All reviews wag water eight rivers cooking class was great amazing week jerk chicken frankfort villa housekeeper ocean jamaica privacy butler wedding
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Went with my wife, two kids (8 and 11 years), and father in law. What's treat! Went on the tractor ride with Donovan who was one of the best tour guides I've ever seen-knowledgable, funny, good with kids! The tour is about 90 minutes with numerous stops that provided information on history and nature. Donovan also provided much cultural history, gave us a crash course in the Jamaican dialect, and told us a little about his own family's history. The highlights:
The planation manor, what a beautiful house and that view was stunning.
The coconut demonstration, watch a strange man climb a palm tree then open a coconut for us to sample the water and meat, with cane sugar.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I cannot find all the words to possibly describe this villa. My husband and I came to ja -for I can't even count how many times- to visit our frens here and besides its' location being in Ochi, close to where all of them live, the place is very laid back and very chill. The vibe is perfect for these kind of people. We have stayed at many different villas in the past 2 years and have seen a lot. This villa is by far the best ideal place for our close family and frens. Only if it had more than 4 bedrooms would it be absolutely perfect. The staff is excellent. The butler is on-top-of-it. The housekeeper is very nice and does a very thorough job of cleaning. They have a laid back vibe but are thorough and attentive. The chef we had both times we've stayed at Frangipani is actually not the regular chef/cook there, from what we've heard. The chef we did have, her name is Krystal (not sure of spelling), was the best. Her food tastes healthy and yummy. Cooked to perfection. You can tell she is a trained chef. She was filling in the first time we stayed, and then we requested her the 2nd time we came. The villa is quiet and peaceful. The pier is amazing. It is very serene and a great place to let yourself be in the moment; and let go of any stress, sadness, fear, regret, or any negativity you are holding onto. Plus the 100 steps down to the pier is a great workout coming back up!.. for those who enjoy a good workout...And make sure you take double steps. And don't forget to pee before you walk down, and bring water with you as well. I'm sure there's still a lot I have forgotten to say about this place but I hope what I have said will convince you to give this place a try, and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank daniellen260
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Great tour. The guided tour was great. The tour guide was pleasant and knowledgeable provided great information and answered questions easily. I just wish I had a little more time to spend in the gardens. Very informative very interesting, very beautiful

Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank R W
Reviewed 29 July 2015

From gorgeous ocean views to gourmet-quality meals and superior hospitality, my family's recent stay at Eight Rivers was flawless from start to finish. We were so sad to leave Linden, Lorna, and Leslie, who became like family to us by the end of our stay. A highlight of our trip was an elaborate dinner prepared in honor of my daughter's 16th birthday. We will be back, hopefully for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Priscilla K
Reviewed 30 June 2015

We spent 4 nights here in June with a group (in the neighbouring Eight Rivers villa) Heaven! Wake up each morning wishing for those ocean views... Get up for a morning swim before breakfast - the most lovely staff waiting for your every need (Paulette, Stefan Lee, Beverley!) Amazing breakfasts - mango pancakes, fresh watermelon and papaya, poached eggs - you name it, you got it! The villas have indoor and outdoor terraces, there is great air conditioning in bedrooms, spacious bathrooms and comfortable beds - had great nights sleep here, all that sea air. We spent the evenings chilling out with drinks and music after dinner. Can't wait to return - don't think I've ever been able to relax so much! The sea is beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends