Catalonia Royal Bavaro
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 522
USD 247
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 352
USD 275
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 516
USD 403
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 452/night.

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 293
USD 252
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 446
USD 334
USD 293
USD 188
USD 575
USD 494
Priceline
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 275
USD 245
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
USD 312
USD 195
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 2,420
Melia.com
6,537 results
All reviewsroyal sideinfinity poolpiano barcata tapathalassa restauranttapas restaurantthe sea blue restauranttao catrodeo steak housejuice barroyal guestsla toscanayucacalifornia rollswim up barsister resortsea grass
Reviewed 17 January 2015

We just returned from 2 weeks at the Royal Catalonia and already planning on returning next year. The staff are amazing! They will do anything that they can to make your stay fantastic. Charlton would stop every time he saw us to ask if we needed anything. Our room was not ready when we arrived so Charlton came to see us to in the Piano Bar where we were waiting to ensure that we were being treated well and to ensure that we were aware of the evening festivies as it was New Years Eve. Once we were in our room we were hand delivered a note that told us that arrangements had been made that we would be seated immediately in the restaurant because of having to wait for our room. The food was always good, presented beautifully, served professionally. All restaurants were equally good, we did especially enjoy the bbq'ed lobster at the Sea Blue restaurant it was fabulous to eat outside with the ocean breeze, the Tao Cat with its Small intimate location beside the pool was another favourite. The beach is beautiful and relaxing but definitely not for swimming, the staff work very hard to clear away the sea weed but it is a losing battle so if you want to swim go to one of the pools.
I cannot say enough good things about the staff here, Yanzee was our favourite among the serving staff. Always greeted us with a smile and hola, he was friendly, professional and just a joy to be around. Anderson, Ernesto and Alonzo all in the main restaurant never ceased to amaze me in there abilities to always be wherever you needed them whenever you needed them and with a smile. Even when we were seated in another severs section they would still stop by to ensure we were not in need of anything.
I generally like to go somewhere different every year but the Royal Catalonia has changed that, we will be returning next year.

Room Tip: We were in Villa 44 and loved how central it was
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed 17 January 2015

The Catalonia Royal is great if you want to go to a resort and spend your entire time there. We went for 5 days and did not leave the resort. There is a casino but we didn't check it out. Also there are several different stores, a mini-market and a pharmacy on site. We paid for all-inclusive and were very happy with the services. As a guest at the royal-adults only part of the resort, you get access to the entire property (any pool, restaurant, beach) but at the same time, if you want to escape the noise and have a relaxed stay at the pool, you can just go to the royal part (guests from the other part of the resort could not go to the royal part). The beach is great and the food was good. Alcohol was easy to get to since there were bars near the beach but you could not eat on the beach (only at the restaurants near the beach). All the restaurants were good - the steakhouse was surprisingly good, the big buffet (not the royal side) was better since it offered a lot more options. The all-inclusive guests at the Royal were sectioned off in the VIP area at the big buffet so there was always seating. When ordering drinks, stick to neat or alcohol and a soda since the staff was not very good at making cocktails. There was also free-wifi everywhere in the Royal area. The only sort of disappointing part was a dinner on the beach that we signed up for. The dinner was very romantic and it was a great experience but we chose the lobster menu and regretted not choosing the other menu since the lobster was overcooked. We loved our stay and would love to go back.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sdavidova
Reviewed 16 January 2015

This was such a wonderful resort, very close to the airport but still secluded which was very nice. The staff here are amazing, every single person tries to make your stay special. The cleaning ladies did such a great job, we loved coming to our room to find new decorations with flowers our towel arrangements not to mention how thoroughly they cleaned our room. The rooms are however a little dated and are in need of some updates but we rarely spent any time in it so it was nothing to us. The grounds were so well kept and it was so nice to see them constantly cutting the grass or planting flowers. You couldn't walk anywhere without someone offering you a drink or asking if you needed anything. I am a picky eater and the food was AMAZING everywhere we went. The buffet always had a good assortment of food for breakfast lunch and dinner. All the à la carte restaurants we tried were very very good. Our favourite was the sea blue restaurant for dinner, the steak and lobster was the best we've ever had anywhere. The sea blue restaurant was also our favourite spot for lunch. Everything was so well prepared and cooked perfectly. The room service breakfast was delicious as well as the breakfast at thalassa. Our favourite waiter Rony was always there to help us if we had any questions and as I mentioned before everyone was amazing. The beach was full of seaweed so we kept away from there because it was indeed a losing battle for the poor workers. But that wasn't at all an issue due to the fact that there were two pools to chose from at our resort and we had access to all the amenities at the resort next door.
Overall our stay here was fabulous and we would most definitely return to Catalonia royal bavaro.

• Stayed: January 2015
3  Thank Joshharvie
Reviewed 16 January 2015 via mobile

Went to Catalonia royal bavaro for my 30th birthday with my husband from 9/10-9/16 ...I just want to preface this and say we had an amazing time I mean cmon the environment you are in. White sands,good drinks, and courteous people is a good time to me!!! We stood on the royal side which pretty much is the adults only side. I recommend it if you are staying there. It's a big resort and both the family side and adults only side merge into each other however only the royal side can go back and forth to each side. The family side is definitely more livelier lots going on lots of music and where the club and entertainment is. Royal side was way low key which was perfect for us cause some nights we liked to just chill out and listened to the wonderful guitarist play while we drank some amazing drinks. However the family needs some updates the royal side was def wayyyyy more updated and just felt more luxury to us.
I do want to say the timeshare selling is real and they were a pain in my behind but we booked thru delta vacations so after the first few times of me nicely telling them in both English and Spanish that we were not interested they just kept on so I told my delta vacation rep and he must of told them something cause the next time I saw the timeshare people ohhhhh I got the look of the devil lollllll...
Also if u don't speak Spanish it may be a bit of an issue. The English there is sketchy at best. Luckily I speak fluent Spanish so my husband who doesn't was ok cause I spoke for everything. But some couples to even ask for ice was an issue and I would lend my Spanish lol. So I mean that would be a big issue for some people the language barrier.
Otherwise had an amazing time and have to say thank you to Moises who we our waiter for breakfast every morning and made us laugh and try made getting up for breakfast in the morning so enjoyable. And we are so not morning people!!!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kdgorden
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We'd like to report our terrible experience with Catalonia Royal Bavara- adult resort only in Punta Cana.
Me and my husband have been traveled a lot without any problems with hotels and resorts in which we stayed.
The first moment we stepped into the hotel lobby gave us a sign we got into the bad place: dark and not cleaned with outdated dirty furniture.
After we got into our room we found water leaking from the ceiling, but we still stayed there over night.
When we went to the ocean beach we saw piles (more than 2 feet height!) of disgusting and smelling seaweed with the flies over all place.
There is a health hazard!
The ocean was full with seaweeds and nobody could go into it. For swimming there are just pulls available. I have a pull in my health club. I have no reason to came to Punta Cana to use a pulls, I want the ocean!
In the morning with the help of your representative from “Travel with Style” Liberto Camon we changed the room.
In the time when we switch the room my wedding and engagement rings had been stolen by staff of hotel.
The wedding and engagement rings can not be replaced by any money, they has a family history attached to them.
Administration of hotel was arrogant and not helpful with our troubles. By the way the food selection and entertainment were also very poor.
Our question is: how come resort like this has 4.2-4.5 stars? We would not give it even 1 star.
This vacation was complete waste of our valuable time and money, plus aggravations from hotel management and lost of our belongings.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple