Hotel Riu Palace Macao
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 247
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 286/night.

Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 352
USD 275
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 516
USD 403
Priceline
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 252
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 446
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 335/night.

USD 197
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 275
USD 245
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
USD 312
USD 195
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 217/night.

USD 575
USD 527
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 2,420
Melia.com
4,425 results
All reviewscaribbean streetpool barkrystal restaurantpalm treesel patioother resortsdominican republicthomson repjacuzzi suitea la carte restaurantsanimation teamevening entertainmentsteakmain restaurantplenty of sunbedsrelaxing holidayan adults only resort
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Fantastic stay. Left the hubby and teenager at home and ran away with dear friends 11/7-11/11. Once there, I was treated like royalty of which I am not! Easy check-in, rum punch welcome and didn't even have to carry my own luggage. Once unpacked, the only thing I needed to worry about was making sure I found my room every night.

There are some minor cons as described by other reviews:

Yes, the rooms smell musty/mildew. November is this tropical island's rainy season and there were tropical storms every night into early morning. If you are vacationing in your room, this would be a problem. However, I was there to enjoy the sun, sand, beach and the company of my friends.

Room key. Old fashion key instead of a key card and if requested, you can get more than one. Seeing I was flying solo, I didn't need the extra.

No bathrobes - um, not a concern for me as I simply wanted to put on the bathing suit and soak up the rays

Dated? Yes, a bit. Some cosmetic upgrades and fixes could be done, but this had no effect on the food I ate or the cocktails I drank.

Nightlife noise. My room was 3030, first floor overlooking the nightlife entertainment. There were lots of people of various ages enjoying the music and dancing. I was still able to get plenty of sleep despite the entertainment.

Highlights:
Angel Angel Angel, the ONLY beach bartender. This man works hard and is beyond accommodating and friendly. By the second day, we were greeted with hugs! Because we appreciate the work the entire staff puts in, we tip very well and this young man saved our spot on the beach every day. He even hooked us up with Lucien at the pool to make sure we had great spots and treatment when needed.

Food:
The buffets were wonderful. Lots of changes made every day so you can't get tired of eating the same thing. Although, I immediately fell in love with their breakfast crepes topped with a sunny side egg and salsa verde and the fried plantains. On our "dress up" night of which is not required of the restaurants but we opted to step it up a notch, we ate at Pancho.. No one in our group had a complaint about the food. I had their version of osso buco. Not a shank, but tender filet pieces in a savory gravy on top of pasta. It was perfectly fine and I was so hungry I ate the whole thing. Desserts in DR will not be as sweet as you expect. This was also perfectly fine.

Cocktails:
There was nothing watered down and if by chance you wanted mucho rum, they had no problem topping you off! One of my friends is a vodka tonic fan and the 50/50 pour was great! While I tried some of the yummy frozen drinks, I really am a prosecco girl. Their champagne, Tresmols, is different and not what most would like but you are able to enjoy it. Again, Angel, really took care of me. On the second day, he brought me my own ice bucket with 2 bottles of champagne. Good Man!

A good tip for the heavy drinker/partier, bring your own Tervis or Yeti cup. They will fill it for you! I tried that the first day with the champagne, but opted to slow it down the remaining days and just took their glasses. hahaha. Because Angel is the only beach server, the frozen drinks won't necessarily be frozen by the time you are served, they were still plenty cold in their own plastic cups.

Sun beds/lounges. Plenty! Plenty of canopies. However, there is not much shade on the beach but this wasn't a problem for me.

Should go without being said, but, try to remember why you are going on vacation and you will get the most out of your stay. I didn't go on vacation to sit in a room, watch TV or mope around. I wanted to have fun and therefore, I can overlook the little things.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
10  Thank Stacy W
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel was lovely and really have no complaints. The staff are very attentive and do their best to involve you especially the Animation team, Amy, Elisa and Super Mambo. It's adults only but the crowd they attract is quite mixed in terms of age and it's nice to be able to walk around the complex but be aware that you can only eat and drink at the Naiboa it would've been nice to at least drink at the Bavaro. The entertainment nights were as expected but nice to have. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JESS1C4
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Room 3207 was fab for the sunrise. we were here from 02/11 till 12/11. The food is very varied and well maintained for cleanliness. The staff are remarkable. Special thanks to Karen and Daniel who kept us topped up. The Italian is fab for the lamb. The pool staff Angel was also great. I cannot fault the hotel for attentiveness and food. The only one I do not think was good was the Japanese but maybe this was a personal taste.

Room Tip: Garden side 3207 for terrace sunrise and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Great hotel great stay fantastic staff. If you want a laid back holiday with zero stress this is the place. Room, ours was lovely. Cleaned daily. Ocean view with balcony. Mini bar stocked daily towels and linen changed daily also. Perfect.
Food, all great. Choice of
Buffet restaurant or themed al a crate restaurants of which there are 4, although they alternate which ones are open daily. The odd al a carte dish was bizarre and didn’t really work but maybe that’s a matter of taste. Best fillet steak I’ve ever eaten in the American restaurant. Champagne station on the breakfast buffet which my partner enjoyed. Drinks, plenty of them. Table service all over the hotel and around the pool. Didn’t wait long at any point. You can go to the bar and order if you prefer. Only criticism is that they make the drinks with such a generous amount of spirit they don’t always taste great. A gin and tonic for example would be 50/50 gin to tonic! Staff can’t do enough for you to be happy hence the generous measures. Beach is nice, you can throw a stone in it from the hotel it’s that close. It is the Atlantic though, and not the Caribbean. I was aware and more than happy, just be aware it’s choppy not the still clear waters off the south coast. Excursions were our highlights you’d have to do them on a two week trip or you’d be bored. Buggie Tour is a must. Soana Island was our favourite. Deep sea fishing also. Can be booked from the hotel reception or the water sports centre scuba caribia on the beach. Overall faultless. Not a lot to do other than recharge your batteries with zero stress which is exactly what we wanted.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yummeebrumee
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Riu Palace Macao and I am disappointed when I compare to other 5* resorts and considering the Riu reputation.

I will start with the positive aspects: adult only, beautiful quiet beach, small resort, great buffet, no dress code for men at night, good service, friendly staff, gift shops at walking distance, nice boardwalk to get to the other Riu Resorts.

Now for the negative aspects: rooms not up to 5* standards (small room, cheap finishings, no bathrobes or Butler service in regular suites, à la carte restaurants not worth it (no cooking show at the Japanese, similar foods served at the buffet), no daytime poolside animation, the coffee shop opens at 10:00 am, room door opened with key and only one key per room, no snack-bar, no beach bar.

This is a perfect adult only resort to relax and unwind but expect 4* quality.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends