11,872 results
All reviews seaside grill preferred club world cafe coco cafe entertainment team preferred pool preferred area explorers club el patio preferred room french restaurant honeymoon suite wedding coordinator lobby bar steak dominican republic the general manager
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We went to Dreams Palm Beach August 14-2017. We had a family of 5. as we have been traveling all over for over the past 15 years . Well, the weather was Beautiful, and the STAFF was AWESOME nothing else was. The beach was terrible the water was brown, tractors on the beach all day long with exhaust blowing in your face. For the kind of money you spend to go here.We advise go somewhere else. The pictures on line are not what it looks like at all there.at all. The staff even agreed with us. Also they give you an opportunity to take advantage of vacations you can purchase with another company there definitely don't do it. My son question them and all they did is get mad and couldn't explain themselves which only tells you if they cant explain the prices to you its not a legitimate deal not like the time shares you purchase on other vacations.. A tropical room even with paying the extra for vip is facing a building with 4 palm trees.. As far as the food be careful 2 out of are party of 5 ended up with SALMONELLA POISONING .and sick for over 2 weeks. The medical reports show it was from there. The hotel was notified already for this...I feel bad for saying this is the first bad review I ever had to write about a vacation. It is just sad when you go on a vacation that's not so great and then come back very sick, I wish that my family would have had a better experience than this -Nicole Wagner & Jessica Kempisty

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nicolewP1685HZ
Luz S, e-concierge at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear nicolewP1685HZ,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Thank you for your review and staying with us. We are sorry to learn that we let you down on the luxury experience during your vacation at our resort, since we are a service oriented company and our principal goal is to provide all of you with the best and it is a shame that we were not able to make you join the great number of customers that we make happy on a daily basis.

Our structure is not the newest but you can confirm with all our team that we are constantly taking maintenance procedures to keep them in well shape for all our guests. The beach situation is something that most of the Caribbean beaches were facing and we were working hard on keeping it as clean as possible. On the other hand, as we mentioned to you previously, we have checked our medical records and we found no others cases reported in the medical center nor directly to the hotel staff over that period of time when we were hosting over 1000 people. It is important to mention that we have the recognition of Cristal Americas, which is a risk management program was specifically developed for the travel and tourism industry. It covers high-level standards, which comply with international and national regulations. Also, it incorporates the best practice and recommendations, which often requires an even higher level than many national and international regulations.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns so that we can take them as an integral part of monitoring the quality of our products and services.

We sadly understand that might not visit us again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I just left Dream Palm Beach Punta Cana and wanted to inform you of the extremely poor service. To start when we first arrived and were checking in they had asked if we wanted to upgrade to preferred and we politely declined. Then the man (David) who was supposed to walk us to our room asked if we upgraded and when we said no he stopped pointed to the buildings and said you are in 9 and just walked away. That is the worst first impression I have ever experienced. Then one morning for breakfast we forgot cash for tip do the next morning when we were seated in the same area and same waiter (pablo) he wouldn't come over and ask if we needed anything coffee or juice which is what all the servers do. Completely ignored us and walked by. The day before we left we were walking to the store and a gentleman by the name of Franklin as if we were having a nice trip and we regrettably said no. He asked what happened then asked when we were leaving we said tomorrow he said aw and that was it. I am so disgusted,upset, and disappointed. I honestly had the worst trip. Also, the room was not clean. There was about 5 inches of dust on the bed drapes. A few good things I can say is they do have great entertainment staff! Gavin was awesome!! Robin hood was great as well!! Beach and pools were nice as well!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Jackie R
Luz S, e-concierge at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Jackie F,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Thank you for sharing your opinion and staying with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our pools, beach and entertainment. On the other hand, it is sad for us to learn that you were not able to live the excellent experiences that we are well known for. It was most surprising to note that your Butler experience was anything short of superb. The staff service is an aspect that we are very proud of, we constantly receive the best feedbacks highlighting their outstanding job and the same is for our housekeeping team. It is very important for us that you know that we have more than 36 managers on site, with the disposition and possibilities to make the stay of our guests much better in case they have any inconvenience, if only we had been aware of this from the first moment, I assure you that we would have managed to change your perception.

