1,431 results
All reviews circus restaurant il paradiso kids club le gourmet castle view castle light show a la carte restaurants hand foot and mouth beach restaurant kids water park other resorts mini bar the lion king privilege club family vacation kids shows don pablo collection
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Absolutely fantastic holiday!!
We went in August 2018, 2 adults 1 child aged 11.
Food - fantastic, be prepared to put on some holiday weight! A la carte restaurants and buffet - so much to choose from.
Staff - so polite and friendly, dont have a bad word to say about them, they went out of their to make us feel relaxed, they appreciate a little tip - it goes along way.
Pools - clean and loads of room to relax. The main pool was a little to loud for us but we stayed on the other side of the castle, we could enjoy the music from there, and walk round to watch the entertainment when we wanted to. Pool towels available.
Rooms are amazing, and clean. the air conditioning can make the room smell damp to begin with but that soon goes. Mini bar stocked everyday
Maid service - very friendly, towels changed, bed made everyday.
yes seaweed was an issue but that is mother nature, no fault can be put on the hotel at all. In fact they had workers trying to clear it everyday.
Evening entertainment - brilliant, shows for everyone to enjoy.
Overall this holiday is amazing. would definitely recommend.
Just remember to take lots of sun-cream and lots of mozzy spray.
There will be people who moan as you can please everyone and some people just expect too much. The staff work hard front and back of house to make sure you are happy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank josands40
Pioneer704144, Customer Service at Fantasia Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for take your time and let us know about your experience in our Fantasia Hotel.

We are glad to know that you had a fantastic holiday with a polite and friendly staff, clean and loads of room to relax pool, amazing rooms, and brilliant evening entertainment.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel and looking forward to welcoming you once again soon!

Please do not hesitate to contact us through our email: info.fantasiapuntacana@bahia-principe.com for your next stay with your requests.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

One of our best holidays: we stayed in Bahia Fantasia it’s an outstanding complex: the staff were wonderful rooms cleaned everyday: towels changed twice a day ( not sure why ) lovely petals on bed : mini fridge filled everyday: bathroom smellies constantly stocked : the snack bar at garden city was opened until 4 pm everyday: there’s a snack bar near beach which was always open only had burgers : hot dogs chips etc : I Don’t understand the last bad review cause we only got home yesterday: we spent a lot of time in Esmeralda and made good friends with holiday makers and staff we never heard of anyone sneaking to Fantasia: all in all it was great we were looked after like royalty: the all inclusive offered premium spirits aswell : The beach is lovely and it’s great been able to visit all the other bars and restaurants on the complex: we had a restaurant booked nearly every night on our 2 week holiday: the app was great cause you booked everything through that : this complex is highly recommend

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank myfamilylincs
Pioneer704144, Customer Service at Fantasia Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Guest,

It is a real pleasure for us to know that you had one of the best holidays with us and thanks for highlighting our wonderful staff, cleaned rooms, mini fridge filled every day and a lovely beach.

Thanks for recommending! We hope that come back soon and do not hesitate to contact us through our email: info.fantasiapuntacana@bahia-principe.com

