We recently returned from a trip to Sandals Montego Bay and found it be a fantastic experience. We stayed in the Oleander Block which is the only set of 8 rooms without balconies, but the room is just the same as others. The bathrooms in the Caribbean are just not up to European or new 4star hotel plus standards.
Some negative aspects about this hotel were that we found the tours desk quite unhelpful and inflexible about making all of your options clear. Plus the poor customer services skills (think "Computer says no" from Little Britain)!
The pool bar stays open later at night and some residents can hear others making noise in the early hours. There are no dressing gowns in the basic rooms.
The staff are really friendly, very genuine and very hardworking, especially the entertainment staff (called "playmakers"). They rehearse every night and the results pay-off, this resort probably has the best Hotel entertainment in Montego Bay.
It is possible to have Breakfast in the Italian restaurant upstairs and although the service is slow, they serve up a great eggs Benedict to order! and you have a great Oceanside view. The bar staff are very friendly and can mix up any drink under the sun. The food overall is pretty good with a reasonable choice over a 2 week holiday. The best aspect of this resort has to be the beach, this is one of the longest and most beautiful beaches with many trees. The waterspouts facilities are very accessible with a good choice of what you want when you want it.
We didn’t know but the Caribbean boasts duty-free shopping at discounted prices, cheaper than most places in the world. Watches and Jewellery are especially affordable at the shopping centre nearby. Don't go on the shopping excursion unless you want these type of products; get a taxi to the shopping centre yourself as the excursion gives you the hard-sell treatment! The taxis are expensive because the fuel is expensive and also because the drivers are charged with your safety out-and about. However they provide a really good service and will collect you at your leisure. Haggle with all the prices outside the hotel, much is well overpriced to gain extra money from tourists. Most of the tourist souvenirs are all the same craft style which you get bored with.
At the Sandals Royal Caribbean there is a Thai restaurant on a small island which is defiantly worth visiting. The food is served as a set menu but is very tasty. A great aspect about a Sandals holiday is the ability to access other Sandals resorts and use their all-inclusive facilities. We did this on many occasions and it adds variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Largest private white sand beach on the north coast •The entertainment capital of the Sandals brand with nightly professional shows and upbeat, active, fun-loving daytime activities. •Six exquisite dining options•Complimentary transfers to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Carlyle. Enjoy all the luxuries included in our “stay at one, play at three” concept offering 18 dining options •Air-conditioned departure lounge•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Montego Bay Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Sandals Hotel
- Sandal Montego Bay