We hope you change your mind and decide to visit us again in the near future, if you do so, please contact me prior arrival for some extra pampering on my behalf.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is the best hotel I have ever been to. The rooms and food were outstanding the staff were incredibly friendly and the shops didn't disappoint. I will definitely be coming back to stay again in the future.
Hotel stay: 2013

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank J2905

Dear J2905,

Receive the warmest greetings from your great friends of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana!

Thank you for visiting our property and also for sharing your review with us. We are VERY HAPPY to see how pleased you are with the experience we were able to provide you during your stay. It is a pleasure to learn that our rooms accommodations, outstanding staff, nice shops and high quality food met your expectations.

It will be a big honor to have the opportunity of welcoming you again to host your vacation in the Caribbean.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

wow wow wow I can't say it enough. This resort was awesome. The staff was beyond outstanding. The attention to details in all that the do to cater to all their guest is awesome. I felt extremely safe with how well guarded the resort is and how they keep track of who goes in or out of the resort. The hardest working people I have ever seen. The entertainment staff was awesome too...especially johnny what a funny guy I laughed everyday. The rooms could use a bit of an update but in all our stay was awesome. The food was good but could use just a bit of a new variety to pick from. Also the choices for the snacks for those late night munchies could have more variety too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purplereina1

Dear purplereina1,

Warm greetings from your Caribbean family of Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana!

We appreciate the valuable time you took to share your opinion and TAHNK YOU for allowing us to be the stage of your vacation. It is AMAZING to learn that our team, resort services and facilities were able to make your time with us very enjoyable. YOU are our main reason to be and to see how we were capable of meeting your expectations is truly satisfying. I can assure you that we are already working on making our rooms accommodations even better and i will be sharing your comment regarding the food choices with our F&B team for evaluation.

It will be a GREAT pleasure to have you back again, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Me and my wife stayed at dreams palm beach for our honeymoon this year. We normally stay at dreams Tulum in Mexico which is absolutely amazing so this is why we chose the dreams franchise for this special trip.

We stayed in the preferred club, so at check in you get a special check in and go to the preferred club building where you are greeted with drinks of your choice and checked in and given all the information you need about the hotel etc which was great.

As I said we had a preferred room with a Jacuzzi bath which was amazing. The room was lovely.

All the food in all the restaurants were always lovely and to a high standard apart from once when we went to the French restaurant and we waited over an hour for our main, it was very busy so I’m not sure what the issue was but other than that the food was great. The Mexican and sea side grill were our favourite.

The workers around the hotel always work very hard to keep the hotel, pool and beach clean and do a great job of it as the grounds always look spotless.

The sea side grill for breakfast and lunch (preferred guests only) was always nice and you were always greeted by friendly and attentive staff at all times.

The coco café is amazing, so much choice and all the workers in there are always so cheerful, polite and friendly. Me and my wife loved going here multiple times a day to get our coffee and cake fix.

I used the gym a few times but unfortunately didn’t get the two lads names who worked in there but they were always friendly, helpful and cheerful.

Now for the few minor hic cups we had during our honeymoon stay.

Wednesday 20th September hurricane Maria was due to hit DR during the evening. All hotel guests were informed to take pillows, blankets and stuff for the night to the convention centre were we would be staying due to the hurricane fret. We were told doors would open at 3pm and close at 5pm. At midday we saw people going down with their pillows etc so myself and my wife paniced and rushed down early. We were some of the few early birds so we got a nice double bed in the main theatre room which we thought was great. We left our stuff, went for lunch and then came back to get settled. Around the hotel all the workers were working tirelessly hard to board up and clear the hotel ready so there would be as little damage as possible.

Around 5pm there was a huge que at the door for people trying to get a bed and I think they had run out of beds as there were a lot of people with 2 people to a single bed and beds all in the corridor and multiple rooms. The first few hours were absolutely fine. We had a comfy bed, movies on the screens and wifi. However after a number of hours we lost all power except emergency lights. The big theatre room we were in was completely black. Also the air conditioning was obviously not working due to this, so after a few hours it became unbearable, the heat was ridiculous and it was about 94 percent humidity so we could not stop sweating. Because of this we got next to no sleep and was unconfutable the whole time we were in there. Also when I asked one of the managers (a white guy called Carlos) he was quite rude and patronising. I know he was getting a lot of grief from a lot of people in there due to the unbearable circumstances but I only politely asked him what was going on with the a/c as it was soo hot and he replied sharply ‘ Don’t you think we are all hot’ . It was just rude in my opinion and unprofessional. We had sandwiches, water, juice and coffee etc but due to the heat you could imagine how the sandwiches were after an hour or so. Also I know it was an awkward subject but we never saw any of the senior members the whole night go into the big theatre room to check on anyone, we are 24, fit and healthy and we was struggling so we could imagine some overweight, older people or people with other problems it could have been quite difficult. It was completely black and 250 plus people in that one room, anyone could have passed out and they would have been none the wiser. We think they should have gone round and checked on people, just simply ask how they were and how they were coping or even give us some info. We were told nothing from like 8pm-8am, we were left confused at what was going on or the current situation.

