“Six happy Canadians at Dreams Palm Beach”

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We just came back from a memorable trip at Dreams Palm Beach. We stayed at the hotel between April 12th and 19th 2012. We where three couples and stayed in the Preferred area (well worth it). Two couples received free upgrade to each a honeymoon suite with partial ocean view...awesome!! (two bathrooms..no waiting!!!). The other couple still had a great room with a nice garden view. The place is what you would expect from a 5 star hotel with the additional advantage that EVERYONE who takes care of you is nice. This is their greatest quality after ensuring the place is immaculate and the food is good (some restaurants are awesome (Sea Grill) and others a bit less (Bordeaux). However, overall good food. We got to know a bit better Ray at the Sea Grill and Ray truly made our visits to the Sea Grill a great experience...there is never a problem getting what you asked for (if it's reasonable). Ray..say hi to Ray-Lee!!! We also really enjoyed the service and camaraderie from Santa and Ariel (petit,petit peu!!) at the World Café. At the Bordeaux restaurant we had the pleasure of meeting the two Felix, very nice people.

The Entertainment is probably not top notch (except for the circus). However, it is still entertaining. Maybe the setting (a conference room) is probably not the best.

Six happy Canadians from Gatineau, Québec who had a wonderful time

Room Tip: Building 3 and 4 in the Preferred area are very well located.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank P L
Write a ReviewReviews (10,759)

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have been to other all inclusive resorts before but none like this. Between the amazing service, atmosphere of lounges, bars, restaurants & club, great food & perfect location, I was in awe.

The purpose of my trip was to attend my sister's wedding. The wedding went really well. Located off the main part of the beach, we still had many specators so be prepared for that. The food was outstanding, the ceremony quick but the backdrop of the beach was amazing!

The overall food at the resort was better than any I have experienced. The free room service, coffee bar and various a la carte choices made the experience that much better. I never got tired of the food. Liquor choices were also great with many top shelf choices available. Wine selection was lacking.

The service was the best part. The staff did anything and everything to ensure we were comfortable and enjoying ourselves. My older sister and husband brought along my 17 month only nephew. While at one of the a la carte restaurants, my brother-in-law decided he should take my nephew upstairs and asked to wrap his food. The server, was amazing not only getting the hot meal delivered to the room but also making a trip himself to the buffet to get food selections my nephew preferred...OUTSTANDING!!

The beach and pool were amazing. Clean and very kid friendly. I enjoyed every minute outside, including the last few hours before our flight.

In summary, the best all-inclusive experience! I will be back!!

Room Tip: When you get your room the first number is the building number, the second number the floor. Be sur...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ali M
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is my first time to the Dominican Republic. I have to say that I am very impressed by this property and its staff. Capuccino, Gasolina, Luira are just amazing - friendly, helpful, and most of all extremely talented (note - be sure to watch the evening of Stars on Thursday evening!!).

The staff engages you but not in a way that is irritating or overbearing. We played in a darts competition and water balloon toss and met some friends along the way. They greeted us every morning and every evening when they saw us and made sure we were always having a good time.

This trip was booked with two other couples and initially we were staying at the Ocean Blue. We were fortunate to have been bumped to the Dreams Palm Beach. We heard so many good things about this property before coming here, but to actually experience it first hand has been quite a treat.

Thank you Dreams Palm Beach! Thanks especially to the entertainment staff who have made this trip a dream vacation!

Room Tip: Building 2 is perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sophia E
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I typically love Dreams resorts...even if the food is not so great b/c the level of hospitality and the resort property itself more than makes up for it. And in the level of service, this Dreams did not dissappoint. They are gracious, hard working and super helpful. Less English is spoken here than Mexico, but it wasn't much of an inconvenience. And yes, we did tip...b/c it does help get better service. Esp since this does help them alot and I have no issue parting with a few dollars to get the level of service we received everyday at Dreams.

Food was much better than expected!! I wouldn't say amazing, but better than expected. And no need to wake up at the crack of dawn to hunt down a reservations agent...just eat when you want to eat. Never waited except once for Teppanyaki.

Buffet: Huge variety of breads, salads, grilled meats, soups, fruit (the tropical fruit here was amazing), seafood, etc...even vegetarians...I'm not one, but enjoy meatless cuisine every so often. And it's in a really lovely open and airy dining room.

Himitsu: Teppanyaki side...only 3 tables and it fills up quick but if it's full, you get a buzzer and go have a drink. This is more about the show than the food right?? It's fried rice with chicken/vegees, beef/vegees and shrimp. But good for groups and fun. I actually liked the Chinese side better...there was a grouper in miso that was the one highlight for me. I actually considered asking for more.

Seaside Grill: Fresh seafood and great ambiance...tho it was windy as all heck the night we went. fyi, the door is not by the bathrooms...keep walking around the building.

Bordeaux: I went b/c it seemed most people liked the French restaurant and I typically love French food as well...but perhaps it was an off night?? I had the Bordeaux salad (okay), lobster bisque (horrible - fishy and pungent) and a skirt steak (tasted good but paired with mushrooms in a sauce that can only remind me of canned pineapple). Bordeaux reminded me I was at an all-inclusive.

Property: It's walkable...you can walk out the door and will probably be where you want to be within 3 - 5 minutes on foot. It's intimate without feeling crowded. There were public areas where they had entertainment and gatherings which created a lively feel in the evenings. The lobby bar was always packed and a great spot to mingle, have an after or before dinner drink and listen to music. Casino and nightclub gets busy later in the night. During the day, they had a slew of activities, but I couldn't tell you much...I am very much the lay on a chaise and read a book while sipping one pina colada after another kind of vacationer.

Beach: Seaweed...they cleaned it everyday, but it just comes back...nothing to be done about it...still was pretty. I actually just stayed in the pool more often. The pools were very nice and aside from one day, generally found a chaise easily.

Room...we typically upgrade our room, but the preferred rooms were sold out. However, the standard room was sad. No other way to put it. Dated, old...the furniture was chipped, scratched in parts. The door was a pain to open. Walls were paper thin. And the bathroom was a joke. They are tiny and only equipped with a shower with a half door. I think meant to be more 'modern' except it just led to everything getting soaking wet outside the shower. And the bathroom door doesn't actually fill the entire door frame...and we're not talking a little crack at the top...it's almost a foot of open space. That's a little too much sharing for me thank you very much. And there was a crack in the balcony door so mosquito's got in our room...killed a few every day...and got eaten alive every night :(

Front Desk: You do get directed to the VIP table for a timeshare pitch at check in. We never signed up, but they are persistent. They don't call it timeshare, but we all know what it is. If you want to go...hold out for a good gift I guess. Some at the front desk also just seemed a little more curt or exasperated. Can't put my finger on it and it wasn't everyone, but there were a few who just seemed irritated.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Soo_Han
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This Dreams resort was very clean and friendly. We upgraded to the Preferred Club and while nice did not meet expectations. Children of people who did not upgrade regularly invaded the private pool without the staff taking any action.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family