“Lunch with my son”

Papaye Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

My son was in town for a couple of days and wanted to invite my wife and I to lunch. So we chose papaye which is one of my favorite restaurants.
Food as usual was great but service was horrible, not bad but horrible.
It would be nice if something is done about that but it’s just seems to get worse.
But the food makes up for it, sort of ...

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This is the most relaxed and well presented restaurant in Petion-Ville. Well balanced menu with nice portions, very well prepared and presented.

A great place to relax and have a lazy dinner with friends. Frequented by the local jet-set and has not failed to deliver any time I have been. Great cocktails as well!

This is a must.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Went here for dinner with 6 business colleagues early on a Thursday evening. We were first to arrive to an empty restaurant and by the time we left at 9:30 is was pretty full. Service was slow but attentive, and the food and drinks were good. The menu is delightfully creative and changes monthly. It was tough to choose among the many options. The goat cheese croquettes were amazing - I wish there were more than 2 in the appetizer. Had the Japanese chicken breast for main course - a bit too sweet for my taste, but not bad. Dessert menu is whimsically presented as pieces of handwritten paper on a wire frame. We were pretty full so not many deserts ordered, but the profiterole were lovely. I would highly recommend this place and expect to return.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Our family celebration at Papaye with 35 guests was a success due to the high professionalism of Mrs. steed Attie (one of the owners), the high quality of food served and the wonderful warm and chic atmosphere. Mrs. Steed Attie is an excellent host who went above and beyond was is normal standard to make this event a memorable one for our family! When in PaP, whether for dinner for 2, small group, business dinner or family event, I would not hesitate to celebrate it again at Papaye. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My friends and I went to the Papaye twice in October. The first visit was unforgettable (good). Service was pleasant and efficient, food very well prepared and atmosphere fine. Each plate whether entre, main course or dessert was flavourful and pleasing to the eye.
Cocktails were fine. I can't explain why what happened on our next visit happened but it happened.The second visit was unforgettable (bad). I ordered a martini; it was serve 45 minutes later after asking its whereabout 5 times. Moreover upon ordering it I was told, no olives. Now I have never been to an upscale restaurant where they had no martini olives but what makes this totally unacceptable is that the restaurant was across the street from a supermarket with cocktail olives galore.. I ordered a medium grilled steak with béarnaise sauce. The steak arrived bloody and hard to cut. The béarnaise sauce portion was minuscule and when I asked for more, there was none. A friend had salmon, same dish twice. No comparison between the same dish, the first one being fine, the second a failure with a cloying barbecue sauce. The service could not have been less efficient or more poorly orchestrated. Atmosphere? Well if you like music blasting in your ears while you are trying to have a pleasant conversation, then I guess you can say it was delightful. But between the noise and the dirty silverware, I guess we have a case for our complaint about the atmosphere. Maybe I am being unduly harsh after having my expectations raised to a higher standard but the experience was a waste of money and something I do not wish to suffer again. Three thumbs down Papaye.