I travelled to Dreams with my husband, his brother, wife and teenage daughter. Dreams Palm Beach was overall a good resort. Definetely not a 5 star but having great weather, on a nice beach for a whole week means more to us. The rooms were good, altough very damp but its the Caribbean after all , the showers were pretty bad, water everywhere so I felt bad for our maid having to clean all the towels on the flower, they did a good job cleaning, compared to other resorts and islands i've been they really didn't do any towel work or special arragement for our anniversary as we had requested. The worse thing about the rooms we had adjoining rooms where we stayed, the walls are paper thin and having that door in the middle was pretty loud, we heard everything, and the ppl on the room next to us were pretty loud, banging doors, music, screaming, we were really upset about this, probably the worst part when you don't get any sleep.
The food was good, the drinks were ok until we found our regular bartender Leonardo and LB, were great the the bar, lots of mamma juanas... Felix at the gym was pleasant and always ready to help, Felix and Rey from the Animacion were absolute funny characters, had a good laugh. The team always tried to get you involved, the shows were good except for the Kareoke night and the tropical night, we left before it was done.
Overall it was a pleasant vacation, we'd go back but not stay on bld 9. The vendors on the beach bother you every 30 minutes but say no thanks and they'd leave you alone, the vendors at the resort twice a week in the evening are a pain in the butt, they're pushy, bothersome and give a bad name to the resort, we actually had an issue with one vendor when we said no thanks and walked away he pretended to be kicking us? immature and no dollars do not grow on trees here in Canada which brings me to my next point to the servers we tipped everysingle meal, drinks and for no reason so we got good service, but at times we ate our meal at the buffet and no drinks were served pretty sad.
I think i covered the main points, the weather was great all week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro