9,431 results
All reviewschez gourmetla brisaclub premiumpalace deluxebavaro beachguest servicescaribe buffetsanta fe steakhouseadults only sectioncoral seafoodocean frontswim up barpalm treesoceanfront rooma la carte restaurantschateaubrianddinner reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Barcelo Bávaro Beach was such a great resort to go on vacation. All the workers are so sweet, friendly, and accommodating, especially our housekeeper, Carmen Moni and pool waitress Anajay. Carmen kept our place so clean and greeted with a smile every morning. Anajay always delivered our drinks with a smile. The food was pretty good, the pool amazing! Great experience, I can’t wait to go back!

1  Thank michaelderosa
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for leaving these wonderful comments on TripAdvisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay among us. Thank you for your very nice compliments for our team, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to always and are an asset to our hotel. We will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated. also, we would like to express our sincerest gratitude for your kind words toward our waiting staff as they strive to deliver an excellent service always to ensure our guests fully enjoy their dining experiences among us. Once more we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hotel experience at Barceló Bávaro Beach. Jesus Peguero from guest services was so helpful setting up our events. He also sang to us while we waited for the phone to be answered. Daniel from the front desk was wonderful getting us checked in. Jose helped get us set up to our room and helped with our bags. These gentlemen were all wonderful in customer realations. We appreciate all their help. Thank you for making our Anniversary special.

1  Thank Jennifer D

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for leaving these wonderful comments on TripAdvisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay among us. Thank you for your very nice compliments for our team, they do work very hard every day to make sure our guests feel well attended to always and are an asset to our hotel. We will certainly relay your praising comments to all of them and we are sure they will be pleased to know their efforts have been appreciated. Once more we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

First day has been great! Jesus in guest services has been a great help, sings wonderfully and very friendly! Jose did a wonderful job putting up with us picking a room, and Daniel at the check in desk was amazing!

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Very good resort, a small citadel if you consider also the adjacent Bavaro Palace.
Nothing to say about food and drink choice, room tidiness, staff organization, animation guys etc. Everything well organized and maintained.
Many reviews before have described the resort, so I try here with my personal tips/suggestions for future guests and as well some remarks for the Barcelo' staff to improve in some aspects (hope it will be appreciated).
If you book directly via My Barcelo' you have free internet (or else you need to pay a fee), possibility of room upgrade and late check out and as well a voucher (5% value of the cost of your stay) to spend for hotel services.
A remark for the reception staff, it looks like there is a little confusion about the voucher. When I checked in nobody told me about it, I need to specify it the day after and they need to double check before to confirm it. Anyway it was not really clear for what the voucher could be used. You can use it for the restaurants not included in the all inclusive (like the Japanese one) or for the spa. But you cannot use for the excursions or for the gift shop. Actually I was not able to redeem my voucher since when I checked out, they told me I had to pay cash the bill for the shopping at the gift shop charged on my room. It was not possible to use the voucher for shopping.
So it would not be bad to clearly state what it is possible to buy and what not with the voucher.
Restaurant tip...I loved having lunch at La Briza restaurant near the beach, you can use it instead of the main buffet one. There is less food choice, but the view and the sensation to have a table in front of the ocean is definitely worth.
General tip...if you need to change in US dollars you need to go at the casino, at the reception they only change in pesos.
Finally some words on the seaweeds issue. This is a big problem which cannot be afforded only by the hotel. I do not understand why at higher level, like regional or State authorities, they do nothing to clean the beaches. I would have definitely charged myself of an additional daily tax, if someone had cleaned the beach each morning. I leave the Barcelo' people to pass my message at higher level...this is potentially an issue which could affect the whole economy of Punta Cana region, so some action needs to be taken.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Nello R
Director Sandy P, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your recent stay at Barceló Bavaro Beach. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay and certainly agree that our dedicated staff plays a key role to our guests' overall experience. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and a warm, memorable experience. Moreover, we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail. Lastly yet importantly we would like to thank you for your highlights on the service you received in our restaurant and we will not fail to share your praising comments with the entire team with our congratulations for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying in the hotel. Once more we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I want to start off by saying WOW!

My wife and I could not have asked for a better place to celebrate our Honeymoon! The option are unlimited and we had the time of our lives!!! We are still here and I can not wait for the rest of the week. What a wonderful place for family and those looking for time off with your significant other. The staff is AMAZING!!!! WE love you BAVARO PALICE!!! KEEP UP RHE FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!

Dear guest,
First, we congratulate you with your honeymoon celebration and we thank you for choosing our Barceló Bavaro Beach hotel for such a special occasion. We take a lot of pleasure in making each of our guests' visits "fantastic", especially when it comes to special occasions. We are thrilled to read that you felt welcome and supported from the moment you arrived until the moment you departed and will not fail to share your compliments with the entire team as we know it will be a great source of motivation to keep on going the extra mile. Thank you again for this heartwarming review of your stay with us, we look forward to your next visit.