msy not leave, and not for the reasons other reviews mention.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I can't really speak on the facilities, cleanliness, and comfort of the hotel as I did not stay. Here's the break down as to what led to that. Firstly, my partner and I arrived at the property & paid for the room using my debit card. There were two guys there. The one that checked us in told the other guy to take us to the room, the second person behaved in an irritated way basically saying "You checked them in, why don't you show them the room?". He then took the key & hissed and brought us to the room. Unfortunately, the room wasn't to our liking as it was not what we had seen online. Plus, the TV had a very high pitched noise (there was not remote on top of that), and they didn't give us a remote for the AC unit either. We later went back to the front desk to request a change of room and after almost 7 minutes of discussion in which we requested a remote to control the AC and had our request denied, and being told we don't understand the AC and our ears will get used to the high TV pitched sound, and also there aren't anymore rooms they finally agreed to show us another room which wasn't better than the first. We told them that we would prefer a refund because we did not want to stay and the first guy refused to give us, he kept telling us that only the manager could do that and she wouldn't be in till Monday (it was a Saturday night). He refused to use the card machine and void the payment and refused to give us the money back from petty cash. Then when you think things couldn't get any worse he started to argue, you could literally stand from a mile away and hear his voice. He spoke to us in the most disrespectful manner one could possibly imagine and kept resting his hand on his side as if he was armed. It was the most awful experience and my only regret is not recording. We didn't even return for a refund.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garfield G
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My brother and I had a wonderful and memorable time here thanks to Tyrone and Simeon who give tennis lessons near by. Thanks to Mr Davis and Ivan for your hospitality and taking such good care of us. Perfectly located on the ocean and very close to downtown
Nice bar great bartender and very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this place and would love to go back again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian s
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This hotel has exactly what I need: nice staff, good security, excellent views, large rooms, quiet nights, and it is not overrun with tourists! It may be a little run down, but the staff are painting, reinstalling lights and wiring and making upgrades now (Feb 2018).

If you are the type who likes congested, all-inclusive hotels, Silver Seas is not your type of place. If you are looking for a break, a place to get some rest, do some snorkeling (best reefs are right out in front of hotel), or lounge by the pool, Silver Seas is your type of place!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple