All reviewsliving roomwalking distanceswimming poolminute drivedye foregolf courseteeth of the dogapartmentaltosgymtowelsconciergeparadisemarina
Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is an apartment complex located in Casa De Campo resort. I stayed there with my husband, a teenage son and a 10 year old son. Before I went I emailed to Los Altos concierge to let them know that we would need a golf cart because I recently had back problems and had difficulty getting around. The resort is very large, everyone drives or uses a golf cart. The resort shuttles will not bring you to your building. I also asked for reservation for a special dinner they were having one night. When we arrived were put in a 3rd floor room with a broken elevator and told that it would be fixed soon. I had to walk up the stairs and stay there. There was no phone in the room to communicate with the person who checks you in so he asked us to install WhatsApp on our mobile to contact him. There are no restaurants in Los Altos, you have to leave and go to a different section. I walked down the steps that night so we could eat and they promised it wold be fixed. It never was and by 4:00 PM the next day we had to move. (They also never made the dinner reservation and it was fully booked.) The new room was an upgrade and larger. Our first room was beautiful, although there was no microwave or electric coffee maker, with lovely views. This room also did not have an electric coffee maker and I asked for one and you can see what they gave me in the pics. However, right under us the people had 3 large laborador retrievers. I love dogs and have dogs myself but these dogs barked all day and night. The rule for pets at Los Altos is that they can only be 30 pounds or less. I texted to complain about the dogs and they would stop for a while but then they would start again a few hours later. It was really annoying Our arrangements were booked with breakfast included but somehow there was a miscommunication with that and Los Altos didn't feel we should get breakfast but they said they would bring it anyway. Some days they brought a loaf of bread and a quart of juice (no coffee). Some days nothing until after 12. The last day they did come in and cook a real nice breakfast. There were several other mix ups too. The resort is nice, the restaurant and shopping area at the marina, the Chevon River. We loved the pools at Los Altos and a secluded one near The Dye Fore Course over looking the river. The people who work in the restaurants are great. The beach is nice but, wow that's not a 5 star luxury experience. You have to wait on a line to get your own towels, the loungers are not covered with anything, there aren't nearly enough umbrellas for everyone and they are really short on waitstaff. I liked the water, it's clear and we went snorkeling and saw some great fish. We snorkel all over the world and it didn't expect much but this was pretty nice. Some restaurants are good and some are not so great. We liked Cafe Marietta and Pubbelly Sushi and Cafe Marietta, La Casita was awful. My husband and I were both underwhelmed with the spa. My husband and one of my sons played Dye Fore and Teeth of the Dog. They really enjoyed themselves. Again, I had some communications issues, I called the pro shop before we went and they told me that they had junior clubs available to rent so we decided not bring to bring my sons clubs. Junior clubs are only available at Teeth of the Dog. Luckily my son was tall enough to play with ladies clubs at Dye Fore. Also, when they were playing Teeth of the Dog there were about 15-20 drunk teenagers on the course and their foursome had to stop playing until they left. (There was a security guard nearby and he said something to the teens but they didn't go). There are many teens drinking here and also driving golf carts (and cars) so you have to be very careful on the roads. The day before we left we went to the main office of Casa De Campo to check out and make sure our van was scheduled and we had them contact the rental car company. By the way Los Altos is a little far from most things a car is a much better choice than a golf cart. We made sure to let them know we were now in a different condo. The next day when we were leaving our van didn't show and neither did the rental car agent. They had gone to the original room. So, it's a beautiful place but they seriously don't come close the service you would get at the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton or any of the other hotels in The Hotels of the World chain. They have a long way to go before their service could be considered 5 star.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GteResidente, Manager at Los Altos Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear user TimeDog,

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay at Los Altos Residences, Casa de Campo. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We greatly appreciate your comments in reference to the overall service and already taking care about those we couldn’t fullfilled your expectations; our apologies.

Regarding the restaurants reservation, rental car services and pro-shop rental, it is important to clarify that these are third party services located inside Casa de Campo, and unfortunately they are not attached to our management. We do provide the facilities to make reservations prior arrival or during the check in.

We hope you can give us a second chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our property.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We were in the Dominican Republic for our daughter's wedding. We could not have had a more enjoyable experience. Everything from the courtesy and attentiveness of the staff to the deliciousness of the local restaurants to the luxuriousness and spaciousness and quality of the rooms made our stay a time we will always fondly remember.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Miguelina B, Director Comercial at Los Altos Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and of course, we look forward to bring you another experiences whenever you come to Dominican Republic. Our company also manage El Portillo Condo Residences in Las Terrenas and Casas del XVI in Santo Domingo Colonial City.

Greetings from Los Altos Condo Residences!
Thank you!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We have stayed at Los Altos for two years in a row and both experiences were Wonderful! Location is perfect, apartments are the most beautiful decorated places we've been, with everything you need on it, clean and best service ever. People are friendly and really wants to help you and make of your stay the best experience ever. We highly recommend it!!! Jenison & Reyna Dominguez/Holly Springs, North Carolina.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 14 March 2017

We are very glad to read your review Dominguez Family!
We always tried to make our guests feel like home away from home.
You will always have a place to stay here. Feel free to visit us anytime you like.

- Los Altos Condo Residences Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Los altos is an area with apartment (max 4 floors) within the best DR resort, Casa de Campo.

Located by Dye Fore golf course and 5 minutes walk from the emblematic Altos de Chavon". Have a gym and great swimming pools (like one for every two buildings) and perfect for families, couples or friends.

Very good option to stay

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 November 2016

Thank you for your comments.

It´s very important for us your opinion and view that your visited was perfect.

See you son in Los Altos Residences!

Reviewed 10 November 2015

A nice place to stay especially if you are visiting a concert in the amphitheater of Altos de Chavon which is at walking distance. If you are a golf lover you would definitely enjoy this place as well. This is part of Casa de Campo where you can also have a romantic dinner, go the beach and many other outdoor activities. You don't need to leave this property except if you want to visit for example the basilica. We stayed in a one bedroom condo. Very nice, quiet and safe place with all required facilities.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple