“Ellen from Canton Ma.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canton, Massachusetts
“Ellen from Canton Ma.”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I traveled alone on this trip. I booked last minute and knew there would be families and couples and I thought some singles. Upon arrival, there were no singles and I was a little nervous at first. Once the Apple Vacation gal told me to book the snorkeling boat, I met a lovely woman and her daughter. We ate together and did some fun stuff too. That made a big difference for me.
Also USHER was wonderful to me once he found out I was traveling alone. He got all the guys to keep me company and dance with me during the musical evenings by the pool. It made my trip so much more pleasant. Actually I was having a blast. Since I was happy and busy, I ended up meeting more people. All in all, I have to thank USHER for taking me under his wing. Along with USHER was Elvis and Cappucino and Ilianna and others, but USHER was the best at making me feel at home on my vacation.

The resort was great. I knew I would encounter seaweed at the beach, but I didn't want to go further north because of the undertows and wind. My daily experience was breakfast, beach, lunch on the beach, pool, sit on bar stools, have drinks, later dinner then music, then theater with the entertainment staff and disco. Most of the theater shows were awesome. Wonderful experience even though I was alone. If you are a family, you must go there because the kids section is super and you can relax. The resort was beautiful and the staff was impeccable. Rooms were kept clean and staff was eager to make you happy.
The food was pretty good. Though the buffet got a bit tiresome. I liked the Italian restaurant the best. They were more than willing to make sure my food came out really hot. My waiter was greattttttt. Unfortunately I can't remember his name, but he had a birthmark on his face. If you have him, make sure you tip; even though tips are not necessary. The staff (support system) make little money and deserve a tip. (In my opinion) A dollar here and there and usually five dollars at dinner if the food and service are great. If you want to have a blast, go to the Japanese place. I went twice and had the opportunity to meet some really great people from all over the world.
Now that I know the people that work there, I would go back. Again, many thanks to USHER who made my stay at Dreams Palm Beach a great one

Room Tip: If money is no object, stay in the preferred section. I stayed in the tropical view room by the fou...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank turquoisef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,804)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We went with friends the resort is very nice and beautiful..we had a great time..stayed for two weeks and it was fantastic..very friendly staff specially darling,tony,victor and the best entertainer gasolina..although the rooms were a bit dissappointing and room service is a bit slow..apart from that a great place to stay..

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Rom854
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My Wife and two Children along with my Parents just got back from this resort. We have stayed at multiple Dreams/Secrets resorts in other countries with no problems what so ever.

First the positives, the entertainment staff was great! They were friendly and always smiling, laughing entertaining etc! The food was okay, sometimes real good, sometimes just okay but never bad. The resort grounds were nice as well. The bartenders and wait staff were great for the most part and we tipped them well for their efforts.

As for the hotels rooms/beds, maid service (which we tipped everyday), all horrible. This is not a 5 star hotel. Dreams should be ashamed of themselves to include these rooms in their chain of hotels. The beds were horrible, the room smelled, the hallways were leaking water everywhere, the fridge barely worked, the maids were brutal, no towels, toilet paper and shampoo 1/2 the time. (and yes we tipped them anyway)

All in all it was a great Family vacation because of who we were there with! But don't be expecting luxurious rooms when vacationing here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank DONTGOTOCATALINAISLA
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2012

after my two week visit i would highly recommend this hotel, the food and entertainment was 5*. along with the weather. all the staff were very welcoming and friendly including beauty.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This vacation was a memorable one. As soon as we got off the airport it was only 15 minutes to the hotel. We were greeted with a very friendly staff and cocktails within two minutes of arrival. The property is filled with palm tree's and screams luxurious vacation. The beaches were amazing with teal blue water. The restaurants have great food and there is a vast variety for everyone to enjoy. Will be coming back next year!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
14.0 km away
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
15.6 km away
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana

Been to Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana? Share your experiences!