My husband and I visited Dreams Palm Beach from September 4th-September 13th. We came for a wedding taking place on September 12th. We are mid 20s with no children, and we have been to 3 all-inclusive hotels in different chains & different countries prior to this trip. We viewed this hotel as average but several couples we met absolutely loved the resort as this was their 1st time at an all-inclusive.
We enjoyed all the a la carte options. The steak at Seaside grill is fantastic and the Beef Osso Buco at Portofino was to die for. My husband was disappointed with the World Cafe buffet; there were not many Dominican food options to try.
All the pools were quite warm so getting in after laying out was not as refreshing as I would have liked. The Preferred Club adult only pool was very disappointing; it is completely surrounded by buildings so if you want to be away from children, you also have to be where you can't see the beach.
We booked a Tropical view in the Preferred Club. We were in room 1220 which is in building 1 on the 2nd floor and looks out at the Preferred Club adult only pool. The room was nice. The shower was fantastic. The mini-fridge is stocked daily with 2 beers, 1 orange juice, 2 Coca-Cola, 2 Coca-Cola Light, 1 Sprite, and 1 orange Fanta. In the Preferred Club, they bring airplane bottles of liquor and snacks every night. The air conditioning could be adjusted but would not cool below 24 Celsius (75 Fahrenheit).
The highlight of our trip was the service we received at the Preferred Club family pool which is where we spent a grand majority of out time. Germain is absolutely the best waiter we've had at any of the 4 all-inclusive resorts we've stayed at. He was constantly asking if we needed anything and typically had a new drink to us before we finished the old one. From day to day he remembered our drink order and by the end of the trip, we didn't have to tell him what we wanted unless we wanted to change it up.
I had an 80 minute deep-tissue massage. The massage was great, and the spa was very nice and left nothing to be desired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro