Sandals Montego Bay
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 415*
USD 262*
  • Pool
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 488*
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 517*
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 248*
USD 221*
HolidayInn.com
  • Breakfast included
Deja Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 212*
USD 164*
SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 208*
USD 190*
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
USD 357*
USD 336*
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 238*
USD 231*
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 577*
USD 513*
Priceline
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 1,665*
USD 1,584*
5,782 results
All reviewspalms buildingoleander roomour honeymooncucina romanaalmonds buildingbig altokyo joesstew fishpiano barbutler servicebayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeancafe de parisclose to the airportmain barwater skiing
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2006

This was my wife and my second visit to Jamaica. On the plus side it is a beautiful Island. On both visits we have found the people at the resorts very friendly. For any couple with no children I would recommend going to a Sandals resort. Now that we have been to both Sandals Montego Bay and Negril, I would recommend Sandals Negril over Sandals Montego Bay. At Montego Bay the airport is literally in the back of the resort. So you get the full affect of the airplanes taking off. The airplanes would start to take off about every hour starting around 8am and go until about 8pm every day. On the plus side you only have a 10 minute drive to the airport. It is a 90 minute bus ride to get to Sandals Negril. While you do not need to tip anyone at the resort, tips are expected off the resort. This includes the minute you land in Jamaica when your bags are transported from the airport to the bus. In the pool bar there was one bartender who was working as hard as he could to attend to everyone. At times I would wait up to 10 minutes before finally giving up and walking to the other bar to get drinks. For the guys, Red stripe beer, seemed to be the preferred drink. For the ladies it was a drink called the Hummingbird. Also, I tried another very good drink called the watermelon. The food was OK. We tried the Restaurant Tokyo Joes and thought it was OK. The main draw I feel, at Tokyo Joes, is the Chefs cooking with the large flames. I was just as happy eating at the other restaurants that did not require reservations. On both trips we reserved Grandluxe Beachfront rooms, with patios on the first floor. Next time I would save the extra money and not get a beachfront room. In my opinion it was not worth the extra money we spent.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2006

We went to Sandals Montego Bay from May 28 to June 3. We could not have been happier with our stay. We read many of the reviews on this site which caused concern. Everything from food and drink issues to the airport proximity. I want to say all are completely overblown and a matter of perspective. Please do not believe the airport issues. Yes the resort is at the end of the runway but the planes only fly over about 3 times a day (never early morning or late night) when 4-5 flights take off within a few minutes of each other. The resort staff and guests have fun with the situation, waving and kissing when they go by.
The staff is incredible. We got married on the 31st and Kenesha our room service attendant placed a suprise flower display on our bed for us to return to after the wedding. It was beautiful! I have never been to any hotel or resort where it seems the staff is as ready to help out as they were at Sandals Montego Bay. Anything we needed was immediately handled by the conceriege; including dinner reservations, extra water, & getting our clothes ready for the wedding. Whether it be the person who picks up plates in the resturant, those who comb the beach, the watersports staff, playmakers, or even the General Manager Horrace (we had the good fortune to have him sit with us at breakfast one morning) everyone enjoys working and doing their job. I only wish my employees showed the same enthusiam.
I can't say enough about everything at this resort, there is so much to do! Watersports are great, the food is great, the people are great (both staff & visitors). If you want a more laid back, quiet and somewhat boring, can't wait to go to bed at 10pm resort, look elsewhere. If you want to come to a resort and have a FUN time, make new friends, eat great food & drink Duncan Specials, go to Sandals Montego Bay. We met friends here we will have for life. We are already planning our trip for next year! Hope to see you there!

21  Thank vfrancis
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2006

My husband and I had gone to SMB for the first time for our honeymoon a few years ago. We decided to return last month because our initial experience had been so good. Well, suffice it to say that SMB is not what it used to be.
We had booked a concierge room. Upon arriving at the resort, we had to wait around for the front desk staff to even greet us. Then when someone got around to doing it, she proceeded to walk over to the Concierge Lounge w/o even saying a word to us--as if we should know to just follow her. I finally had to ask, "Are we going to the Concierge to check in?"
Check in went smoothly and we were escorted to our room, which was a great room-clean, beautiful ocean view. However, as we walked over to the refrigerator, there was water all over the floor (I think the refrigerator had been unplugged). The bellhop said that he would send someone over right away to clean it up. No one ever came so we just ended up throwing some towels on the floor and cleaning it ourselves--not exactly what I enjoyed doing as we started our vacation.
As we stayed there over the next few days, we noticed that the staff were just not as friendly as they used to be. From our previous stay, we were so impressed with the outgoing friendliness of each and every staff member that we came across.
This time, it seemed that a majority of them were almost put-out for a simple "hello" in passing. I must be honest--the housekeeping and grounds staff were some of the friendliest people that we met, everyone else seemed like they couldn't have cared less.
On our second day, our refrigerator did not seem to be cooling properly. We called to the desk to have someone come check it out--no one ever came.
Our third day, we ran out of bottled water early in the day. Over a span of about 6 hours I called 3 times to the Concierge desk to get some more. Each time I was told that it would be sent, but no one came. I finally went to the desk myself to get some. What happened to the customer service? Why are we paying extra for Concierge??
The food was mediocre-not bad, not great. In my opinion, the worst thing that happened on our entire trip was that one morning at the breakfast buffet, I saw a roach crawling across the counter by the food. I almost got sick and could barely bring myself to eat there anymore. I had to convince myself that since we were in a "tropical" setting, these critters may be around, but nevertheless...
I doubt that we will be staying at SMB again. I was so dissappointed by our experience. It's just not what it used to be.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 May 2006

We just returned from Sandals, Montego Bay, Jamaica. The all-inclusive couples resort is a wonderful place to stay. This was our second trip to this resort. The employees have to be the most attentive, nicest, polite employees of any resort. They make the stay pleasurable. They can't do enough for you. The restuarants all have really good food. There are plenty of activities to keep you busy and entertained. It was a wonderful vacation. The only negative thing is that it needs a bigger pool and bar. There is only about four stools to sit on in the water.

9  Thank PatKK0814
Reviewed 22 May 2006

Just returned from Montego Bay, Sandals, May 19th, 2006. Believe all the negatives. This place is geared for the white trash. If you want a truly lovely resort, then book the Royal Carribean.

Stayed: May 2006