“Best Holiday Ever”

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We have just returned for a 2 week holidays to Dreams Palm Beach. We had a ball. We had read somebad reviews and we were a bit nervous bit as soon as we arrived we were so happy. All the hotel staff are so friendly and helpful, they are a credit to the Dreams Resort. The hotel is so clean and also the rooms are lovely, clened twice a day and very comfy beds. The food is outstanding as well. There so such a great choice. All in all we had a fab time and cant wait to go back. So sorry wehad to leavr

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shel32
Write a ReviewReviews (10,851)

Reviewed 22 May 2011

just returned fom 14 days of relaxation from the dominican republic.
as usual the dreams chain excells once again.
20 mins from airport,great food,friendly helpful staff,superb well maintained rooms.
i like to be fair,its not a big hotel,the beach is nicer along the coast,the sun loungers seem to be first up best spot ( if you have enough towels ).all in all a great holiday again i would deffinately recommend this hotel for couples and families.also b4 i forget a big shout out to maria our fatefull pool waitress.

Room Tip: ask for third floor room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bread1nd2
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I had my wedding this past month at Dreams Palm Beach and I loved every minute of it. The place is beautiful, the food is excellent and the staff is the best! My wedding planner Mercy went above and beyond what I had expected and created me the most incredible wedding. The restaurants are great but we mostly ate at the World Cafe. The food is excellent, you don't have to wait and they can accomodate any size group right away. Angel was my favorite waiter. The bartenders were great too. They worked so hard and were always so pleasent to everyone they served. My favorite staff members were without a doubt the entertainment staff. Julio Nice, Gasolina, Alejandro, Sweetie and Gilbert made my honeymoon the best! They worked from 8 am to midnight every day and were always full of energy. I recommend going to the nightly shows and participating in the daily activities. I had a great time playing bingo and horseshoes with Julio, chess with Alejandro and connect 4 with Gilbert. You would be amazed by how many guests they know be their first names! I plan on going back with my husband next year for our anniversary. I really hope these guys are still around because Dreams would not be the same without them.

The concerige and check-in staff were probably my least favorite employees. I didn't think they were always that helpful.

Room Tip: Prefered Club!
Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank beachlover46637
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This is a beautiful resort, with a nice beach dotted with tall palms and cool breezes. The weather was just about perfect when we were there, considering there is no real rainy season. There were light showers in the afternoons some days, but lasting only fifteen or twenty minutes before the sun came back out from the clouds. There were at least three wedding parties during our weeks stay, which was somewhat entertaining, but as you know weddings bring partiers. Add a swim -up bar, and by mid-afternoon the noticeable green tint is your warning to not go into the small pool. Get your drinks from the dry side of the bar, and take a dip in the ocean.
The service is relatively good, but actually gets much better if you smile a lot, try to speak in Spanish, and maybe release a dollar or two from your tightly clenched fist every once in a while. Keep in mind that "all-inclusive" does not mean everything you ever wished for is included.
The best concept of the Dreams resorts is No-wristbands and no- reservations for the specialty restaurants! Even though the buffet is standard fare for breakfast and lunch, our dinners were the best we've had at an all-inclusive. The Asian restaurant was our favorite, which offers very entertaining Teppanyaki tables or Chinese fare with standard seating. Even though the French and Italian restaurants are not wheelchair accessible (my wife is disabled), we were allowed to order from those menus in either the Mexican or Asian restaurants. The fare was excellente! (as the locals say) and the waiters were very attentive!
The resort tells you the best rooms are in the Preferred Club, but before you decide to spend twice as much, carefully consider what the additional perks are. There are some Thai beds on the beach and a private yet small pool and whirlpool, as well as an additional restaurant available for breakfast and lunch.
The bathrooms are relatively the same, with a few additions like a jacuzzi tub. Read other reviews on this resort, and you'll see a lot of folks complain about the bathrooms in general. It's so tight and cumbersome even for able-bodied individuals. We were able to move to a handicapped room in the middle of our stay even though we booked in February and requested a handicapped room at that time. The resort has only 4 handicapped rooms , and one of them doesn't have handrails at the toilet. Our stay became much more relaxing after we moved ( if the wife isn't happy nobody is happy), but my contention is the resort should book us into a handicapped room if we request it far enough in advance and if available for that week. We won't stay here again without that confirmation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wilburdavis
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This was my wife (Bev) and my first time out of the country all because my nephew Josh chose to marry an incredible young lady (Shana) in a destination wedding in the dominican republic. The wedding was held at the Dreams Palm Beach Resort where we stayed and the actual site of the ceremony was on the beautiful white sand over looking the sea which is all part of this resort The wedding accommodations, food, entertainment & staff along with the setting was beyond belief, this was actually the fairy tail wedding that people dream about and my wife and i actually got to experience this first hand. I cannot say enough about the resort and especially the staff that make this operation work. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff kept the mini fridge stocked at all times and the room was cleaned and serviced to a degree I have rarely seen in my vast travel experiences. The resort grounds and the beach was constanty groomed in fact, if a leaf fell off a tree or a loose napkin or empty glass found it way to the ground, it seemed like someone was there to pick it up. As for the restaurants, I was concerned that in an all inclusive package, one might expect to have meals of small proportion and of quality that my pet wouldn't eat. This wasnt the case, every meal was beautifully presented and the quality was gourmet. I gained almost 9 pounds in 5 days, needless to say when I got back to the states I had to start on a weight loss program. I can't mention them all but, the staff was incredible! They were all very friendly and it seemed that they couldn't do enough to help you out. I want to mention a few very special individuals who went above and beyond the call to make our experience more enjoyable. LA as he called himself put together a small boat tour and was constantanly tracking me down to make the process easier. He did all the leg work and made sure that we were taken care of. The boat guide and Captian Morgan as we called him who drove the tour boat made a sight seeing trip with snorkeling into a fun filled party that I will never forget. Gasolina was another member on the beach staff that always greeted us every day we were on the beach and to my amazement, he never forgot our names. With all the other guests that they deal with in a days time that personal interaction and care he gave us was again beyond belief. It was that same thing with the baggage handlers, Paulino, Milkiades, Ramond and Alejandro they were all wonderful. Thank you again to all of you for making this wedding a magical experience we will never forget.

Rick and Bev