We avoided Playa del Carmen this year because of the news reports on violence between the drug cartels, and i didnt want to be the first tourist to be kidnapped or accidentally involved as an innocent bystander. While quite concerned about the Dominican Republic's depiction in the media as dangerous off-resort, we decided to give it a try (we didnt go off-resort). This property is a refurbished Allegro property. How management accomplished it i dont know, but we found the staff more friendly than any resort we have ever experienced in 30 or more locations. They asked your name, and always remembered it; always cordial, always helpful, going out of their way, even though it is all-inclusive, not much tipping.
We did tip occasionally, maybe $10 after nice dinner service.
The rooms were quite nice and clean with good cold air, no cost mini-bar, and our teenagers ordered room service one night while Mom and i ate at the only restaurant that didnt allow kids (Bordeaux). MY wife enjoyed the many exercise classes on the beach, in the ocean, and in the pool. We liked the dancing lessons, and the kids liked the activities such as volleyball, and the gently organized olympics. The ftiness center is small but with new equipment and a helpful attendant. All of the food was great. Be sure to take 1 pair of long pants for the men, as they are required at the evening meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro