11,738 results
All reviewsseaside grillpreferred clubworld cafecoco cafeentertainment teampreferred poolpreferred areaexplorers clubel patiopreferred roomfrench restauranthoneymoon suitewedding coordinatorlobby barsteakdominican republicthe general manager
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We stayed here for 9 nights in October 2017 and can higher recommend this hotel. Above all, we thought the staff were magnificent - always jolly, enthusiastic and helpful with a smile on their face whatever they were doing :)

This is not a ultra-deluxe "burj al arab" style hotel and therefore I some of the complaints below are unfairly harsh. Instead, it offers an affordable high quality experience. A few further points below

1. Food is excellent and big variety. Kept us more than happy for 9 days. 6 restaurants but they do vary in quality. Steaks were brill! A cafe is open between meal times. You will not go hungry here!
2. Who cares about a few strands of seaweed on the beach? It may affect the "perfect photo" but it doesn't hurt and is not the hotels fault. The hotel worked from dusk until dawn to remove as much of it as possible.
3. The rooms are fine but DO REQUIRE upgrading/modernising. Bathroom was good but similarly, requires some updating. Air con was brilliant - best ive ever experienced
4. Thank you to Eugene and his team (scuba diving team) - they taught and assisted my partner on a wonderful discovery/introductory dive (excellent tuition in pool and then excellent and safe 30+ minute dive, price very reasonable - I went snorkling at the time). I would highly recommend. Thank you also to Blas/Yulainy (BA Amsjar reps) who were professional, friendly and very helpful with all aspects of being/travelling in the DR
5. We went outside the hotel to the local shops. It was a nice trip however some of the selling was quite aggressive (worse then india, israel, morocco, dubai etc). Be very careful about not being ripped off. On the left hand side of the road as you walk away from hotel there are shops with "fixed price" and their prices are very reasonable!
6. We had a "tropical deluxe" room although were not sure what this offered over a normal room?? It seemed the same.

If I could recommend to hotel management the following:

1. while this is not a "party hotel." This does not mean that there is a fair bit of late night partying and drinking. Unfortunately, a number of guests think it is appropriate to shout and dance down the corridors at 4am. The doors are certainly not sound proof. We would like to see signs put up asking people to keep quiet and for guests to sign forms on arrival requesting no noise in the block interiors.
2. On the friday Dominican night the hotel allows external "sellers" to set up stalls inside the hotel. We found them to be aggressive persistent sellers (ie putting necklaces and rings on us and saying how much before we had even had a chance to look). They also tried to rip us off and then claim extra money for hotel "tax" purposes. I can't speak for US/other countries, but British tourists do not appreciate this and it is unfair on guests who are walking to dinner at 7pm. They should offer fixed (or fair) pricing or not be allowed on the hotel. We found they were more expensive than the onsite shops.

Overall, we would highly recommend. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yatrasor
Luz S, e-concierge at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Yatrasor,

Greetings from the best team in Punta Cana, Dreams Palm Beach!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing our resort. We are DELIGHTED to learn that you enjoyed your time with us to the fullest and most of all that we were able to meet your expectations, because YOU are our reason to be.

On the other hand, as a service oriented company we understand that there will always be room for improvement depending on guests points of view, so we will be sharing your review with the responsible managers for follow up and to continue providing the excellent service that we are known for.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future. Please feel free to adress me prior arrival for some extra pampering.

Warm regards,
econcierge.drepb@dreamsresorts.com

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I had my wedding at this resort by default due to hurricane and closing of sister resort. I had a guest list of 55 ppl. And over all we was please . The staff was very courteous, respectful, accommodating. However, I was the bride , I fell on a wet lobby floor suffered some I juries but still managed to continue and enjoy my wedding /honeymoon. During the time of check out, I had a 100.00 spa bill , I asked 1 of the managers can this bill be taking care of as a courtesy. Well in exchange for the credit I was given a disclaimer form releasing the resort of any responsibilities due to my fall . M's. Ingrid proceeded to tell me that they needed to justify the credit. I told her that she was insulting my intelligence with that response . I ended up paying for my 102.00 spa bill because they said they could not do anythi g about it unless I signed the release statement. Talk about a slap on the face .

Stayed: October 2017
4  Thank yvonne n
Luz S, e-concierge at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear yvonne n,

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana!

