All reviews nice pool catherine health global location
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We got to spend full two weeks at this amazing location while doing a global health elective in La Romana. To me, the stay with Catherine, Steve and the staff was just what we were looking for. The guesthouse is a beautiful house full of life- beautiful flowers, turtles in the pond and hummingbirds on the trees. The house is located a bit out of the center but within few minutes drive from it, we used taxis and public transportation that were very easy, cheap and efficient to use. For us the best part was the location in a real (yet safe) residential Dominican neighborhood, the complete antithesis to the all inclusive resort seclusion. Highly recommended!!!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I had a pleasure of staying with Catherine in her beautiful home in La Romana. She is a wonderful host and if very helpful and friendly. When I arrived I was greeted with fresh juice and fruits. House is very clean, spacious with nice pool and patio. Catherine is a very kind person who saves animals and has 5 dogs, 3 cats, many colorful birds in her back yard. All animals are very well behaved and friendly. I love animals so this was an added bonus to my trip. The house has a nice view of the water from the patio. I would highly recommend her place to anyone traveling by themselves or with family. Thank you for a wonderful experience. I look forward to coming back soon.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

It"s a very nice, family hotel. A very beautiful villa, very nice clean rooms and house. Free Wifi. Good food and breakfast with fresh fruits and juice. Very friendly hotel employees there are obliging too.
Terrace, first and second floor. Nice garden, with nice pool, hammock, lounger and with another seats.
The owner is very friendly, helpful and hospitable. I was in the hotel for stopover to go on the Aida Cruise. She helped me to organized taxi transfer to fair prices from Punta Cana airport to La Romana Chambres d' hotes, from La Romana to the harbour and my return transfer from La Romana to additional hotel to Punta Cana.
Recommended!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2016

The place is really a family house with several rooms to let. The hosts Catherine and Eduardo are extremely friendly, they make you feel at home. The rooms are impeccably clean and properly furnished.. The location is in a nice neighborhood of La Romana but you have to go out, with own car or Taxi either to a beach or to restaurants to night life. Excellent to spend a night or two, but not if you are looking for a resort.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodolfo H
cathysuite, Propriétaire at Chambres d"hotes La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

TK's Rodolfo for yours kind words.
Effectively we are not an hotel, but a homeguests. It allows the guests to meet people who are really living in their house and to know a little of the reality of the country you are visiting.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

My friends and my family spent there 3 days. Home was very comfortable and clean, the host was very kind and friendly. Gave us her support in every need. We arrived late in the evening and she offered a great dish of fruit. Last but not the least from one of the terraces we could enjoy an amazing view.
We denitively recommend it and we will surely take it into consideration for next trip to La Romana.
Thanks Cathy for your kindness and professionality.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank gabrireffo
cathysuite, Propriétaire at Chambres d"hotes La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Hi Gabriellla,

Tk's a lot for your kind words, it was really a pleaser to meet you and your family, it gave us a lot to be able to receive you at our home.
This "work" is great that allows us to received people so kind like you.
A big hug for you.