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

we are currently staying at the grand Bahia principe Fantasia resort IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BOOK PLEASE READ THIS HONEST REVIEW:
the resort is absolutely amazing and there is honestly no faults within the the up keep in the hotel however the food, the service, the friendliness of the staff is appalling and the things listed which are available are not. Almost all of the gourmet restaurants are closed and the eating times are very regimented as there is no snack bars open (with edible food) after 3 o’clock until about 7pm. We checked into our room and on the first day we discovered ants on the counter where the amenities are like the mini bar and the coffee machine, the bathtub and aircon was broken so we have had no aircon up to this point in our stay. you are constantly calling for things like extra towels, toilet tissue and drink re fills as they very rarely re fill the mini bar also on the first day we had bottled beer and never seen that since! The overall cleanliness of the room deteriorated after the first 4 days as the cleaner did not sweep the floor so there was a build up of dirt and sand etc. All three of us have been ill and one family member who is vulnerable already is now on antibiotics. Unfortunately on this day, our much loved travel mascot (who had traveled the world with us) went missing either stolen or taken to the laundry however staff keep lying to us and will not help us try to find him and when we called to guest services they put the phone down on us as they wouldn’t take us seriously even though we were upset due to the fact they did not care. We used the pool at Esmeralda and the guests at Esmeralda were constantly bragging how they snook in, down a staff only pathway, and used all our facilities like the water park and ice cream bar etc. One night we even witnessed a group of 14 from Esmeralda going into the garden circus so I informed security and they didn’t speak English nor didn’t care so there is no point in paying more for a exclusive resort also the Esmeralda staff come across as intimidating and we got the persona they didn’t want to serve us even though this is yet another luxury we pay for. IF YOU HAVE DIABETES YOU CANNOT COME HERE BECAUSE staff at the Esmeralda today served us full sugar Pepsi and told us it was sugar free so they cannot be trusted!! And in the buffet the cornflakes were mixed with Frosties which is appalling and staff do not seem to care. Also in the resort, better service is given to those who tip which contradicts the idea of all inclusive! The only saving grace as far as staff goes is from the amazing service in the utopia lobby bar from Roberto and Wander and all they want is to make guests happy and nothing is too much trouble they are honestly fantastic! Also the staff at the ice cream parlour is amazing and the ice cream they have is lovely however they finish milkshake service too early so people pay for the more luxury one. I have wrote this review after 10 days due to more ants in the room and after several requests of not been able to speak with the hotel director so I am giving whoever reads this the opportunity to put things right for the last 3 days of our holiday and once I am home I shall leave another review. so I left this here and didn’t decide to finish off until I was home due to us having a meeting with the director (Veronica) so we thought it was only fair to give her the opportunity to solve the issues before making them public however after wasting 1 hour and a half of our holiday, she offered her apologies and that was it, the next day we saw her we didn’t even get an Hello never mind a “how are things” which I would’ve obviously expected which makes me realise that the problems in this hotel start at the top of line so staff underneath won’t care when they don’t! Anyway so after this we only had 4 days left and like I explained nothing change and by this point the fumigation of the room AGAIN my one of my family members Ill leaving her on anti biotics for the rest of the holiday. So things only got worse which didn’t help this review then the final straw was in the exclusive beach bar, which by the way is not exclusive as we witnessed guests coming in from all resorts which weren’t even luxury, where they remove all food at 4:45 even though the buffet shouldn’t close while 5 and appallingly we witnessed the restaurant manager drinking shots of mamawana with guests in front of us and other guests which I’m sure is not what we pay thousands for also there is no point in paying this amount of money because If you want good quality service and standards you need to pay staff again when you get there. But finally, to top everything off on the last day the restaurant greeter was once again writing things down on napkins (which she has done ever time we went in) but as the things she was writing seemed a continues joke on us as her and her colleges continuously were laughing we decided to go and get the napkin from her and to our dismay we found a paragraph (as shown in the images) what she wrote about the two of us a line which said something on the lines of us ruining their day which for me should not be tolerated by any member of staff in any resort across the world. Honestly I could go on and on and on but it’s important you guys know that we are not trying to gain anything from this as the deputy manager Maximo, came to our room on the last day to buy us off with a $149 spa voucher(which we did not accept)which he insinuated was a gift to offer an apology on a bad experience while concealing a disclaimer asking us for a signature to sign on the voucher to ensure in the small print that we are not allowed to take any other complaints further or claim any other compensation from themselves or from our tour operator (TUI) again just more corruption, lies and conspiracy which then takes me back to why I waited until I was home to finish this report as at the end of our holiday we were watched all the way around our resort and everyone we spoke to tried to confirm our room number with us and we genuinely feared for our family’s safety as everyone knew exactly who we were and the director or higher staff didn’t know how to answer our query’s about it we even had staff we had never seen before coming up to us knowing our names which felt very intimidating and like we had no control so although the resort is amazing the staff do not care about people or the vacation. After been constantly asked how they could put things right since the 2nd day on the last few days we told the director and her understudy’s that the only way it could be fixed is by giving us our time back with a room to come again with us obviously paying the air fair which after this appalling experience we felt it would be the least they could do because obviously time is so precious and our amazing holiday was ruined by such stupid things which could’ve been easily put right. I hope whoever reads this appreciates the time I have taken to ensure no one else endures a holiday like we have. Also the management need to realise that those coming from the uk pay an excessive amount of money in comparison to local states such as those which only had a 2 hour flight. Please look at images enclosed for our proof and leave questions you have.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
21  Thank claytontravels
Pioneer704144, Customer Service at Fantasia Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us your comments regarding your recent stay in our property, now that allow us to analyze our daily development, improve our services, and this way guarantee our guest´s entire satisfaction.

We deeply regret any difficulties, which certainly doesn´t reflect our daily operation.

It’s our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, and demonstrate you our commitment to excellence. Please do not hesitate to contact us through our email: info.fantasiapuntacana@bahia-principe.com

Always at your disposal,

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I should of listened to the reviews on Hand foot and mouth disease. Visited the resort on the last week of September. My 13 month old developed a 102 fever the last night we were there. Then after our flight back home we noticed the blisters and that’s when it hit us. “Oh S.... “ Hand foot and mouth. Doctors confirmed its viral (coxsackievirus). Crazy thing how long its been going on. I figured it’s all taken care of by now. Wrong I should of went with my gut and bailed out while I had the chance. If you traveling with your kids rethink visiting this resort. I wasn’t going to write a negative review. I’m not that type of person until I noticed another child visiting the resort the same days we where there also developed Hand Foot and mouth disease. Reading that review I knew I had to let others know. Upon arrival the resort is beautiful the people were friendly. But the fact remains they need to figure out how to take control of this virus. When we first went to dinner and the high chairs were covered in plastic & they make you apply antibacterial before entering the restaurant. Little do they know that hand sanitizer do little to control the virus. Google it! They have a problem and they should address it before sh.. hits the fan and people start to take their money elsewhere. Take a look at the pictures of my little 13 month old. Those don’t lie.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Journey767119
Pioneer704144, Customer Service at Fantasia Bahia Principe Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings from the Customer Service Department at the Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort. We would like to thank you for your confidence in our hotels and services, and for giving us the chance to explain the situation regarding the kids' illness as this is surely a delicate matter.

In this way, we must state that the hand-foot-and-mouth disease is a viral illness, and therefore it is not caused by the hotel food and beverages, or due to any negligence in our services.

We include this kind of situations in our strict health and safety procedures, to prevent the spread of any similar infections.

We hope this information is helpful and would like to thank you again for your cooperation and for sharing your concerns with us in order to solve any doubt.

Please do not hesitate to contact us through our email: info.fantasiapuntacana@bahia-principe.com for any assistance.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve tried to post my review since May 2018 and for some reason it has never been published
The Fantasia resort has a HFMD ongoing problem which they can’t get rid of
My advice, keep away from it
My 2 year old daughter caught the disease and it ruined our holiday, 6k pounds down the drain
Bahia principe or THomas cook don’t want to take any responsibility, totally disgusting

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Kevin T

Dear Kevin,

We are sorry for not being able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at our Hotel.

Thank you for your confidence in our hotels and services, and for giving us the chance to explain the situation regarding the kids' illness as this is surely a delicate matter.

Always at your disposal,