After the hurricane there was some minor damage to the hotel, mainly debris, water damage, old trees etc and some windows smashed, the workers worked extremely hard to get it back up to scratch and are a true credit to the hotel. Our room had water coming through the ceiling when we had returned and the hotel moved us to a new room straight away so thank you so much to Sarah from the preferred club for that.

Another negative thing we witnessed was a problem I had in the Asian restaurant. There is a dress code, so one night I wore my jeans and shirt, we wanted to sit by the grill in the hitsmu restaurant and see the show however the lady in the restaurant who seats you replied sharply ‘ you will have to wait 20-30 mins’ I was hungry so I said to my wife we will just sit down and order from the menu. We ordered drinks and our starter. Five minutes later a couple who were behind us is seated around the table and shortly the show begin. I was a bit annoyed but thought we are here for two weeks we can come again. As we were having our meal I looked around and saw 2 or 3 men with shorts and flip flops on so I though, they must be fairly laid back in here then. So a few days later we went to the Asian place again and I have my ¾ length jeans on. The same lady as last time once again abruptly says ‘ one hour wait and you can’t wear those you will have to change’ as I look round and point out to her 4 people she had let in the restaurant eating there meal with shorts on. As I point them out she is going round tapping them on the shoulder telling them they can’t wear shorts in here lol. Anyway I go back get changed. We are then seated. I look around 5 minutes later and a gentlemen is allowed in and he has a shirt on with tight shorts just over his knees. I just felt very discriminated against. I am always polite, speak a good level of Spanish and always tip. I have no idea what the lady had against me.

Felix who is the restaurant manager and deals with all the waiters etc was very accommodating and reasonable and helped make our stay great so big thanks to him, and a huge thank you too all the preferred guest workers they were all amazing all the time and a true credit to dreams palm beach especially Arluis and the young lady who checked us in sorry I didn’t catch her name.

A big thank you too Ricardo in sea side grill and Santos in preferred, and the restaurant for making our stay special. Both super hard workers and always welcoming and make you feel at home.

Thank you to all the workers in coco café in particular lily and Midelcania for always having a smiley face and there beautiful singing. Nothing is ever too much

Thank you to Ivan in the seaside grill also. He was always pleasant and made you feel right at home every day.

Thank you to Santa in world café in the morning she was always working so hard and nothing is ever too much for your request.

Thank you to Jose and Johan by the pool bar always smiley and willing to make you a cocktail or drink.

Thanks to Gavi in entertainment for always being nice and cheerful

Also there is a little lady who works in the seaside grill and Mexican restaurant in the evenings who greets and seats you, she has braces, I didn’t catch her name unfortunately and the last few days she must have been off, it was rosairy or something like that I do apologise if I’m wrong, but she was very sweet, always polite and smiley and make you feel so welcome and always remembered me and my wifes name.

On a whole we had an enjoyable stay at dreams palm beach punta cana. With some minor hiccups, if these can be improved it will be a great hotel. The workers we mentioned and the other workers that people don’t mention are a true credit to dreams and without them the hotel would be nothing.

Room Tip: preferred club is worth the upgrade if you can afford it
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BillyDsouza
Luz S, e-concierge at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear BillyDsouza,

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our resort. It is a pleasure to learn that our staff service, accommodations, food and Preferred benefits fulfilled your expectations during your stay with us.

Besides this, we are sad to learn that you felt the way your describe in your review, because as a service oriented company we avoid this kind of behavior with our guests and it is not a complaint we are used to receive. Therefore, I will share your review with the management to be taken in consideration but i will like to highlight that during such emergency situations our main priority is to keep you save above all.

We will be more than glad to welcome you again in this piece of paradise that you can call your Caribbean home, hopefully you will give us another chance.

Warm regards,