Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
11,347 results
All reviews tropical suites aqua park a la carte restaurants animation team tex mex pool bar saona island buffet restaurant dominican republic kids club fantastic holiday steak spaghetti second week palm trees evening shows main buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2021

My family and a few friends spend a few days at the resort. We love it. The staff is super friendly. Special Thanks to Ruth our Bartender she was super friendly and helpful and made sure the drinks kept coming..LOL! Catalina she was one of the Concierge she help us with getting our large group reservation to the al a carte resturants and even helped with getting transportation for my son who's flight got delayed and ended up getting in later than expected. Overall all the staff is super friendly and helpful from the check in desk staff to the housekeepers and everyone in between. The rooms are okay nothing fancy but they are cleaning. Housekeeping comes around daily. The grounds are very well maintained. The only downside is the buffets they are not good at all. The fruit is normally fresh and sweet but anything else is a No. If you are traveling with kids they have a water park with a few slides that my kids loved. I would definetly recommend this resort the customer services is exceptional.

Date of stay: May 2021
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, Owner at Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2021

Dear Shalonda F,

We appreciate the time invested to share us your comments about the resort Grand Sirenis Punta Cana & Aquagames.

Comments like yours inspire us even more in our commitment to provide the best experiences to all our guests. It would be a pleasure to transmit your congratulations to Ruth, Catalina. Thank you very much also for your positive remarks regarding the grounds.

We will keep motivate to strive towards excellence and provide you an even better experience next time you visit us.

Cordially,

Reviewed 12 May 2021

Our stay here was fabulous! The employees are experts at their jobs and treat guests like VIPs. The resort wasn’t completely open because so many countries were still closed down but it was still a wonderful and relaxing experience. The food is always great here. The rooms are very comfortable and housekeeping does a very thorough cleaning every day. We were there for two weeks in May 2021 and can hardly wait to go back in October or November 2021.

Room tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are great.

Dear maryaO539SE,

The biggest reward we can receive is comments like yours that inspire us to keep working very hard to strive for excellence. Our main priority is to guarantee your maximum level of satisfaction and we feel happy that we achieved it through your visit. We appreciate your positive remarks in regards the beautiful property, good food and confortables rooms.

We cannot wait for your return and pamper you as you deserve.

Cordially,

Reviewed 10 May 2021

I read some reviews the night before departure...oh nooooo. Fast forward toour stay. It was awesome! The rooms were clean updated and the grounds were impeccable! I can't say enough the staff. Everyone we met went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. The beach was beautiful and I was amazed to see the seawoed that had washed ashore being cleaned up manually. No machines! Everyone took pride in keeping this reort clean and beautiful. Shout out to Diana in housekeeping, "Justin Bieber" entertainment, Yulisa, Randy,and Rosanna wait staff, Alberto, Marcello and Henzy at the front desk, Jimmy, our concierge and the list could go on.
My only "complaint" is, I wish there were more vegetarian options.
But other than that, Sirenis was a great choice and I would definitely recommend it for a vacation!

Room tip: All rooms looked great to me!
Date of stay: April 2021
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, Owner at Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Dear ritalS46UX,

We appreciate the time invested in leaving us your review about your stay at the Grand Sirenis Punta Cana & Aquagames resort.

As a company dedicated to the satisfaction of our visitors, we are proud to know that more than meeting their expectations, they could feel the commitment and dedication of our collaborators to make their stay a memorable vacation. We will congratulate Diana, Justin Bieber, Yulisa, Randy, Rosanna, Alberto, Marcello, Henzy and Jimmy.

Also, we appreciate your positive comments regarding the beautiful facilities, the beach and the services in general.

We will continue working very hard so that our actions bring us closer to excellence every day.

Cordially
Erika zenic

Reviewed 9 May 2021

Excellent hotel with good infrastructure and staff. The concierge Johan in the lobby helped me a lot in the hotel, very attentive and with our quick conversations he passed important information that we didn’t receive on the website or hotel check in.

Points to improve in the hotel:

- Bad VIP POOL SIGNALING because the sign is hidden from those who leave the beach. I suggest placing a sign right on the boundary bridge in the pools. 3 employees said they could enter the VIP pool and 3 said they could not. it's confuse.

- Schedule of activities are not synchronized, example bicycle tour is 10:00 or 16:00 but at the gym there is no 16:00. this is confusing.

-The Brazilian restaurant is the only one that needs improvements and changes, the waiters serve and pass at your table a few times, especially if the restaurant is full. I suggest that you increase the capacity to serve more meats and have the option of main food on the table in addition to the meat as in other restaurants.

Date of stay: May 2021
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, Owner at Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Dear VictorFFernandes,

It is a pleasure to receive your review about our resort Grand Sirenis Punta Cana & Aquagames.

Your comments are greatly appreciated as it gives us the inspiration to keep working very hard. Thank you for recognizing all the positive aspects you definitely enjoyed and thank you for sharing your comments about the great time you had because of the fun nice infrastructure and staff. We will be addressing your congratulations to Johan.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in future holidays.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Overall I would give this resort a 6 out of 10. In the last 20 or so years I have been blessed to have visited 11 islands/tropical destinations. With nearly 20 resort stays. While I hadn’t been to the Dominican since 2016, my expectations were low as a result of the pandemic. Allow me to mention we are middle-class Americans traveling with 4 adults and 3 children. My brother and his family of 4 had never visited the Dominican.
Upon arrival we were greeted, (no drinks or cool cloths). Brought to the lobby which was fairly full. (No social distancing) I decided to bring the children over to a seating area away from the large crowd that had gathered. I initially was questioned by staff as to were I was going. A bit of an uneasy feeling, not very welcoming. We have been traveling since 3 AM and it was approximately two in the afternoon. As you can imagine the children were hungry as well as the adults. We were given our wristbands (I’m not a fan of) and room keys and sent on our way. We booked the family suites to provide us with a little more room, which came with a concierge “Rorlando”. He was very pleasant and made all our dinner reservations, other than that I am not sure what additional services the concierge was to provide. Upon arrival to our room, it appeared well used and lacked the cleanliness I expected while traveling during a pandemic. I came prepared with sanitizing wipes and began wiping all light switches, which we’re filthy. I then noticed additional areas in need of cleaning, at which point I reached out to the concierge desk. Rorlando Came to our room and offered to have a housekeeper come to our room. At which point I instructed him that I would not be staying in this room as I did not feel it was properly cleaned and sanitized. I was then instructed that I would need to walk all the way back to the front lobby and request a different room. I was moved directly above my original room. No additional staff was provided or offered to assist with moving our luggage to the second story. Both male and female housekeepers worked very hard to get our room set up properly. After seeing our room my brother brought us to his room, which was in need of some additional attention. In their family suite the bedroom had a king size bed and a queen size bed, Allowing for a few near inches in between both beds. It was quite awkward. The sofa bed which was to be set up for the children, was approximately 4 inches from the floor until requested that this be remedied in which they added a full sized mattress on top of the sofa bed. As I previously mentioned we were hungry and ordered room service which didn’t arrive for over an hour. To be fair room service stated it would be between 30 and 60 minutes. We were starving and the food was good, very basic, burgers, fries and salads. Use caution when ordering room service as the menu indicates there are additional fees for dinner and breakfast room service. Overall the resort was fairly clean, lack of beverage services at the beach and pool. Only one bar open which was fairly busy. We were told that there were 150 rooms booked out of the 800 rooms available. We ventured the very very long walk to the waterpark, again finding that the staff at the waterpark were not welcoming or accommodating. to ride the waterslides you cannot have on sunglasses, males were asked to remove their shirts, even though they were swim wear sun protection. There is minimal shade from the sun. Make sure you have your hats and sunscreen. The water park was empty with maybe 50 occupants by mid day. Lunch is not served until 1pm. Which is extremely late for those of us with children. No snack options are available at the waterpark Unless you choose to purchase directly from the pool gift shops. And drink choices are extremely limited. Although the food at the waterpark was hot and fresh. Make note that there are no sit down service restaurants for breakfast or lunch throughout the resort UNLESS you buy into their club (time share). Buffet style only, you must wear a mask and gloves.
