“Great food, what about the atmosphere...”
Review of Mama Marley's

Mama Marley's
Ranked #35 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Surrey
“Great food, what about the atmosphere...”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Maybe we messed up. Booked a cab from our hotel and a table at Mama Marley's for 7pm. Arrived at 7.30pm. We were the only people there. Absolutely no atmosphere, no music playing. The waitress was really enthusiastic, but a request for some reggae in the background produced something that was barely audible. Food was good. Suggest if the place looks empty when you arrive, go somewhere else for atmosphere in Jamaica.

• Visited April 2011

“Crappy and screwed me”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Brought me wrong dish took 45mim to get it so I wasn't about to say anything and have to wait another 45min!! Screwed me on bill tax ne 27.5% plus she wanted tip... BS!!!

Big River, SK, Canada
“Good location”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We picked this restaurant based on its location - close to our hotel. The food was very good, fast, and reasonably priced. I'm still thinking about the Pina Colada - the best I had while in Ocho Rios.
We ate outside but you do have the option of eating inside. The decor is all dedicated to Bob Marley. In general - comfortable and enjoyable.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank cltraveler_11
Thornton, CO
“Good, Friendly place you can walk to.”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I ate here one evening after walking across the street from Rooms on the Beach. It was raining and no cruise ship that day so was very quiet. Service was understandably good. It's decor is clean and kind of dark, jamaican rustic with a water feature. There is an outside bar and a sunken area inside with couches and coffee tables. There also is a large-screen showing a Bob Marley documentary on a loop for your viewing.
Food was fairly priced. We kept it simple with some fried conch and shrimp fritters, plantains, and red stripes. Pretty good in my book if you're looking for a nicer walk-in, sit down place.
There is a good gift shop at the entrance filled with about every Bob Marley shirt available, as well as other items. Check it out. Decent prices compared to other places on the island.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good with what i had”
Reviewed 20 July 2010

i just got some vege wraps to hold me off till i got back to the resort. Was pretty good.