Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
11,344 results
All reviews tropical suites aqua park a la carte restaurants animation team tex mex pool bar saona island buffet restaurant dominican republic kids club fantastic holiday steak spaghetti second week palm trees evening shows main buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Rough start to our trip. Bought the Distinction Collection sold as the Mirage Suites on the Tropical side of the resort. We expected upgrades as we have received at other resorts in the past. No welcome cocktail and appetizer, private check in, or anyone to take our bags to our rooms. First room had a hole in the wall where the safe used to be, the fridge didn't work, no welcome package as part of Distinction Collection, no beer or water in the fridge. They moved us to a better room and location the next day. We never did receive a complete welcome package, but the staff were friendly, and the grounds were beautiful. Another problem being the pool and beach area. If you weren't there by 7:00am to put your towel on a chair for the day you didn't get a seat. Most days something would open up around 4:00 pm. Food was great in the buffets but there were gaps where there was no place to get food to eat, and the buffet didn't open until 7 pm.

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Aquagames, Assistant manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames at Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Good afternoon kellarc,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really take it into consideration in order to improve our services.
Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

As a whole the holiday was good but the hotel itself needs work. We arrived at around 8pm to a very good welcome cocktails and a cold towel. We were taking to the M block of cocotal side the room seemed ok so we got some sleep the next morning was like we woke in what can only be described as the smell of sh%t it was so bad that myself and little lad were sick we complained to the manager who said they would move us they did this eventually on Christmas Day the main day of our holiday we had to wait around most of the day they moved us to the tropical side the rooms are so much better that side. The worst part of our holiday was our lad is diabetic so has to have diet or carbfree juice they ran out of Diet Coke and the bottled water is disgusting which made him unwell. In a family of seven we all had sickness and diarrhoea!

Negatives

The food is disgusting and under cooked
The aqua park slides cut your back
The cocotal side is just a no go
The entertainment isn't all that
New Year's Eve there was nothing going on
The Thomson holiday rep was hardly ever there
Positive
The grounds were brill

Will I ever go back no chance I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

Good afternoon Pack1984,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review, this always helps us to improve our services.
I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to contact me personally. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

We ignored reviews should of listened stayed in many long haul inclusive resorts this is not great Positives friendly staff, beautiful gardens, large pool area, rooms ok not lavish like pics. Noisy neighbours not hotels fault though!
Water park was ok for an hour or so but it isn't that big and again cold food.
Negatives Fridge only filled up with soft drinks had to keep asking for beers & towels for room daily. Had to go to reception numerous times to get card updated to get in room.
Food is plentiful but never warm and not cooked very well make sure you cut meat in middle before eating, Ala Carte are dire still served luke warm but more buffet style best was Jade, drinks are watered down very weak & most of the time are in plastic cups, lobby is far too small for amount of guests. Shows are all mimed but ok dancing sat in rows like school.
Back now for a week and still suffering bad stomachs my partner has been Drs 3 times now! Plus missed last week of holiday & had to pay 20$ for meds.
Would not go back or recommend either!!

2  Thank 1393July

Hello 1393July,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our pools and overview. As per your other comments, they will help us improve the quality of the services we offer.
Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

I had a great time but was surrounded by horror stories, fuming guests. (For example: snake in room, unswept rooms, hair on pillow upon check-in, guests being moved due to methane, toilets not flushing, leaking toilets, dirty sheets, keycards not working, power outage in one room for five hours.)NO problems or disappointments for me!
The Mexican restaurant was very good. Tried the Japanese (Jade) and the Italian one too; liked them. Special thanks to Veronika for facilitating my room change, and Juddy at the Japanese restaurant, and Carlos M. the concierge for allowing me to make reservations at 3 a la carte restaurants. These three individuals were most professional, efficient, courteous and pleasant. Had fun on some of the waterslides; it was slow going so I had to push myself. No shortage of palapas at the beach but they are short on sunbeds/loungers. I don't mind lying on the sand, under a palapa.I was able to exchange my wet beach towel for a dry one twice/thrice in one day. Loved the pools and swim-up bars.
Suggestion to management/owners: Spend less time and money on Christmas décor/lights and spend more on training your personnel in customer service and on materials (one woman had no bath towels in her room).

Good afternoon worldtravellerWhitby,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m glad to see you enjoyed the great services of our team.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

Resort in general is lovely - pool area and grounds. A lot of seaweed came in on the beach during the vacation and not removed. Bathrooms in suites in very bad repair - totally unacceptable. Smell from drains, black mould around bathtub. We were told the Tropical part of the resort is scheduled to shut down in 2016 for major upgrades - very badly needed. Would not return.

1  Thank Maura M

Good afternoon Maura M,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I have to say we take very seriously every comment from our customers since it helps us in improving the services we offer.
Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future and I will do my best for you to spend a great vacation.