We consider every opinion of our guests valuable and this will always be an improvement tool to continue providing an even more excellent service every day, so thank you for taking the time to share yours.

First of all, please know that we are VERY HAPPY to learn that you and your guests were satisfy with the staff service, what we are sad to know is that there was a misunderstanding with the document to be signed. This is truly for our financial department to have a statement that can prove that the payment was going on behalf of the resort due to the inconvenience, legal procedures that are part of every company´s policy.

We are sorry that this didn´t allow you to have a 5 stars experience and understand if you decide not to visit us again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The resort was NOT as advertised. I stayed in room 9111 and the bed mattress , sheets and pillows were completely worned out, but above all the bed felt EXTREMELY dirty. The are are NO SNACKS ( burgers, hot dogs, etc ) BETWEEN breakfast, lunch and dinner times. The resort ONLY offers bad Dominican coffee and pastry as snacks. The WiFi was UNREACHABLE to my room 9111 and nobody showed up to fix it after a call was placed to the hotel concierge. the FOOD was TERRIBLE and every day was the SAME disgusting menu. There were NO tropical smoothies or abundant tropical fruits offered at their World Buffet . The overal experience was NOT PLEASANT! This resort is OLD, WORNED OUT, DIRTY, and only offers BAD/CHEAP FOOD. I will not recommend this terrrible all inclusive resort to any tourist that is used to five star accommodations.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank COSMOS8

Dear COSMOS8,

Greetings from Punta Cana!

Thank you for visiting our property and for taking the time to share your review. It is very sad for us to read that this was your experience, most of all because we receive thousands of guests and this is not the kind of experiences we are used to create. I will like to clarify that we have a well trained housekeeping team who follows strict quality standards to provide excellent results, we do have a beach grill with snacks from 12:00 p.m. until 6 p.m. as stated in our website and explained at check in, we serve fresh fruits everyday at the World Café buffet and at our a la cartes if requested. We truly respect your opinion and will be doing some evaluation with the team as every guest opinion is very valuable to us.

Once again, we are sorry to hear this. Hope you change your mind and visit us again as a second opportunity for us to make you join the great number of repeaters that visit us constantly.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This resort is in three star range. The service is wonderful throughout which makes it better, but it needs help. The beach chairs are sad, and the rooms are really worn and not the cleanest. Lots of slamming doors! And you can hear entire conversations through the vent!

Room Tip: We had garden view which has little noise from the outside but doors slam all of the time in the halls
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank berthabutt_10

Dear berthabutt_10,

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana!

Thank you for your review and staying with us. We are VERY PROUD to learn that our team provided you an excellent service that met your expectations. Apart from that, it saddens us to learn how dissapointed you were with the other mentioned aspects, meaning that we were not able to make you join the great number of customers that we make happy on the daily basis. Please be aware that we have more than 36 managers around the resort that are always open to listen to your thoughts in order to make your stay better.

We respect that we might not have the honor to welcome you again, but if you change your mind please feel free to reach me at econcierge.drepb@dreamsresorts.com for some extra pampering.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

After doing a lot of research, I picked this resort. We had a wonderful time. The food was very good in all the restaurants, as well as the buffet. The service was top notch. I never waited to be seated. Our food was never cold. We did not get sick, nor did anyone that we talked to. We never had a drink that we felt was watered down. The lobby bar was the best for drinks. Every single request we had was met. We asked for a king size, extra soda in the fridge, an extra steak at dinner. There was never an issue. Our air conditioner worked great, bed was very comfortable, room was always clean. I loved having turn down service every night. All staff worked very hard and were friendly. We even went to the vacation club meeting (we declined) and never felt they were at all pushy.
That being said, the resort property is a bit older. We did not mind it, but if you are looking for a newer, updated place, then I would choose a different resort.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica D

Dear Jessica D,

Sunny greetings from your Dreams Palm Beach family!

We appreciate the valuable time you took to share your opinion and thank you for allowing us to be the stage of your vacation. It is MORE THAN A PLEASURE for us to learn that your stay was so pleasant from the beggining until the end. We are also happy to inform that we are working on our yearly renovations to continue making our guest´s stay even better.

It will be a GREAT pleasure to have you back again, hopefully very soon.

Dreams Palm Beach