Been back a week, and missing this lovely hotel. It was total relaxation from day one. People have said they have had trouble with the time share people, but we just said no politely and after the first few days they never bothered us apart from passing the time of day. All staff were lovely and friendly. We had a problem with the room upon arrival,(no hot water) but within 10-15 mins of reporting it to reception the maintenance man was there and fixed it. We stayed in villa 4 and had a garden view. Talking of the gardens they were beautiful and well kept. Over the family side there were many picturesque lakes, bridges and nooks and crannies. Some of the lakes had flamingos, turtles and cranes in them. We tried all the restaurants and the food and service was all good. Our favourites were Thalassa ( breakfast, lunch and evening). I must say a big thank you to the chef at breakfast for your patience in teaching me how to ask for eggs sunny side up, after two weeks I cracked it .Sea blue ( breakfast, dinner and evening ). Sorrento pizzeria ( lunch ). We loved the beach bar all times of the day, especially at night it was so chilled. Loved the lady. The beach, yes it had a lot seaweed but the beach guys were out in the morning hand raking and collecting it in a tractor which cleared the sand. The evening entertainment in the adult side was low key but relaxing. The family side was a very different story. The Michael Jackson tribute act was amazing. We went on one trip to Santa Domingo which was very interesting, thanks to Victor. Our Thomson rep, Fray, was a really lovely, helpful man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the authentic Caribbean at an exclusive, adults-only resort. Its small details make big your stay and the personalized service you receive will make you feel as if you were in heaven. Exclusive suites, innovative restaurants, dreamlike swimming pools…relax in this tropical paradise and enjoy the best vacation you’ve ever had. Have an extraordinary experience, and leave the worrying to us; we’ll take care of you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotelopia so you can book your Catalonia Royal Bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Royal Bavaro Punta Cana
- Royal Catalonia Bavaro