All reviews almond tree breakfast was included swinging bar included in the room rate rooms are air conditioned jamaican breakfast ocean view close to town port antonio ceiling fan ocho rios town ackee and saltfish dunns river our honeymoon wedding shutters reef
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We liked the Jamaican breakfast while we look at the ocean. The grounds are just as the photos, staffs are very polite and pleasant. Had few issues which they attended to straight away without any fuss. WiFi works well but like everywhere in Ja very slow and sometimes disconnects. Ocho Rios Town is just a 5 minuets wall. Only for the able body person no disability access and lot of steps all the way through out the property.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heidi D, Manager at Hibiscus Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear it all went well, and everything was sorted out right away without any fuss. We do have a lot of steps on our property due to us being located on a cliff with multiple levels. We hope you were able to move around without any issues. We wanted to let you know that we always have staff on hand to assist any of our guests with disabilities that needs access to any point on property. We see you enjoyed the views, and that the staff were able to meet your service expectations. Thank you for sharing, we value you and your feedback and look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My parents had their honeymoon here and raved about the almond tree restaurant. I myself, have been to Jamaica 15 times and have stayed at small boutique hotels, to huts in port antonio, to your typical all inclusive. I cannot rave enough about how well taken care of we were upon arrival. We went to Jamaica March / April 2017 for our honeymoon, and my husband and I drove the entire island (ocho was our first stop before moving onto port antonio). When booking, I had mentioned that my parents frequented here often in the 80s and that it would be our first night on our honeymoon. Without even asking they upgraded us to the NICEST room, huge balcony with large shutters that overlooked and sat on top of the sea. All of the staff members were so friendly, food was great at the almond tree, and the swinging bar was so much fun! The grounds are beautiful, the location is great, and we were sad we had to head to Port Antonio so soon. We will definitely be back, more than likely next year for my 30th birthday.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank annmrie37
Heidi D, Manager at Hibiscus Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for raving about us, we are delighted by your review. We can't wait to see you for your 30th birthday celebration!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I stayed here in December of 2017. I had an unplanned emergency trip to Jamaica and most of the high end hotels/resorts were either booked or charging exorbitant prices because of the holiday season.

While looking for some place to stay, I walked into this charming little hotel. At first glance from the outside I will be honest in saying that I wouldn't typically stay at a place like this but I was a little desperate.

I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk person, Sonika (I believe her name was) was an amazing person. Full of life, accommodating, calm, helpful and informative. It was her pleasant demeanour that made me even look at a room.

She showed me a few rooms and they were all immaculate. I chose room 15. What an amazing room with an ocean view and large balcony/terrace.

The room was good, housekeeping was great, Kept it in tip top shape. My only issue with the room was ants and the fact that there was no telephone. I've never been to a hotel or motel that did not have phones in the room. I had to leave the room to get room service, guest services and anything else. This in my opinion is a miss.

The restaurant was great, service was consistent and the food was absolutely amazing. I stayed for 4 nights and ever meal, breakfast and dinner was lovely. Breakfast is included and it is more than adequate. It was delicious.

The bar was nice and the drinks and bar tender were great.

The pool and the area was very clean.

The walk to the beach is quite a ways evenjhough the property overlooks the sea. They do not have their own beach from what I saw.

The wifi was okay, definitely couldn't watch movies or stream. At times I could not get emails.

The hotel is right on the Main Street where you can walk to the centre of the city, marketplace and restaurants. This makes the hotel loud. You can hear the street noise very clearly. If you don't mind that then you'll be okay.

What was disturbing for me at times is that the hotel itself seems to be an event venue. It hosts weddings and various events. At times I just wanted to work from the hotel room, relax or watch a movie and I could not do that. Some of these events were extremely loud and management did nothing for the guests. It is what it is. If you are okay with the place being loud then you'll be okay. If you want peace and quiet then this place is definitely not for you.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Room 15 and 14 are amazing rooms with large balconies/terrace and ocean front views
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Polly P

We are so glad you gave us a try and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We do have a small beach section, it can be accessed from the lover level dining area or by the pool deck by stairs. Our property is a prime location for weddings, we sincerely apologize if this caused a disturbance for you. We are so enthused to hear that the food was absolutely amazing, our guests always raves about our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we can't wait to have you back with us.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I have my wedding there i was hesitant because of the reviews i read about been accused of taking bath rags. however, my finance fell in love with the view and the beauitful surroundings of the hotel. First off went it was time for my wedding set up the staff was lazy and took forever to clean the area. i had to tell them that the area needed to be clean. they were not well perpared. anyway due to weather conditions i had to relocate to another site on the property.. same thing it took them forever to map the floors the young lady at the front desk was rude. anyway fast forward to 1st day, i requested a room change because the room i was in was leaking. they didot botther to give me an update nor did they change the room. apart from the leaking the room was wonderful.. what left a bitter taste in my mouth was my florist wallet went missing when the housekeeper came to clean the room, and when we inform the front desk they said their was noting they can do because the housekeeper stated that she didnot see or take any wallet. but wait on our way to checking out we took photos of everything including the wash clothes and towels. howver, when front desk called the housekeeper to inform her that we checked out and to do a sweep of the room, the housekeeper said that the towels were missing. we informed the front desk that towels are still there and showed her a picture . she told the houskeeper to look again because we showed her the picture of the towels. anyway the housekeeper inisisted that the towels were not there and front desk was going to charge us $5 usd each towels. as the same time my husband went up to the room and found the housekeepers inside along with the towels. but then the housekeeper stated oh it just one missing. How can i go from all were missing to one missing.?? anyway the front desk gave us back our desposit and we left. i will never ever go to this hotel again.. by the way the

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank fancydoll54
Heidi D, Manager at Hibiscus Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

We are extremely regretful to read about your experience. Your encounter with our staff is quite shocking to the majority of the feedback we receive from our guest. We are eager to turn your experience around as our staff are highly trained and competent to deliver a level of exceptional customer service. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future, and upon your return not hesitate to speak with management directly so we can ensure you entire experience is seamless. With regards to the missing towels, over the years we have faced a substantial loss of items in our rooms. Therefore we had to institute a policy to ensure loss prevention. The rooms are checked before check in and upon check out to ensure all hotel property are still present. We apologize that the housekeeper wasn't clear on the amount of items that were missing. We ask for the continued support of our guest in this area so we can continue to deliver a quality stay at a reasonable price. We truly hope you understand!

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Our room was very clean and comfortable with a nice firm mattress and a beautiful view of the ocean. The front desk staff was also very helpful and welcoming, and breakfast was included! I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lllilliputian

Thank you for taking the time out to share your experience with us. We definitely can't wait to have you back!