Ultimately we only spent a half day at the waterpark and chose to return to the resort pool. Frequented the coffee shop “Willy” makes an amazing cup of café mocha hot and iced! He is very welcoming and eager to please you! I recommend you avoid the local vendor sale that occurs on Saturdays. Understanding that this country, like all others is experiencing financially difficult times there is high pressure to purchase items at this vendor sale.
The entertainment staff at the beach and pool(Juan Carlos aka Justin Bieber, Break Dancer, Black Panther and others) Offer various games and acts throughout the day for both adults and kids. The kids club is extremely far from the main pools/beach. Therefore we chose not to leave our children there. It’s indoors only from 10 to 1 there is no outdoor play area or water area. It’s movies games puzzles coloring and occasionally cooking. Our daughters chose to attend the MasterChef competition one day at the kids club. We drop them off at 12 and pick them up for one. And spent some time across the street at the coffee shop with really enjoying our café mocha‘s. The spa- I do not recommend the water circuit, you are unable to use the sauna or steam rooms, the hot tub was cold in the cold plunge pools were freezing. The spot is in need of some TLC. The massages were amazing. Although on the pricey side. My masseuse Yasidiya(i’m not sure if I spelled that right) has amazing hands and perfect pressure. I would highly recommend her. Let’s talk about the restaurants, Not all restaurants are open. There are only three per evening that are available. Several restaurants are permanently closed as a result of the pandemic. Is what we were told. The Japanese and Italian restaurants need air-conditioning! The Japanese restaurant is in need of TLC and some serious cleaning. Although the Tappanyaki meal was decent on our first visit to this restaurant appetizers and desserts were not offered. Our second time we were shown where to get appetizers from and once we requested dessert it was provided. I wish I could remember the name of the chef, Stuart or something similar was very good to us. Thank you to Pablo and the other waitstaff for their assistance. The Italian restaurant food was excellent and very accommodating. We chose to eat family style, ordering nearly one of everything, and placing it in the middle of the table for all of us to share! Went back to this restaurant and would highly recommend it to all. The Brazilian steakhouse, is exactly that! Lots of meat not for those who are vegetarian traveling with nonvegetarians! Food was delicious! Mediterranean restaurant was surprisingly delicious and offered great food choices. Lots of seafood here well done we were lucky to have the same staff that we had at the Italian restaurant the night before. Very pleased although the children were not. The French restaurant and route 66 American style eatery were both closed the entire week. Text Max was decent with traditional American Mexican food. Taquitos nacho chips and queso. Similar to what you would get it a sporting event, the shrimp tacos and ribs were very tasty. Not much for the kids other than fajitas. The beach is pretty although grounds crew spends the majority of their day cleaning up seaweed. To be honest I think the hardest working individuals at this resort are the grounds crew. Loved meeting Alberto who was continually checking in on us and asking Satisfactory questions. This resort needs to have transportation for all, not just club members. There is a lot of walking! Nothing is close. This is the first resort where there has been no golf cart or jitney services! It is needed! Depending upon where you are at the resort the waterpark is about a mile from the rooms. It’s a long walk for a little kids and older adults. In closing, on our final day a large amount of Dominican residence arrived for a weekend stay at this resort. There was a lack of security and pool staff and the pools became chaotic. Locals using the life rings as flotation devices for pleasure. Lots of inappropriate language for a family resort as well as an appropriate attire. Was very disappointed and the lack of staff for bar service and maintaining orderly conduct at the pool‘s.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear JWx4Travelers,

First of all, thank you for leaving us your review of your recent experience at Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort & Aquagames.
We are very disappointed that we have not achieved your maximum satisfaction. Let us apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay, as this is not the kind of service we are accustomed to provide. We really appreciate your detailed feedback, which helps us to identify specifically the areas of opportunity in order to improve them.

Once again, we express our sincere apologies and hope that despite these inconveniences you can give us the opportunity to demonstrate to you the experience that only Grand Sirenis can guarantee.

Best regards,