We stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of August with 2 children aged 7 and 6.
This hotel is lovely and they really do have something for everyone. The people are very polite as are the people that choose to come here. We had a small issue with the cleaning of our room and the preferred club reception sorted it out very quickly and even offered us 2 free massages as an apology. They really do try to be helpful.
We stayed in the preferred section after reading the reviews on here but to be honest I don't think we needed to. We didn't use the pool as it was smaller and we were happy to sit by the big pool. From speaking to others I think our room was slightly better as it had a huge shower ( no bath though!). We did use the adults only preferred pool when our children went to the kids club and yes it was relaxing but it could get fairly busy and people started reserving the beds in the pool which we thought was odd.
The kids club was fantastic. This is the first time our children have been and they loved it. They have all sorts of activities and they give parents a phone that they call if the children want to come back. Our kids even went for dinner one evening and we got to eat at the adults only French restaurant which was lovely.
The restaurants are lovely and some days were busier than others but you can always have a drink and wait. The Japanese and Italian were our favourite.
There was no need to reserve beds here- some people always will- but there really were enough and we hardly sat on them!
We didn't spend much time with the entertainment team but they were always busy and people loved all the exercises and auctions etc.
The coffee shop opened at 6am and was lovely! and they would make it however you wanted it.
I would recommend this hotel and I don't think you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro