Beautiful resort: lush gardens, immaculate property
Food and restaurants: all ingredients are fresh and food is well prepared. Choices on menus were not my cup of tea - husband is a chef but am not a food snob. Old school choices, food lacking in flavour for the most part but filling. Service made up for it. Staff is efficient and friendly, looking after your every need. Seaside Grill was my favourite. Nice seafood plate. Mexican restaurant was also good. French and others, not so much. World Café is great for breakfast and lunch - lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, veggies, plus loads of hot food items. Coco Café is the best - all you can drink café bar - machiato, cappucino, expresso, you name it! Great way to start the day watching the sunrise at 6:45 a.m. As for drinks, try the Island Key (tastes like a lime pina colada)... loads to chose from... service on the beach or poolside, plenty of bars.
Staff: welcoming and efficient staff, learn some standard spanish for extra interactions with staff who are beautiful, warm people that work really hard! Tip them when you can although it is not necessary. Nice thing about the service at DPB: staff have a great work ethic.
Beach: very safe to take long walks along the beach, especially to the left hand side of the resort. Breathtaking... still dreaming of this. Mark your spot on the beach with your towel in the early morning to get a good place. Nice daybeds to lounge in as well.
Rooms: now these were a bit disappointing, but in the end it's not about the room, the location more than makes up for it. Rooms are worn and do need some refreshing. A fresh coat of paint, a good tile scrubbing and regrouting in the washrooms would go a long way, stain on the bed linen. Asked to be moved rooms and front staff accomodated our request. Block 6 was much better than block 9. Room was dressed up a bit but still not fantastic like in the hotel photos. Guessing that Preferred rooms might be better? Not sure.
Spa: did not use since many other guests told us that they did not like there massages... too bad.
Other tips: bring lots of American one dollar bills for tipping. No need for Dominican Pesos.
Go for 'Morning Walk' with Dream Team Guide (free) at 9:30 a.m. to get in to see the dolphins and the sharks at the dock.
Go for 'Spanish Lesson' in the Wedding Gazebo at 10 a.m. to get to know staff and learn basic words.
Amazing vacation... we travel to Europe every year and decided to add in a Carribean vacation - our best vacation ever!!!. Punta Cana is the best! Still dreaming of it and can't wait to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro