“My Flawlessly 40, Mobay Vacay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
outdoor entrance
pool
on the patio - overlooking the ocean
on the patio at night
master bedroom
downstairs bedroom - allspice
yummy!!
early morning fruits
ackee and salftish  - jamaican breakfast
Dave - our loving driver
Event held at Nutmeg - IWF (Dine around)
event held at Nutmeg - IWF
breakfast anyone?
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Erica W
Houston, Texas
“My Flawlessly 40, Mobay Vacay”
Reviewed 26 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I celebrated my 40th bday with 9 of my best girlfriends and I chose this villa to be the host. Nutmeg Villa far surpassed my expectations! Upon arrival, I knew that this was indeed a piece of paradise. The entire staff was extremely wonderful. Chef Morgan was an excellent cook and a great head of house. His menu selections were absolutely delicious! He and Carlington took great care of us as far as our dining needs. They were on top of everything and prepared for it all. The housekeepers, Ms. Anne & Ms. Kathy, were both so pleasant. The home was nicely cleaned by these ladies daily. The grounds are perfectly maintained by the gardeners and just breathtaking. I couldn't have chosen a better property to celebrate my 40th bday. The location was excellent, we were very close to all things that we wanted to do in Montego Bay. With that said I can't forget about Dave, the driver. He was the best ever! He took us all over the island and we never had to look for him. He was courteous and always on time. My favorite part about the villa was the common areas that included the outside seating/dining area and the pool. It was the perfect set up for all of our long days and nights! We literally could have stayed here all day and never left! Thanks again to the staff for being all that we could imagine. Trust & believe we will see you all again....

Travelling group: Friends
29 Apr 2016
So happy that you were able to celebrate your 40th Birthday with you and your girlfriends at Nutmeg Villa. Thanks so much for such a superb review.
We so look forward to your return.
Westbury, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The private pool & the staff
Liked least: The bugs....but we were in the Caribbean so the bugs were expected
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
19 Jul 2015
Thanks so much for such an awesome review.
The staff loved having you and your family with us... please do visit again.
Look forward to seeing you very soon. Know that you have a family waiting for your return in Jamaica!!
Ian J
New York City, New York
“Affordable luxury”
Reviewed 23 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Our weekend at Nutmeg Villa was truly magical. Walking through the doors and seeing the view for the first time took our breath away. Every moment after that followed suit. I'll tell you all about it and share a few tips at the end.

The house is gorgeous and well kept. The view alone is worth the price, but the house and the grounds are equally stunning. Its not on the beach, but you have quick access to the beach and other amenities (golf, tennis, gym, spa) at Half Moon Bay resort which is just a 5 minute drive down the hill.

The rooms are large and nicely designed. The beds are comfortable. Each room has a private bathroom. 4 rooms open to the view of the ocean. The other 2 rooms area bit simpler.

Everyone on the house staff is friendly and accommodating. They make you feel like family and bend over backward for any request you have. We had a special birthday dinner on our last night, and they let us decorate the house and make the event extra special.

Meals at the house were a treat also. The chef put out an excellent breakfast every day as well as some other meals during our trip. My recommendation would be to stick to the menu offered by the house. We had originally thought about making some meals ourselves, but the house staff congregates in the kitchen, making it awkward to use the kitchen. We were so happy with the meals provided by the chef that it didn't matter. It was great to relax and not have to worry about meals while we were there.

I came here with a group of friends for my wife's birthday. There were 9 adults (2 couples and 5 singles) and there was ample room for everyone. We were told the house has slept up to 19. That would have to be pretty cramped. Comfortably, I would say 5-6 couples or 3 families with children. Splitting the nightly cost amongst a group and its a bargain.

