Hotels.com
Trip.com
WIOL.com
Travelocity
4,902 results
All reviews vip section vip pool la bambola palm trees sports bar caribbean street main pool dominican republic specialty restaurants ocean view vip room open concept main buffet entertainment area italian restaurant other resorts entertainment staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2016

The hotel was very clean, our room was on VIP area with it's own pool, reception staff are very helpful and the food was amazing . All inclusive includes branded alcohol; cocktails ; food at all the restaurants ; coffee; milkshakes ; pastries . we also had 4 bottles of alcohol in our room ( vodka; whiskey; rum; gin ) . the fridge bar was also refilled every day. There is a Sport bar opened for 24 hrs which has fresh fruits; pastries, sandwiches ; nachos and hot dogs in case you were hungry over night. The Room Service is also free.The Bambosa pool bar had an annoyed staff that played the same song for 3 days in the row . We tried to explain that it's nice to hear something else but he didn't want to listen. we advice everyone to use the safe for any expensive items . We heard people in the hotel that were complaining because some items gone missing .the cigarettes at the hotel were very expensive $11/pack( 20 cigarettes ) You can get cheap ones in the airport $ 28 for 10 packs .if you want to buy alcohol (mama juana) is cheaper in the airport rather then buying it from resort or souvenirs shops. the excursions are expensive compared to other countries that we've visited . on each trip there is a photographer which tries to sell your pictures on a ridiculous price ....$85/CD .Try to buy from home after sun lotions; sun protection or shampoo because are expensive as well. we have done lots of excursions: horse ride 45$/pp ; buggie 55$/pp; we have visited the cocoa/coffee plantation and small villages with the tourist guide Leandro and Jummy who have explained us about the education and how poor is the country .there were mosquito especially at night but we have used lots of spray and wrist band .every driver asks for tips although you paid for the excursion.
on the way back get ready for the worst....20$ /pp fee for leaving the country . They charge 27$/kg if your luggage is above the limit . W e have paid extra for 2 kgs.we came with Thomson and the allowance is 23 kg although when we left UK it says on the ticket 23kg nut on the way back the staff on the airport told us to pay the difference because their limit is only 20kgs.no wi-fi in the rooms only in the lobby.

3  Thank anashuvytzel
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

The resort accommodations were great, but the hospitality was not good! Rude at times and the food was not good. Still enjoyed my visit to the resort. The country left much to be desired. Would not Vacation there again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2016

From the food to the Friendly people this trip was absolutely amazing. The dining was over the top for every meal from the Buffet main eatery to the reservation only restaurants within the facility. The alcohol never stopped and they gladly handed over bottles of Bubbly to take back to your room! Being in a Villas with a VIP band gained us access to a pool and that is about it. I have recommended this place to family and friends already since our return! Due to the experience we are currently planning a trip to Playa Del Carmen with only RIU in mind!

Room tip: Buildings 41 and 42 are near the Nightly Entertainment! Although Close to all food and bars Loud at Night!
1  Thank JustChillinUno
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We traveled to this resort for my brother's wedding. There were about 35 of us ranging in ages from 4 months to 75ish. Overall, the experience and trip was good. It's somewhat easy to get upgrades as a handful of people in our group did.

Traveling with kids:
*The staff was wonderful with our 4month old daughter and my 3 & 4 year old niece and nephew. Always engaging with them and trying to make them laugh.
*Make sure you do NOT get a room with near or above the stages where the evening shows are. Our room was right above it!! It was SO incredibly loud. Our daughter is extremely inflexible in her bedtime routine and we were in by 730-8 every night, except the wedding night. She slept great with the aid of her white noise machine. My husband and I were miserable. Had we known when we arrived and unpacked all her baby crap, we would've asked for a different room.
*We brought our own pack n play, but they do have cribs you can use there. Not sure if there's a cost associated with it.
*The refrigerator SUCKS! And it's apparently a know problem and "nothing can be done, but they'll try." If you are a nursing mama and trying to build a small stash, you're going to have to be creative. I put the breast milk bags inside the ice bucket, filled it up with ice and put it in the fridge. We did this twice a day to keep the milk refrigerated. We were told twice that someone would come up to look at our fridge. Somebody came once at like 10:30 at night…um no! We have no idea if someone came a second time. There was no communication or note left saying they were there and what if/any the resolution was. Something like this would be nice given the language barrier.

The Rooms
*I'm sure it's extremely difficult to keep up with maintenance of the resort with the humidity, heat, etc. Our room showed signs of wear, but nothing terrible. The AC worked great; thank goodness! Even with that though, we still woke up every morning feeling gross, like we had just been camping due to the humidity. You definitely have to wash everything you take, even if you don't wear it.
*I'm pretty sure there's 60 seconds in a minute in Punta Cana too, but the clock in our room was always fast. Even when we kept changing it back to the right time. This was a problem in a few of the other rooms our family was staying in as well. And there are NO clocks anywhere, so be prepared to use your phone or wear a watch.

The Property
*The resort is well maintained and clean. Management is very visible and appeared to be extremely approachable as I saw several guests interact with them throughout our stay. Additionally, I saw management taking the initiative to clean off tables, pick up trash, etc. instead of telling someone else to do it.
*Our room smelled like sewage when we took showers for 2 days. One of the days, the automatic sprinklers were going and the entire resort smelled like sewage. I'm not sure if that water isn't filtered like the water we brushed our teeth with, but it stunk!
*The wi-fi wasn't terrible. Yes, it worked best in the lobby, but early in the morning and the afternoon, I could get it to work in our room, the beach, lunch etc. It worked great in the VIP area when we walked over to my mom and step-dad's villa. In the evening and by the pool, I couldn't get it to work at all.
*If you're not traveling with kids and can afford the VIP area, go for it! The pools are far less crowded and not kid infested.
*Go to the beach! It's about 10 degrees cooler on the beach with an awesome ocean breeze. It's straight HOT when laying out by the pool or even being in the pool. In addition, the kid pool is the best kept secret, except there is ZERO breeze. My niece and nephew LOVED the kid pool. They played there almost everyday for a few hours in the morning.

The Food
I'm an extremely picky eater, so it's probably not fair that I review it. I will say, I was always able to find something to eat. My husband ventured out and ate some mystery meat a few times. I stuck to salads, mozzarella sticks, pancakes, fruit, bacon, etc. The steak house was good!

Just another note, one person in our party was fluent in Spanish, so he was able to communicate with the staff better than the rest of us. He was able to find out some very interesting and sad information about their way of life. For example, a good paying job down there, pays 30 US dollars every two weeks. $60 a month. This is what the security guard who walks the beach tells us he makes a month. We never felt like the staff hustled us for trips, but we were more than happy to leave a few dollars here and there for their services.

Room tip: If you are traveling with kids, be sure to have a room away from the stages of the evening shows.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank clvolkmar
Reviewed 29 June 2016

We went and had the best holiday of our lives.The hotel is a large impressive complex with beautiful kept gardens.Our room was in the VIP section which had it's own private pool,swim up poolbar and easy access to the beach.
The food in the Monte cristo buffet restaurant was of very high quality and well presented.The staff were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.The hotel was all inclusive which had 5 other restaurants on site,from Japanese (Geisha),Taino (steak/grill restaurant),La Bambola (Italian) and a fusion restaurant.
There was daily activities and entertainment every night.A must visit.

Room tip: VIP gives you pool and sea view.
2  Thank peter l