SeaGarden Beach Resort(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
USD 240
USD 198
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 827
USD 416
Hyatt.com
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 307
USD 248
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 483
USD 281
  • Pool
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 384
USD 334
Priceline
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 387
USD 362
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 379
USD 307
Priceline
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall(Rose Hall)(Great Value!)
USD 836
USD 407
Cancelon
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
USD 1,078
Official Website
  • Pool
7,084 results
All reviewssunset beachwater parklazy riverthe grilljerk chickenitalian restaurantpirate shipgrilled cheesewater shoesswim up barkids clubsea urchinsfood was greatfamily resortfrench frieshot dogsstar resort
Reviewed 27 July 2010

let me just start off by saying I am jamaican returning home for a get away from my normal life. My group consist of six people myself 18 years old as well as another 18 year old 11 and 12 and our parents. living in jamaica for 11 years I can truly say that I have never experience anything like this! our favorite part of the trip was the water park and the grill! yum yum the food was beyond amazing the staff was great . the younger ones made a lot of friends at the teen centre where Renee and Nardia works and they wishes to keep in touch with them but never got a chance to see them before departure. overall we had the time of our life and we owe it all to the staff I will be back for my 21st birthday supporting you guys again.
one love one heart!

Reviewed 27 July 2010

We were on a cruise and stopped in Jamaica for a day. We were looking for some place fun to go with our kids (ages 8 and 6) that wasn't too far from the cruise terminal. We didn't want to book through the cruise figuring we'd have a better time and get a better value. We went to Sunset Beach Resort. It was about five minutes from the cruise terminal ($10 cab each way). It's an all inclusive resort and water park. It was $180 for two adults and two kids. The kids had a blast. They had a couple of really fun water slides, big pool, lazy river and a pirate ship. It wasn't very crowed at all and the staff there was all very friendly. Lunch was included as well as all you could drink. The lunch was buffet style and had lots of options. We thought it was really good. The resort was on a beach so we spent some time in the ocean as well. Their beach wasn't the best, but it was fun for the kids. We really went there for the water slides and we weren't disappointed. It's not someplace I'd stay for a week, but for a fun afternoon it can't be beat. I'd definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

We had a great trip to Sunset Beach Resort! There were 11 of us that went on the trip that included 4 children ages 11, 8, 6 and 2. This place was perfect for them!

After reading all the reviews before going, we were concerned about all of the negative write ups but once we got there we were so relieved and enjoyed the trip! Yes the place could use some renovations but for the price it was perfect for our family!

The children loved the waterpark and all of the pools. The older children really enjoyed the snorkeling, paddle boats and kayaks that the resort offered. Yes sometimes you couldn't get snorkel gear or a boat right away but it wasn't a big deal to us since it there was lots to do. We did bring 2 sets of cheap snorkel sets and they worked great for the 6 and 8 year old. I also recommend water shoes for everyone to bring. Our 2 year old would not walk on the beach without them! The beach was really well taken care of by the staff but there are lots of shells in the ocean that make it rough to walk on.

The food was great as well! We ate at the Thai restaurant one night - it was terrific! Great service and delicious food! The Italian restaurant was good too; however for some reason they could not handle our group size so we had to have separate tables. Be sure to book the restaurants early if you plan to go. The buffett was good. Everyday they had different selections and lots of new items to try! The wait staff was always pleasant to us!

As for negatives, first I would say the rain! We apparently went during rainy season so every afternoon it rained. This was my own fault for not researching their rainy season and trying to take the kids somewhere during summer break. When it was not raining, it was hot! You got enough sun in that time! Bring sunscreen for sure!

Second, I agree with everyone's comments about the towels. We had trouble getting new beach towels often and even the room towels were hard to come by.

Overall I recommend this resort especially if you have kids. We knew we chose the place for the value so I was not expecting 5 stars on everything. But the place was located in a beautiful location! There was lots to do on the resort! We did go on a boat trip one day to snorkel and to go to Margaritaville - the Dreamer Catarman - totally recommend this trip. The kids loved every minute and it was reasonable for a family to go!

3  Thank BellStone
Reviewed 24 July 2010

my experience was great .when we got to the hotel the bell hop was very pleasafulnt and helpful,our room was great .the whole staff was outstanding we really had a wonderful time .love the beach

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Worse trip of my life. I am Jamaican and I returned home for a weekend get away. The front desk staff was rude and treated us like we were second class citizens. Would not recommend this place to anyone. We intended to stay two nights but cut it short to just one night becasue the service was so bad. Do not go to this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jingles_nicole
obessa, Manager at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2010

Hello Guest:

We are truly sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our Front Desk during your stay. In such cases when our guests are displeased they usually will speak to a manager who is powered to correct the situation. I would appreciate it if you could respond with the person's name.

We understand your disappointment, but, hope that you will give one of our other two hotels a second chance or return to Sunset Beach to see how we have improved on reception experience.

Regards,