I traveled alone on this trip. I booked last minute and knew there would be families and couples and I thought some singles. Upon arrival, there were no singles and I was a little nervous at first. Once the Apple Vacation gal told me to book the snorkeling boat, I met a lovely woman and her daughter. We ate together and did some fun stuff too. That made a big difference for me.
Also USHER was wonderful to me once he found out I was traveling alone. He got all the guys to keep me company and dance with me during the musical evenings by the pool. It made my trip so much more pleasant. Actually I was having a blast. Since I was happy and busy, I ended up meeting more people. All in all, I have to thank USHER for taking me under his wing. Along with USHER was Elvis and Cappucino and Ilianna and others, but USHER was the best at making me feel at home on my vacation.
The resort was great. I knew I would encounter seaweed at the beach, but I didn't want to go further north because of the undertows and wind. My daily experience was breakfast, beach, lunch on the beach, pool, sit on bar stools, have drinks, later dinner then music, then theater with the entertainment staff and disco. Most of the theater shows were awesome. Wonderful experience even though I was alone. If you are a family, you must go there because the kids section is super and you can relax. The resort was beautiful and the staff was impeccable. Rooms were kept clean and staff was eager to make you happy.
The food was pretty good. Though the buffet got a bit tiresome. I liked the Italian restaurant the best. They were more than willing to make sure my food came out really hot. My waiter was greattttttt. Unfortunately I can't remember his name, but he had a birthmark on his face. If you have him, make sure you tip; even though tips are not necessary. The staff (support system) make little money and deserve a tip. (In my opinion) A dollar here and there and usually five dollars at dinner if the food and service are great. If you want to have a blast, go to the Japanese place. I went twice and had the opportunity to meet some really great people from all over the world.
Now that I know the people that work there, I would go back. Again, many thanks to USHER who made my stay at Dreams Palm Beach a great one
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Priceline, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro