27 people are viewing this hotel
USD 157
Free cancellation until 02/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
BahiaPrincipe
USD 157
Lol.travel
USD 141
Expedia.comUSD 157
Hotels.comUSD 157
TravelocityUSD 157
8,813 results
All reviews garden grill a la carte huge resort privilege club closer to the beach main buffet lobby bar dominican republic japanese restaurant great resort recommend this resort beach pool main pool t shirts buffet food language barrier great vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed here in August 2011. The resort itself is beautiful. Here are my ratings:
Ease of Checkin: 1 star
Resort: 5 stars
Cleanliness: 5 stars
Service: 3 stars
Buffet: 2 stars
They do not provide airport transfers, arrange your own with a travel agency or a tour company when planning your trip.
Ok, to begin with if you're traveling with kids, do not Priceline this all inclusive resort and "Name Your Own Price", or better yet, dont priceline it at all. Priceline only books it for 2, and you`ll have trouble adding your kids to the reservation. Let me know if you need more details on this.
You can never checkin at this resort before 3:30 p.m. If you arrive any earlier, they will make you wait. They made me, wife+2 kids wait 1.5 hrs telling me every 20 minutes, that the room wasnt ready, come back in 20 minutes. Miserable checkin.
Buffet is not that great, the food choices are limited and sometimes it feels like they take the leftovers from lunch and mix it with something else and call it another name for dinner. I give the food 2 stars.
The resort is beautiful, right on the beach and about 30 minutes from PUJ airport. They have 3 internal shuttle busses that run within the resort bus stops that take you from one end of the property to the other. Its great, you can just jump in and out at the next stop if you like. See the picture attached of the bus.
TV channels in english are limited, 95% of the channels are in Spanish. Minimum kids club activities, they meet at 8:00 p.m and do a few songs/dances with the kids and thats about it.
The hotel provides free shuttle service to and from Manati Park where you can see dolphin shows and interact with animals. There is a fee to enter the park.
Enjoy!

Room tip: Check in after 3:30 or else you`ll have to wait. All rooms are great.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AeronauticalEngineer
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I can't say this loud enough but STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESORT!!!!. They couldn't pay me to go back to this place. I've stayed at alot of resorts but this by far is the worst ever. The entire stay the resort had a sewage smell near buildings 11 & 12 as well as by the bridge. The smell would filter into your room and it made it hard to sleep. Bring your own towels. There were several times that we had to go to dinner without a shower because we received no towels. Even when you call them at the front desk, they never showed up. La Carte dinners are a joke. They say you get to pick 3 but they actually assign when and where you will go to dinner. The bugs in the room made it hard to sleep because it felt like something was crawling on you all the time. I had to sleep on the beach just to get away from the smell and bugs. Just about everyone that we've talked to had complaints if not worst than ours. One couple didn't have air condition and they had children with them. I have stayed at many resort but this is by far the worst ever. Save your money or find another resort. You will not regret it. STAY AWAY!! You'll thank me...

Room tip: Pick another resort
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank FrankS413
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We had a week here beginning 22nd August2011. Unfortunately we arrived at the tail end of hurricane irene so the weather was pretty much appalling until Wed when the ropes were finally taken away from the chandelliers!
We had a fantastic stay from then on. The rooms were large and the wording Junior suites is apt for them. They were cleaned daily and even included a jacuzzi bath which we did in fact use!
The food did get a little boring but in fairness there is plenty of variety, but not enough for vegetarians.I think we just got bored with eating!!!!
The restaurants we tried were the mexican (don't bother) and the italian (good).
The entertainment was good and my two daughters ages 13 and 14 were impressed most nights. The circus is fab as is the Michael Jackson evening. Also the international dancing evening.
In the main we were very pleased with the hotel. HOWEVER we did ask at the main desk for three days in a row for an umbrella (which were supposed to be in the closet) and were told yes it would be there when we got back to our room. It never materialised. So we were repeatedly soaked through with the torrential rain we experienced.
The staff in the main dining room were overall very friendly and polite. However did not speak an awful lot of english (mainly spanish) so do take your spanish phrase books.
The beach was stunning and we took a few long walks along it. I recommend the water taxi back it was a laugh!
With regards to the excursions lets be honest and say that you get what you pay for. We would highly recommend the Dolphin Excellence and NOT the 'dolphin explorer'. The dolphin excellence that can be booked form the main lobby, and although slightly more expensive it was well worth the extra money. The kids were actually skiing on the noses of dolphions and other tricks were included rather than a little pat! The photo's/videos were expensive so make sure you take your own camera and videoing equipment.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Don't bother. I'm sitting here outside on the balcony. There are less mosquitos here than in the room. I got EATEN ALIVE every single night. Had to douse myself in Off bug spray. We got stuck here an extra night because our flight was cancelled and I cannot wait to leave. The buffet was mediocre at best. Such a cheesy all inclusive place. Drinks are bad. IF by chance you do stay here be nice to the staff, they most likely live in a nearby town and are working to feed their families.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ev4
Reviewed 27 August 2011

a brilliant holiday....
the resort was so clean i could not fault it in any way..staff were polite and helpful.
pool and beach areas were clean and tidy!!
wide veriety of food in the buffet,al e cart resturants,room service and snack bars.
i would love to go back..it was an amzing holiday!!

Date of stay: June 2011