“Private, peaceful bliss”

Xeliter Caleton Villas Cap Cana
Ranked #88 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Three co-workers and I decided to splurge on our annual golf junket. We booked a three bedroom, golf course view villa at the Caleton section of Cap Cana. Basically, the villas are open-air living areas with enclosed and air-conditioned bedrooms. They are more than spacious and always had a comfortable breeze. Ours had its own hot tub and pool. It was surreal to return to the villa after dinner to find a flat screen tuned to the NCAA playoffs and to sit in the open air living room with a cold drink in hand, a breeze blowing through and one friend smoking a cigar without stinking up the joint. We were in heaven.
Anyway, you get a "butler" with the rental. Ours was named Sandy and he was great. Within the first hour he found out what we wanted for breakfast and lunch and went shopping for the groceries. Each morning he cooked an amazing breakfast of fresh fruit, eggs and bacon which was served in the open air dining room. The fridge was stocked with water, soda, juice, beer and they even drained a few coconuts of their water so I could mix it with rum. Yes, top-shelf liquor was also in stock.
The outdoor areas had outdoorish furniture under the thatch roofs. The large, unique layout had the three enclosed bedrooms at opposite ends of the villa so each was very private. They all had TV's, radios, high end furnishings, excellent AC, walk-in closets and awesome bathrooms. My bathroom (in the master bedroom) was as big as an entire hotel room with a jacuzzi, open shower, marble sinks, etc.
We were there in late March and it was pretty empty. They give you a golf cart to get around in but the beach was less than 100 yards away. It was such a beautiful beach with very fine, pinkish sand and lots of palms providing shade. Service at the beach was also quite good with food and drink at the ready. The clubhouse of the Punta Espada golf club was two holes away. I travel and golf a lot. This is my hands-down favorite golf course. (See review)
This place is a little expensive. It was totally worth it. I hope it does better and more people come and keep this a viable property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Chillmann
There are newer reviews for Xeliter Caleton Villas Cap Cana

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am in a fight with the hotel. We booked this room early January. I have contected the hotel to confirm the dates (Remember I have the confirmation from January). Here is an exact copy of the hotel response:

Good morning Mr. Eric,

As confirmed we have your reservation with us, but the days you booked
are not available
we just have availability:
From March 1st to March 31st and From April 10th to April 30th.

we need you plese let us know what date is better for you because we do
not have availability
for April 4-9th, those days were confirmed by mistake.

Sorry for the inconvenient and i look forward to your response.

Best Regards!

Nairobi Rivera.
reservations department.

NICE! I have air reservations......everything. What a mess!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank EricArb
Reviewed 20 February 2011

This Hotel have the best spot in the Dominican Republic, if you want to be close to the beach, hear you will be ontop of the beach, the water is cristal clear and the sand is very nice. something curious, the sand never gets hot! We where in bungalow N° 1, is the "smallest", but the terraces and the private beach of this boungalow makes a big difference.
The employees of the Hotel where very nice and the restaurant ameizing, the restaurant to have the best location and one of the best meals in DR, the wine list is quite extensive for a restaurant i the beach.
i already book to come back on november next year.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank aweibel
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I traveled with my wife to Dominican Republic and stayed at the Club Caleton in Capcana Resorts. This was the best decision ever to book in this place. We stayed in bungalow #2 that has a private beach, an impressive construction and location. The club pool is beautiful and the restaurant at the shore is the best restaurant, by far, in Punta Cana. Bathroom is oversize, and the terrace is fantastic 180°C view over the sea. If you want to have the most relaxing and wonderful vacations do not hesitate to book in this hotel.
My wife and I are already planning to come back with the entire family and take at least 2 or 3 bungalows together.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hans23011963
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Having been to the Dominican Republic many times, this is the first time in which I stayed at the newly open Caleton Bungalows. I must say that these are the most spacious, beautiful and exquisite bungalows I have ever been to. The ceiling of the rooms is high, which gives it a "palace" atmosphere and leaves the air conditioning to circulate freely. I stayed at Bungalow number 4, one of the best which resides right on top of the beach.

From the room, my girlfriend and I had direct access to the Caleton Beach, although being in the Bungalow part of the beach it seems one were to be alone. I must say the architecture and furbishing of these bungalows is incredible. Never have I seen such spacious bathrooms with a "waterfall" shower, a big bath and a private sauna! It is as if one would never have to leave the room!

Being in front of the beach has allowed me to enjoy the beautiful sight of the sea ievery morning and have direct access to the Jack Nicklaus golf course right behind my room! I have never seen such excellent quality-price service and room value. I would recommend this hotel to any tourist who frequently fly to the DR. I must say that I will be returning to this piece of heaven very soon! So far best hotel I have been to in the Caribbean area, 100%sure!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple