What Dreams loses in "stars" due to food quality and/or other amenities, it makes up for with it's staff who are the most friendly people. Dreams Palm Peach is all-inclusive. This includes drinks, room service, and most water sports. It is a 15 minute drive from the airport where luggage helpers try to take your luggage no more than 20 feet to taxi eager to charge you $30 for what they will tell you is a 30 minute drive. It is not, but the rates are fixed and you just suck it up.
The hotel has a decent lobby with friendly staff. If you can swing it I would highly recommend staying in the Preferred Club area which makes check-in/check-out much easier, a special lounge serving drinks all day, and quiet pool and beach area as well as a restaurant. It's worth the extra money.
The rooms here are decent. The preferred club rooms come with a jacuzzi tub which is nice.
Here are my gripes....the food is not that great during the day. At night, however, you have several options...Japanese, Mexican, French, Italian, and a Grill. The French and Italian are very good. Not great, just very good.
Nightlife is pretty good at the resort with something for everyone.
My other gripe is that there a people there hired to "rope" in people to experience another one of their resorts. They will tell you it is not a time-share if you ask them, but don't be fooled. The good news is that once they recognize you and you have made it clear you are not interested, they leave you alone.
The spa at the hotel is very good. My wife absolutely loved her massage.
The beach areas are very nice with Hobie Cats, windsurfers, kayaks and more available. If you are looking for a fun place to take the entire family, this is a good place. If it's just you and your wife, I would suggest going more upscale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the Caribbean Sea, white sand beach and lush gardens, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana boasts 500 spacious rooms and ample suites surrounded by swaying palm trees and views of endless blue waters stretching to the horizon - the perfect setting in paradise. Take advantage of all the unlimited luxury activities Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana has to offer. Swim, sail, snorkel or windsurf in the turquoise Caribbean, enjoy fine a-la-carte dining, sip favorite cocktails at one of our bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Occidental Punta Cana
- Occidental Allegro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Occidental
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Dreams Palm Beach
- Punta Cana Allegro