Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 334
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 412
USD 336
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 516
USD 443
USD 574
USD 331
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 401/night.

USD 327
USD 229
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 1,479
USD 295
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 329/night.

Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 374
USD 292
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 765
USD 527
Priceline
The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
USD 625
USD 281
HotelsClick
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
USD 762
1,304 results
All reviewsdiamond clubflow ridermartini barfitness staffoceanside restaurantmini cooperbrazilian grilldc poolbedroom presidential suitehunter steakhousegrowing painskids clubgourmet marchediamond poolseafoodfitness classesdinner reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Just got back from a 2-family, 4 night trip to Royalton Bavaro Resort. Here are the things you must know before booking a trip here.

Casino: The casino is not open. If you are booking this place because you want the casino, don't bother. They shuttle you once an hour from 7pm to 1am to their sister property to their other casino. Not very convenient when you have young kids with you.

Overbooking: This is the second Royalton property where we've seen overbooking happen. You cannot trust that the room you book will be available when you go here.

Check-In: I have been to many places in my life, and this one, by far, had the worst check in process I have ever had to endure. We stepped on the line for check-in and a very rude front desk person (wish i remembered her name) asked us to go sit in chairs. Meanwhile, she walked back and forth looking for paperwork that she could not find. I spelled out my name for her on a piece of paper, and she still could not find our reservation. After a very long process, we still did not have rooms, but were told to go explore the hotel and come back later. Coming back later, it was still a s##t show. We finally got into our rooms at like 5pm. I will say, that Jose A. at the front desk was the only friendly and helpful person there, and the rest of the staff should follow in his lead.

Hotel: Overall, the rooms and the hotel grounds are beautiful. Everything is new, the beach is beautiful and this is really the only saving grace.

Service: The service at this hotel was probably the worst I've seen. If you want any kind of decent alcohol like Grey Goose or Tito's, or Bacardi, you have to be in Diamond Club. Each bartender has been trained like robots to make you feel like a 2nd class citizen if you ask for one of these drinks. After figuring out that this was how the hotel operates, I went back to the front desk and asked to be upgraded to a Diamond Club reservation, and even said they could leave me in the regular room, and was denied. I offered paying regular price for diamond club just to have the drinks I wanted, and was still denied. What hotel rejects extra cash for just providing a bracelet?

Restaurants: No matter what anyone says, go early and put your name in. Wait times were 1-2 hours usually. As for food quality, the Hunter Steakhouse and Zen were the best by far. Grazie (Italian) was average, but adequate, and Ocean Side (fish) was by far the worst meal we had. Steaks overcooked, fish terrible, took 2 hours. It was not something I'd recommend. Every place uses an overload of sodium.

Tennis: I have to list this because we chose this resort for two reasons: Casino and Tennis. We go to play tennis the first day and they say they only have 3 rackets in the entire resort. We ask them to correct this, and the next day, again, only 3 rackets. They finally went to another sister property to retrieve a few rackets. The courts are basic with no table, no chairs, one umbrella, no cold water. If you care about playing tennis, probably not the best place for you.

Buildings: The lower number buildings: 11 to 15 have an entrance right by the service road. You hear cars all night long and there's constant workers, servicemen on these roads. If you have a choice, go to 16-19.

Overall: The pools and beaches and weather were great, but I would not recommend a Royalton property. There has to be better places to go where the staff actually cares about their customers.

Side note: If you're a manager and you want to respond by saying "we hope you try us again in the future", don't bother. That's the lamest reply you can give.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room in the buildings with low numbers. They are near service roads that are busy with workers and noisy all night long.
9  Thank wilbr024
Juan T, General Manager at Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear wilbr024

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

It is my deepest regret to read that you went through so many inconveniences during your stay; I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests and in order to do so we focus on following the highest standards of quality and service. We took a note about your point and your comments have been shared with our management.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

6 days - 2 adults 2 kids ages 10 and 6 - NOT Diamond Club Reservation - not worth it.

We just returned from Royalton Bavaro. Let me list out the Great and Good first:

Check in was a breeze! Elizabeth, Jose and Hammel were excellent to deal with. Our room was not ready, but expected when arriving at 11:30 am. Since our friends were already there we headed to the pool. There are a few jobs at this resort I would not want, under any circumstances, Front Desk Staff, deal with a lot. Everytime went to the front desk, there was someone complaining..not sure what, but not a happy camper. Each time I spoke to front desk staff, they really tried their best to accomodate, whatever my ask was, even if their English was not great. Note: we booked a Family Suite, which is a King Bed and a pull out couch, this did not work for us, since our kids are too big to fit, plus room smelled. Book a junior suite to get the two beds. Hotel was sold out so the only option i think they gave us the only room available, which smelled worse and had water damage, but at least two beds. So we just dealt with it and swim out, which is bonus for our kids. Be aware building 16, 17 and 18 have musty smells, not sure how they will fix this. There was no other rooms available.
Again, all Front Desk Staff were very pleasant and trying their best, and I want to let them know, I was at the front desk a lot, never received an unwelcoming response to whatever my ask.

Sales- stop trying to sell people stuff all day long. If you have to do it maybe from 11-1 during the day.

On to outside areas: which are absolutely beautiful and well kept. Pools were very nice, lazy river and Florider were super cool.

Because I work and have to get up at 5am for work, the last thing i want to do is get up and race to get chairs, which on this property for the close to the pool spots or good location, its a race, resolution to this: GET A CABANA! Book in advance if possible.. Ask for Domingo - what a fantastic guy! Always a smile always doing his best.
Then request Daniel to be your caban server. "Always a pleasure!" This guy can jump! Never, ever made us feel anything other than wonderful! Having a cabana and having Daniel made our vacation! Daniel and Domingo went out of their way so many times for us, BIG accolates for all their service. BIG Smiles from our family. No was never an option. We have been to other resorts when they take your order, they disappear, not Daniel. Speedy! Come circling right back! My Pleasure!

Yuberkis, when we were not able to get a cabana, Yuberkis was our girl, always stopping by to check on us, making sure we are okay, and this is BEFORE we tipped her. She also made our vacation a pleasure. She is a wonderful person.

Vibe team during the day did a great job keeping us entertained. The shows at night were pretty good, Michael Jackson show was fantastic, and the Latin Dancers on Tuesday night really were amazing.

Dinner: DO Hunter and Rio, and if they are not out of spagetti, Grazi was pretty good. Skip: Zen = Gross at best. At the end of our vacation, we were so tired of eating, we actually skipped dinner and just ate bread and dessert. The buffets get old fast. Dinner reservation (knowing we were not Diamond Club) was a challenge, but still managed. WAIT = Here is an idea, how about keeping the pool open later like till 7 so you don't have a mad rush of guest trying to get 6:30 - 7:30 reservations. If the pool was open later people we not kill each other to get to dinner.

The servers at the middle hut near Grazi, again those guys don't stop, always smiling, singing.

I can understand the language barrier, we had some issues, but most of the staff spoke english. ( some more than others)

The Spa was worth it as well, my husband and I both enjoyed our Swedish massage, Olga was a delight coupon or not, it is worth it.

The great = the staff - everyone really works hard on this property, more than i have ever seen, I'm from NYC BTW, so my expectations might be high, the staff exceeded my expectations. Everyone again everyone, from the staff at the buffet to the vibe team, does a great job. Thank you to all staff!

The BAD: Our room had an awful smell, so much so that when we came home from our trip, i had to leave the suitecases outside, all of our clothes were damp and smelled like mold. But we will survive.

Dear ROYALTON - fire your architect - who ever approved the hotel room design to allow a toliet without a sink to wash your hands should be ashamed! GERM CENTRAL. Take those germs right to the buffet, little Mikey is not washing his hands. Sink should be right were the toliet is. Not everyone gets asked to santize their hands before going to buffet.

Had a great time overall, fix the rooms. Cabana made us forget about all our worries.

Room Tip: Middle Building
3  Thank Christine S

Dear Christine S

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We heartily appreciate your taking the time to write such a kind review on our resort Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We are sorry about the impressions that you may receive about the service from our staff and management; our objective is to provide an excellent service to our visitors and always ensure a quality holiday among our guests. We took a note about your point.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Let me start by saying that my wife and I have stayed at more than 20 all inclusive Carribbean resorts in our lifetime. We have written positive reviews the vast majority of the time so if anyone believes this is a typical negative bias review it is not. It's simply a recommendation to stay away from this place.

Problems started at check in when they did not honor our agreement of children being free for the promotion for which we agreed. We ended up having to pay the child rate in order to get our room. The next negative we encountered was that all of the pools, hot tubs, the lazy river etc. all close at 6 pm (or earlier if they feel like they want to -- today, the lazy river closed at 5:30 despite its advertised closing time). So, if you've gone on an excursion during the day, don't count on being able to come back to your resort and relax in the hottub or take an evening swim. The management has already closed down your resort fo the day.

Next, I would say that the food service is remarkably substandard compared to other resorts we have experienced. The service is slow, the quality of the food is marginal at best, and the selection is incredibly less diverse than other resorts. We have been here now for four days and I would say that we have not had a single meal that my wife or I could not prepare better at home with minimal effort.

Thirdly, I would say beware of the excursions. We spent 5 hours getting to and from a 30 minute SCUBA dive. The next day, and our excursion to Catalina Island (via Nexus -- beware of them in particular ) was preempted to and from the resort with commercial stops no doubt for the benefit of those organizing the tours. A 2.5 hour snorkel and beach visit took all day with stops at some Roman Replica and a mandatory visit to a chocolate and cigar vendor.

Finally, the beach is nice, but inundated with vendors that are not shy about interrupting your quiet time, reading time or even nap.

In short, you can do a whole lot better. Even if you have to spend a few dollars more, its worth avoiding this place. Again, I have written so many positive reviews for our other stays, but this place has earned it's rating -- if I could give 0 stars, I would.

Room Tip: If you're not staying on the first floor, you're not getting a personal pool.
12  Thank Mike M
Juan T, General Manager at Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Mike M

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We traveled to Punta Cana a couple weeks ago and stayed at the Royalton Bavaro. The resort looked amazing in the pics, and most of reviews were good. We did not have a great experience. Most disappointing was the service at the Diamond Club. The customer service folks in the Diamond Club seemed to care less that my room was ROBBED!, we didn't get the rooms we paid for, ants everywhere in the room, no bottle services, or the amenities that were promised as part of the package that we purchased. When we asked to speak to the manager, I was continually told he was not available. The rest of the staff at pool side and in restaurants were very good. Butler Felix Felix was not worth the extra money spent.

Room Tip: Stay away, better resorts on Punta Cana
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Nicky S

Dear Nicky S

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Restaurants were quite good, not your typical salad dressings (take your own), also recommend you take your own pasta sauce ( theirs is watery and bland)...breakfasts were our favourite meals. Rooms have lots of issues, though very clean we did not get the ocean view as a perm pkg diamond club visitor. Took us 2 days to change our room..still no ocean view, settled for the best they could offer,, a swim up room ( but we are not pool folks, we went for the ocean..resort was very crowded and full....lots of kids everywhere....don't go Easter weekend or week after as that was high school break for US I guess....the evening shows in the big tent were very good....our butler, shandi, was very attentive and booked all our evening meals...also attended to room issues for us and the room move...not much activity around the beach, everything seemed cantered around the main pool ....seemed to be lots of stuff for kids there.....maintenance workers were very slow to come and do repairs, but you must stay in your room and wait or they will not come in..we spent a lot of time waiting for them to come fix stuff..way too slow...do not take the special breakfast offer...it took us 3.5 hours and was similar to a time share...more time wasted...we purchased for cash a n excursion on the beach and ended up not going, it was too crazy to explain but we did not get a refund...better to book through your travel representative....Sunwing was great...beach has lots of waves and is a bit seaweedy ..lots of beach chairs, no issues there.....lots of securityconstant on beach...lots of towels too...not a 5 star resort yet but has potential...I would give it a 4.

Room Tip: Pay extra for diamond club
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth A

Dear Elizabeth A

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you had with the service in our property; we continuously train our staff in order to give an excellent service to our visitors.

It was a great pleasure welcoming you to Royalton Bavaro. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.