Dreams Punta Cana is no doubt beautiful.
Here are the pros:
Excellent food, very nice staff for the most part
A show every night with music and dancing
Activities and entertainment staff were awesome
Very clean and pretty much bug free
Absolutely gorgeous grounds with flamingos and peacocks everywhere, which kept us very entertained.
Great drinks, beautiful beach, safe, with wifi
Kayak rental, scuba diving lessons, hobie cat lessons, snorkel masks were all free.
Why they only got 4 stars from me
Food: I feel that the food could have been better, with more cultural options and local dishes rather than trying to cater to the travelers coming in with French, Italian, or American Food. I came here to eat different food. I don't want to eat something I can find at home, but that's just me.
Staff: Most of the staff was amazing, but certain people seemed rude. The Lifeguard on the beach was by far the most disappointing. One day, the waves were rough and all that was out was a yellow flag. There were no ropes indicating rocks. My mom and I were caught in a rip tide and nearly drowned. When we finally got close to the beach we were being thrown against rocks not far from shore. Sad thing was that another guest came to help us and the lifeguard did nothing. He just came up to us and yelled at us and told us not to swim there. He never even got in the water. Laziness! Also, the staff at the shack closest to the beach were very rude and seemed to hate their life. The staff at the shack by the pool was very nice. Also, while they strictly prohibited topless sunbathing, I saw a woman doing that on the beach and not a single staff member said anything to her and there were young children playing in the sand nearby.
Communication: On my mom's birthday we wanted to eat the french restaurant, it was closed two days in a row and was not noted on the daily flyer.
Spraying for bugs: The japanese restaurant had been fumigated earlier in the day and was still open for dinner. While we were eating it was very hot in there and all we could smell was the bug fumes, mixed with cooking food was not appetizing.
Concierge: While our Concierge was very nice, I get very annoyed at the fact that every time my family and I stay at a property through RCI, they always try to sell us something. We just want to escape and have a vacation, not buy another time share. She couldn't take the hint that my family was NOT interested in buying yet another timeshare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in a lush tropical paradise, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa features one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the pristine beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Sunscape Beach Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Sunscape Beach
- Dreams Resort Punta Cana
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Dominican Republic