“The Reserve @ Paradisus Palma Real is awesome”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Just returned from a week at the Reserve, incredible resort, the staff is so friendly and makes you feel so welcome every day. They always have a smile on their face and provide excellent service. Gregorio, who works at the pool grill was the best.

The food was great, however because it was the low season not all restaurants were open every night so be sure to call and make you reservations once you arrive for dinner as most places require it and you need to find out what is open.

The grounds were amazing, every piece of landscape is perfectly kept and incredibly clean. The rooms were great, I highly recommend getting a swim up room, literally the entrance to the pool is 20 feet out your back door if you get this room, and it's also a private type of entrance. If you prefer the beach that is a 2 minute golf cart ride over to the other hotel, which you can use all of the amenities at as well.

The drinks are great and plenty of places to be found. The beach has plenty of chairs and drink service. I have been to quite a few all inclusives in the Caribbean and this one was the best. I am looking forward to returning in the future. Hope this helps everyone reading it. Great place to see, beautiful resort and incredibly friendly staff with good food.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the swim up room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jkv018
There are newer reviews for The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I am no stranger to resorts in the DR. We have had great times and not so great times but believe me when I tell you the Reserve at the Palma Real was an experience that I will not forget. The resort itself was beautiful and the rooms exquisite. When I needed something I just called the front desk and to my surprise within 30 minutes I had what I requested. The room was well stocked with water, pop,juice and of course presidente. They also provided snacks like chips and Doritos in the room. They have 9 restaurants of various cuisine and at least 2 buffets so if you're only staying 7 days you won't get to try all of them, choose wisely. Our only complaint was the Bana restaurant which served Chinese, not what we're used to so not our favorite, otherwise the food was delicious and even the plating is professional and elegant.
As for service, I have to say the second day we were there we did have an issue but we made our dissatisfaction known to Jordy (who is always around to talk to) immediately and the result was amazing. Not only was the problem solved in a very efficient and professional way but the service from that time forward was such that we forgot all about the initial problem. By the end of our trip we had made many friends with the staff and managers alike. When you go, look for people like Samira, Sophia, Mayra and Marina in the family consiege and Nadia at the costumer service desk. Diana Mejia, Andres Costillo and Hosse Silvian in the Gabbi Club buffett. Louis and Beatriz in the Mizu and Aqua Restaurant. Mario at the Gabbi Beach restaurant and Naos buffet and if you feel inclined to keep up a workout routine, Wandy at the gym can be your personal trainer. These are the people that made our trip worth while and the memories of our 35th wedding anniversary one that will be the measuring rod for the ones to come.

Room Tip: Main floor suites seemed to have 2 options. A private back yard with jacuzzi 2 lounge chairs and a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The resort was top shelf and the sevice was excellent...but the guy that made it happen for me was Ovidio Pavilis. I arrived at the Reserve at Pradisus in a poor frame of mind. The flight was long and the transfer was tough. WIth Kids...it makes it even harder. Ovidio fixed everything and made the trip spectacular. I litterally had to worry about nothing. Ovidio booked all the restaurants and activities for me and I just sat around sun tanning and relaxing. The Kids Club was great and the care for my daughter was top shelf. I highly recomend the Reserve side as it had a Spa like feel with great staff and of course if you go...Id ask for Ovidio. He even fixed my camera.

Room Tip: If you choose to go - book with the Family Concierge Service. Its well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This place is amazing and we feel we have the resort to ourselves!
Great food but service is hit and miss.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank tedrox2
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I just came back for a short 4 days vacations at Punta Cana. After having many reservations I finally decided go to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

I live in hotels most part of the Year and I have to recognize that I am very demanding in hotels. Besides, the water in DR is purified and no drinkable, so the food was a big issue at the time of my decision.

I have to tell, the hotel is perfect, exactly what the sol Melia page sells.

Arrived very late on Nov 2nd and Fernando took care of me. He is great, professional and polite. It was a great detail giving me the welcome at the main entrance of the hotel in a sign with all the check in guests they have this day. He assigned the suite (with private Garden) perfect choice, very private and full of amenities: Bali bed under a "rancho"' ans two sun beds surrounded by flowers and trees. My room was 5108.

The terrace has a sofa set and an a Jacuzzi. They also have a Jacuzzi menu, you can choose, romance, relaxing, etc. the concierge will be happy to prepare it.
The suite is very comfortable and the mini bar which is also included, was restocked everyday.

One of my concierges was Nadia. She is absolutely prefect always helpful and with smile on her face. And the bold guy, I think he vas a head of concierges, he is fun a fabulous too.

Food was gorgeous, well served and fresh. I only had breakfast at the Reserve, which was good, well assorted but boring on the forth morning (they should have to change more) The first night I had a reservation at Market but I was having a light lunch at the poolside in the private beach, and Victor, nice server, told me that they have lobster night at Naos Buffet. I don't really eat at the buffets but I tried and cancel my original reservation.

The buffet was good, well assorted but I imagined mor lobster dishes. They had them in a half in a big cazuela. It was good a fresh.

Next night I had dinner at Gabi Beach, definetely the best restaurant at the hotel. Excellent service and food. Deserts are not good at any restaurant, they should improve them.

Last night I eat at vento and the food was good too.

The selection of the liquors are premium but the house wines are not so good. For the level of the resort they should improve them.

They also have an Illy coffee in the colonial Patio at the main resort.

The private beach is excellent, private, with "ranchos" and sun beds, some Bali beds arround, a private bar and a private pool. I love it because I hate crowds and a multitude of families arround.
Santos took excellent care of me while I was at the beach and at the pool.

The shows was Ok, they have the Michael Jackson one as many hotels there. The entertainment people was nice and they tried to make everyone happy.

The night club was ok, just to finalize the day but the real fun and party people at the resort ended there.

The bell boys who drives the golf carts too between the reserve and the Resort are very nice and helpful.

Go plenty of dollar bills and start giving as discretion and according to the service. You will not be disappointed when next day they bring you the wine or the drink you had the day before or the Illy Coffee girl begin preparing the coffee you had.

The only guys that I don't tipped was the waiters at the breakfast buffet. I was experimenting if the service was for the money or for the hotel in one side, and on the other side, they don't deserve: you have to ask for water, coffee etc Many times. I am still asking myself if y tipped these guys they will serve me better.

In general, service, ambience, beach, environment and the hotels are very luxurious, they made me feel like royalty and very pampered.

I will definetely go back. Congratulations guys for such a hotel and sorry if I missed a name you all are great and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2011