See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Excellent service. Great location to do things around town. The hotel is old, but has a rustic charm. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, room # 8. Had a sitting area and a balcony with a great view of the water.

Room Tip: A/C noise was in all rooms back in 1991. They may have upgraded since then.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMB295
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed at this resort in in 1986 with our children. We have wonderful memories of a vacation that could have been a vacation from hell if we had lacked having a sense of humor. Yep, it's old. It is Mo Bays first resort. Yep, the beach is tiny and really only exists if the tide is out. Yep, Doctors Cave large beach is adjoining but fenced off....it's only a short block down the road though. Never knew what color the pool water was going to be. Sporadic hot water, sporadic food supply but it was good when there was some. lol Sporadic liquor supply.....there was a liquor store across the street so no worries. We stayed in a ground level room just left of the hotel entrance and opposite from the stairs leading to the 2nd story. It had kind of an alcove area that looked out over the sea. Anyone know what that room number is?? They had put a twin bed in there for our young daughter. There was one night that the sea was stormy and the waves were high. The water came right in between the leaky old windows and of course across the bed. OMG we laughed so hard.

The location was wonderful and still is. Unfortunately neighboring properties have closed down as more and more people flock to the 'super' resorts that are now being built. Hopefully tourists will once again see the charm of being in town and the vacant resorts will reopen.

Of all the vacations we took our kids on this is the one they speak of most fondly. Even with so many issues arising day after day. They had FUN despite of the issues. If we had complained and whined the whole trip their memories might be different. But, we didn't. We smiled, enjoyed the wonderful people of Jamaica and got off property tai

We went back a few years ago to see the old place. It only had a few rooms being rented out and the restaurant was leased out and no longer under hotel management. We stood on the terrace and looked out at the sea and all the memories, bothgood and not so good came back to us.....and we smiled.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank beentheredoneit2014
Reviewed 30 August 2013

While it is many years since I stayed at the Casablanca, it is one of my best memories ever. My room looked out on the Caribbean, and Doctors' Cave Beach was right next door. Food and drink were excellent, scenery was great; the hotel had wonderful entertainment at dinnertime and beyond - everything from calypso music to limbo lessons, ska dancing lessons, even crab races at the tables, and donkey baseball on the beach. Perfect atmosphere for young lovers, or a wonderful getaway for the young at heart!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Caribbean are the most scenic - rooms have large balconies looking out on the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank rosie_o2
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I visited the Casablanca almost 22-years ago and still remember everything about this hotel. I loved the sweeping verandahs that seemed to come out of a movie set. The rooms, decor and interior was stunning. Not a tacky, cookie-cutter hotel.

I will never forget the surreal experience of sitting on our balcony in the early morning - and watching a dreadlocked dude sing the best reggae tune out loud - walking down the long dock to the right of the hotel. Life is so good that you can sing out loud about it. Staff was excellent, food was excellent and the bar opened at 11 a.m. Red Stripe, anyone? :)

Room Tip: We were on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CADRott
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Room 8, what can I say! I stayed there September 2011 with a friend and I was never more relaxed then sitting on that balcony listening to the waves, watching boats, swimmers, turtles drift by. My friend said that he has traveled all over the world but the healing waters of Doctors Cave Beach were the softest and best sand he has ever been on. I agree. This place is modestly priced, clean, fresh flowers daily.

The owner and staff were wonderful to us. Oh, yes, I slept like a baby! I hope to return someday.

Room Tip: Ask for the room 8, what a view from the balcony!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends