“Excellent service and food”

Passion by Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Palma Real
Reserve with OpenTable
Passion by Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Palma Real is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 360 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: USD 40 - USD 200
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant by Martin Berasategui, World-renowned Chef, winner of 8 Michelin stars and 17 AAA Diamonds.
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We went there based on the reviews...and they were not wrong! This place was amazing! It was just my husband and I but we had two waiters (wearing white gloves) taking care of us. The manager visited a few times and the Executive Chef came out at the end to greet us. Everyone was extremely polite. They all spoke english which was helpful.
We read a lot of reviews complaining about the cost for the tasting menu so we just ordered a la carte and it was great. They bring you a complimentary appetizer that is not on the menu and a complimentary dessert also off the menu. Even thought portions are what we Americans would consider small there are so many courses we left absolutely stuffed. Definitely go here!

1  Thank Justice T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I was expecting something spectacular from the reviews I saw ... as to my surprise it wasn't all that we ordered wine Louis Martini cabinet that we knew it is Sold in the states for under $20.00 and paid $94.00 for it and we would've been okay with that but I was feeling a little hungry and didn't want to drink on a empty stomach so I asked for some bread , never came and then I had to ask again... when the waiter comes to take out order I gave the App order and said " can you put the order for App first and then I can give you the Dinner " the waiter said " No you need to order All " the Food was good but definitely over priced , would I go Back ?? NO

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Try the sugestión of the chef, the menu is wide and amazing, good enough to be an author restaurant but in this case wonderful tastes in a nice place with and excellent experience with the attention team. Its a must if your are located of Paradisus Palma Real Hotel.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Our family was staying at the Paradisus so thought we would give the restaurant a try after hearing some good reviews from friends. The tasting menu was seven courses and together with the wine flight came to a very reasonable 95USD each. Seeing the price we did not expect anything fantastic, however, we were in for a shock. The food was wonderfully presented and with some delicious combinations, the waiter was very attentive (but not overly so) and was happy to deal with some requested changes to the menu. To start with the dishes came out fairly quickly so we asked the waiter to slow things down a bit, no drama, he just did so and asked us to give him a nod when we were ready for the next course. The wine pairings were spot-on and generous.
At the end of the meal we asked how often they changed the menu as we would likely return in a couple of days, without any prompting they offered to provide a different tasting menu which turned out to be even better than the first.
For our final visit we decided to try the a-la-carte menu which again was superb.
From an 11 night stay in an all-inclusive resort we ended up eating at Passion for 3, this is not a reflection on the food at the resort, which was very good, but a reflection on how much we enjoyed Passion!

2  Thank Jonny2609
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I was with my husband and the experience was amazing. Really extraordinary food and very good attention especially by the Team members like José and Gustavo.