*Tips*

1. I would recommend eating at the house for breakfast and lunches, and going out for dinner. The chef suggests a daily price per person.
2. The availability of meat and produce on the island can be inconsistent, so its best to stick to the recommended dishes on the chef's menu.
3. Whatever you do, work out a plan in advance with the chef. I was shocked by the grocery bill at the end of the trip.
4. If you're with a group, I recommend hiring a driver for the entire stay. It lets you come and go as you please. That said, Dave, the driver recommended by the house, is a little tough to deal with. Negotiate your price before you go, and get a firm estimate. We were surprised by extra costs at the end.
5. Also be warned, gas was not included in the day rate. Our driver expected us to accompany him to the gas station and pay for gas refills. This happened on the morning of a road trip while the group was sitting in the car. It set us back 30 minutes on our timetable which was extremely inconvenient. So again, be sure you negotiate the terms upfront, and get it in writing if you can.
6. We were told the house has slept up to 19. That would have to be pretty cramped. Comfortably, I would say 5-6 couples or 3 families with children. Splitting the nightly cost amongst a group and its a bargain.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the rooms, the chef, the butler
Liked least: there were some additional costs for food and transportation that we didn't expect.
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
29 Apr 2016
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detail review. I am so happy that overall you had such a great time.
I am not sure where you saw that the house could sleep up to 19 people, that is so incorrect. Please do let me know where you see that advertised as it sleeps 13-15 people comfortably. I would like to ensure that I correct that information.
Also, my apologies for the misunderstanding about the cost with our driver. I did send you his policy and rate with all the details. Gas was included in your daily rate but it all depends on how often you use the driver for the day and also how many long distance trips you make during your stay. The driver told me afterwards that you did make several long distance trips and seemed to have a blast. Please do let me know if there is anything that I could do for your next trip.
Beach_365
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Villa”
Reviewed 22 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Beautiful villa! From initial enquiry every request and query was handled promptly and Charmaine was a pleasure to deal with, her staff followed suit and we were thoroughly taken care of throughout our stay.

The villa is large and spacious with a private pool and gardens to boot. There are 5 bedrooms on the main floor, 2 living rooms, outdoor seating area and outdoor dining area. There is also a 6th room on the lower level of the villa which can be used as a games room and/or additional bedroom. All the bedrooms are of good size with the master bedroom boasting its own jaccuzi and separate living area.

The villa itself is very open so just be cautious in the evenings if you are prone to mosquito bites but all the bedrooms can be as open or closed as you wish and all have air conditioning.

The staff were amazing! So helpful and friendly throughout our stay…Ms Kathy and Ann were great, doing our rooms up twice a day and taking care of our laundry. Chef Morgan was fantastic and met all of our requests without question and cooked us up some yummy food, the best part was most definitely seeing his Jamaican dance moves! Carlington, Wayne and Garret were also very lovely!

So sad to leave but most definitely will come back next time I am in Jamaica, thanks all for a great experience!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
16 May 2016
Thanks so much for an awesome review
We look forward to your return in the near future
You are now family !
Crystal B
Queens Village, New York
“PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My family and I traveled to Jamaica for my grandmother 's memorial. We chose to stay at Nutmeg for that weekend, we spent 4 nights at Nutmeg villa to be exact. This was one of the best weekends of my life!!!! The experience we had a Nutmeg Villa was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! The service was impeccable. The staff at Nutmeg , the housekeepers Ann and Ms. Kathy, the butler Carlington and Chef Morgan were SUPERB. Chef Morgan is one of a kind, his meals were delicious and he provided us with a variety of meals to choose from, all with Jamaican flavors. Our Seafood night was an Absolute delight and the highlight of our stay. The staff was friendly and very respectful. My family and I are still reveling in how beautiful the weekend was and we are so thankful to Mrs. Charmaine and her staff for providing us with the perfect place to come together as a family and celebrate together as one.

Travelling group: Large Group
14 Feb 2015
Thanks Crystal for an awesome review
Glad that you and your family enjoyed the time at Nutmeg and I am so happy that the staff far exceeded your expectations
Look forward to your return soon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing