We were supposed to stay in Royal Decameron Club in Runaway Bay but upon arrival at the airport, we were driven to Royal Decameron Fun in Runaway Bay. R.D. Fun had been bought a few weeks prior and used to be a Hedonism. Renovations had not been completed, place wasn't really ready to open. Inexperienced staff, the smell of painting everywhere, broken door locks and lock boxes...etc. etc. R.D. Club was overbooked....surprise, surprise. Should have heeded all warnings on Trip Advisor!
We requested to be moved to R.D. Montego Bay. Overall this resort is satisfactory but definitely no higher than a 3 star. There are a few small beach areas but no long beaches to walk on. The food is mediocre but always fresh....the homemade bread is delicious. If you want bacon with your breakfast, it's at the egg station but you'll have to get there early in the morning, as they run out quickly. There is one a la carte. Food there is usually pretty good but they have the same menu for a whole week. The a la carte restaurant has 2 sittings. Book the early one as the one time we went to the late sitting, they had run out of 3 of the entres.
The rooms are a decent size and the beds are comfortable. The bed pillows however are hard slabs of foam. Plenty of hot water in the showers. We were on the main floor and had a nice big covered patio.
Entertainment was so so. Gets a bit tired after a couple of days. Most of the time it's uncomfortably loud. Audiences were minimal while we were there.
The airport is only a 10 minute drive, which is very convenient. We enjoyed watching the planes come in every 5 minutes during the day, but some people found this annoying.
Overall an average resort. You can take a quick walk into town if you're up to a lot of badgering. Not a lot to see around the area. We have also been to Negril and Ocho Rios and would recommend either one over Montego Bay. Negril has the best beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Wotif.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive