USD 198
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 258
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 433
USD 332
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 365
USD 310
Melia.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 343/night.

USD 544
USD 355
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 370
USD 341
Melia.com
USD 351
USD 302
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 475
USD 421
Priceline
USD 762
Hotels.com
8,187 results
All reviewsfamily conciergekids zonehydro grillgabi clubmain resortdinner reservationscarlos penagabi beachangela mercedesprivate gardenbedroom master suitereal resortblue agavegolf cartyhi spapersonal conciergefamily vacation
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The facility is gorgeous and the master bedroom suite was amazing. We enjoyed the hot tub on the balcony and the fine appointments in the suite. The only down side is the distance from the beach. There's shuttle service, but waiting to go back to your suite after a night at the Palma Real was sometimes too long. We've stayed at the Palma Real twice and Royal Service was good and we were right on the beach. If you don't mind taking a shuttle, the Reserve is definitely the place. I'd go back!

Reviewed 12 June 2010

Living in New York my entire life and eating in some of the best restaurants the world has to offer, I expected the food not to be as good as it is here obviously. However, un-edible food is a whole different story. Long story short my girlfirend ate bagels from room service every night for dinner after we returned from our "bizarre foods experience". Breakfast is awesome, lunch is descent, and dinner is horrible. Passion is the worst restaurant I ever ate in. I ordered scallops, and they served me something that looked like 2 minature hamburger sliders. Chilean sea bass was "Black". Pools are awesome beach is gorgeous. This is the nicest resort I have probably ever seen. They do treat you with outstanding service as well; except the concierge named johan lol. oh and there is absolutley no nightlife at all. I kid you not, people eat dinner at 7pm and are in bed sleeping by 8pm. No clubs no people looking to have a good time. We were bored out of our minds after day 2.

3  Thank joeybagels
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Note: The hotel is extra $$ for the privacy. You need a shuttle to take you to the beach. The room and facility are amazing. I have visited DR multiple times and I would rank the hotel in the top three. I would probably only go back if i got a great deal. The facilities are 5 star but the service was not. The waiter didnt bring some of our orders, we waited for over an hour twice for them to bring out our food. When it came out the food was cold. Pool was nice, the drinks are not watered down and are top notch. Because it was the "off season" mutliple restaurants were closed. The majority of their restaurants are out in the open and lack AC. If you are looking for nightlife dont stay here. Golf was included at the course across the street. Nothing to brag home about. Their are nicer courses not far away.

Reviewed 2 June 2010

I can't say how much of a value it was, because we went as part of a sales acheivement award, but it was one of the most beautifully landscaped resorts. "The Reserve" is the upscale portion of the larger resort. Insence wafts through the foyer of each group of suites while chill jazz tunes permeate the air which we found extremely pleasing. The suites were very spacious. The food was good for "all inclusive" fare. Cocktails were on the weak side. There were a variety of seating options at poolside from palapas to in pool lounge chairs. The atmosphere at this pool was definitly relaxing, there was no "Is everybody ready for some BINGO??!!" Get to to the pool early for a palapa (very comfy). The walk to the beach was a bit far but was a pleasure due to the lush landscaping. The kids club at the reserve was nice but the staff seemed a little bored but treated the kids well. The kids pool at the reserve was definitely geared toward toddlers while there were plenty of pool choices throughout the rest of the resort. The restaurants were pretty good.
Beach was nice but a bit crowded, once again palapas are awesome. Many europeans go to this resort so there were a fair amount of lovely naked breasts, so if that bothers you, you might want to stay by the pool.
It was windy and the ocean was a bit rough so I did not take advantage ot the free scuba included in our package. I did go sport fishing, $85/half day, with one of the hawkers that stroll the beach. I was the only one to catch anything (mahi mahi). I left it at the boat because I didn't know where to take it to be cooked and didn't feel like carrying it around. Find out beforehand if one of the restaurants will cook it up if you go and catch something.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My husband and I travelled to the Reserve for our honeymoon from May 25th through May 30th. I had read the reviews extensively and was prepared for the worst. Overall, the facilities are unbelievably beautiful. The operation of the resort, however, is somewhat strange and frustrating at times.

FRONT DESK SERVICE: When we first booked the trip back in January, I contacted the resort via e-mail to inquire about the honeymoon package. Once they found out that I was only interested in the free package, I never heard back. When we arrived at the resort, we were shown around by our concierge Dalliance, who I can only describe as an unsettling person. Another couple we met had him as a concierge and agreed that something about him made them rather uneasy. He pressured us about the time share presentation. We deferred to the next day. He made us reservations for the first four nights and once we decided that spending a couple of hours on our honeymoon listening to a sales pitch wasn't our thing, we never heard from him again. He kept saying "do the timeshare for me." Why? We tipped him well and paid for our vacation. In return, he spent about 10 minutes making us dinner reservations. Anyway, that part annoyed me.

ROOM: We had booked a One Bedroom Suite and I had e-mailed several times requesting a king bed. Our room however, had two full size beds. The website says king or two queen size, but these were full size beds. We had to go back to reception several times over the next day and a half but they did eventually move us. Our room was upgraded to a Master Swim Up Suite, which is worth the money if you can afford it. We didn't expect but fully enjoyed the upgrade. However, in my mind, at a five star hotel, we should not have been told on four occasions to come back that afternoon/next morning, etc. I understand if they cannot respond immediately, but couldn't they call us or something. That was a theme of service throughout our stay - eventually you would get what you needed but it was really up to you to demand it (nicely, of course).

FOOD: The food I thought was quite good. We have spent past vacations on Royal Caribbean cruises and the food was as good or better at dinner, depending on where you went. The breakfast and lunch selections were not great, but were certainly enjoyable. AS someone with a sweet tooth, though, I found the desserts across the board to be very disappointing. Service was generally good, but at times extremely slow.

ACTIVITIES: The only reason that we would hesitate to return, other than the odd service thing, is that we got a bit bored. I think that they had activities, but they didn't provide a lot of information about them. In fact, the resort doesn't really provide you with any information on the activities or facilities, other than a rudimentary map. If you like sitting on the beach or by the pool all day, then by all means, this is your resort. If you are looking for a more active or engaged vacation, this resort probably isn't it. We did, however, really, really enjoy the watersports. A wonderful surprise is that the introductory scuba class is included in your hotel stay, as is snorkeling. The watersports staff were very nice and accommodating. My husband was able to go on the introductory scuba dive twice and he really enjoyed it.

ENTERTAINMENT/CASINO: This was a pretty big disappointment. There was some dancing in the plaza that was really nice, but when the bands played, the marble architecture made it really loud. We also went to the Michael Jackson show, as many people here thought it was fun and I thought it was embarassingly bad. The casino was very small, which is fine. However, we came across more than one dealer who had difficulty counting and multiplying, which is a major problem when you are playing roulette. If you play, make sure to count things yourself and not rely on the dealer.

LANGUAGE BARRIER: I am a strong believer that when you travel to a country in which the native language is not English, you have no right to get upset if people don't speak English. My husband and I each speak a very little bit of Spanish. I lived in Spain for a short time and was able to muddle through. I have no objection to people living in a Spanish speaking country and not speaking English, but sometimes the staff's attitude towards us when we were trying to speak the language was not as friendly as I would hope. There were several staff members who went out of their way to help, though, and that was much appreciated.

I have not extensively stayed in 5 star hotels. However, I have stayed in many 4 star hotels and even 3 star hotels where the service far and above exceeded the service here. There were some staff members who went out of their way and were wonderful. We may return at some point, but we will probably try another resort, such as Moon Palace.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple