My wife and I stayed here for 7 nights and we had a great time!
First off the staff greeted you at the entrance with a glass of champagne. (You can take the whole bottle if you like) We reserved a standard ocean front excellence club room and for $20 tip we were quickly upgraded to swim up walk out ocean front room for no extra cost. Ask for a newly remodled room. The room was nice and clean. Had a mini bar and they stocked it daily (Beer, Juice, Water, Soda, snacks). They cleaned the room daily as well. Turn down service every nite. With a sheet left for activities at the hotel for the next day. The bed is my only complaint. It was really hard. But after a long nite out, it didnt matter. Keep in mind that a 5 star hotel in the Dominican is like a 3 star in the US.
The grounds were very nice and well kept up and cleaned. There are beautiful gardens around the complex as well. The beach is nice and was raked and cleaned every morning. Keep in mind the resort is on the Atlantic side so the surf can get a little rough for swimming and was red flagged most days. Sercurity also patrolled the beach day and night. Made us feel safe.
There are plenty of restuarants to choose from. All had a dress code for the evening which consisted of casual elegance attire. (Men no shorts, women capri pants or dresses) Our favorite restuarant was Spice (Thai food) and Agave ( Mexican food). The French restuarant was good as well. The nightlife was fun. The were different shows every night and disco tech was open until 2 AM. Our favorite show was the Michael Jackson tribute!
The staff was eager to please and very helpful. They would bend over backwards to please you. With that in mind. I know it is all inclusive. But you would be suprised how far a measley $1 tip will carry you. They do remember you! I believe in tipping for good service.
I always take reviews with a grain of salt. You can please some of the people some of the time. But you cant please all the people all of the time. This resort will do everything in their power to please you and make your stay a pleasant one.
My wife and will definetly come back here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Savannahville Tours N.V., TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence