1,763 results
All reviews teeth of the dog golf cart casa de campo dye fore horseback riding beach club skeet shooting all inclusive package lago grill dominican republic great golf le cirque minitas beach golf courses are punta cana golf trip all inclusive plan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I first booked this place I knew little about it. I then did my research and saw how much was written about it. It is a high end 5 star resort with wonderful reviews. With this being my honeymoon and all I figured I could not go wrong here. I will say my review will be of the hotel and the areas around. I will try to review the restaurants individually. The first thing you notice when you arrive here ( well besides the long drive and armed security) is how big this place is. Its HUGE where they give you a map and a golf cart to get around! Yes your own golf cart! At first this seems really cool but unless you are an avid golfer (I am not) the novelty wears out fast. The cart is slow obviously and due to everything being spread out it takes time to go anywhere. We got a close room to the main hotel so we could walk to a restaurant or a pool but other areas required a nice 15 to 20 min ride in your trusty golf cart. Yeah!
Lets face it the draw of this place is the all inclusive and with the prices they charge here you need it. I can say that pretty much most of the meals are over priced. I come from nyc and the prices I saw here are equal to if not higher then most mid level restaurants in the city. The all inclusive is good but it comes with some rules which requires some paying attention. You need to order by the glass and only certain drinks and you can only eat at certain places. At this time its like 4 places which if you stay a week not many places. The food is not bad but after awile it becomes repetitive.
Of course there is the beach which is very nice. In oct its pretty dead (as is the pool area) but its small (with loads of construction). I can only imagine how it is in peak season. It must be difficult to get a place in the summer because the beach area is really limited. There is a nice food area there as well. The staff at this hotel is wonderful. This is where the hotel shines. If you need anything they are there to help. Yes this is the world of tips but overall the staff here are incredible and this is the main draw of this resort. I believe this is what makes casa de campo one of the best. The room we had was wonderful but there was a constant battle with moths. At last count I believe we killed over 20 moths in the room which to me is never a good thing ( yes I know its the tropics but over 20 moths in the room seems to be excessive and again yes everything was closed). I liked the experience but to me at the price point it just did not seem worth it. Everything seemed to be way over priced but the service was great and the people even better!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank afq715
RobD3065, Social Media Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Mr. Anibal, thank you very much for your review about your stay at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, it is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from you.

As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continually strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

We thank you for choosing us and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Providing the best experience for our guests is our main goal. We will pass along your review to our team so that we can improve future experiences.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having grown up on a neighbouring island, I always said that I wouldn't do a Caribbean all inclusive. That changed totally with CDC. Virtually everything about this gem in outstanding. Food and beverages, room and facilities were all top quality and the estate is large enough not to feel crowded or hemmed in, with a complete feeling of freedom. The area is away from other tourist resorts, so there are no higglers or hassle outside. The staff are fantastic and can't do enough to help, without being overbearing or pushy. They genuinely are proud and happy to please, whilst also chatting and being sociable to exactly the right level. They really make the resort.The stables and equestrian facilities are superb, and would be so aywhere in the world. They are not advertized enough, in my opinion. The horses are all care for and looked after to an very high standard. I also enjoyed watching the polo practice.The golf buggies are a great touch to get around. It would be a nice touch to have them refuelled weekly - as we nearly ran out after 10 days, having gone up to Altos de Chavon twice and the Marina twice. This then curtailed further exploration slightly as it just seemed a hassle to get them refuelled. We did however then discover the free shuttle bus in the evenings, which we may not have done otherwise, however.The food and wine was exceptional all round. Precisely what I need to relax on holiday - good restaurants, with a la carte menus and fresh food. Shame that La Casita was closed as I was particularly looking forwards to Dominican fare. Compliments to the chefs in La Cana and La Piazzetta in particular.For the golfers, the courses look great - we tried our hand at the driving range - lovely staff, but not our forte.Went riding nearly every day - Raph, Margarito and Pablo were all very different in style, but all great, and couldn't do enough, both for our enjoyment and safety.Remember your mozzie spray - we were bitten to bits and the pharmacy is down in the marina. It would help to have insect repellant available in the in room toiletries, or in communal restrooms All in all, a fantastic resort, made even more so by the superlative staff and all of the extra little touches which only come with attention to fine detail.See you again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World

Thank you very much for your review about your stay at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, it is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from you.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Exceptional staff along all the resort in particular Alberto F. (Wellcome area) and Cesareo in Room (172). We have enjoyed a lot our week with a lot of activities. For sure we will try to come again in the future and we will advise Casa de Campo to our family and friends.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andresbolumburu
RobD3065, Social Media Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Hello Mr. Andres,

Thank you so much for posting your valuable comment about your recent stay with us, we are happy to read that you had a nice stay at Casa.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at this your second home, Casa de Campo Resort & Villas.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

I Have arranged for a group of eleven couples to travel for one week this late autumn/early winter. Not able to travel to Aruba, I sought a location that I was familiar with and had experience in the past. I had not travelled to Casa de Campo for several years, and wondered if my memories were still intact. Upon arriving at the hotel, my concerns were replaced with pleasure and relief. The size, beauty, and facilities were equal or better than any similar location. With three golf courses, many, many restaurants, and the fun of traveling the vast property in your own golf cart, makes this a place to truly enjoy and relax. All of the staff was friendly and happy....this is NOT the Caribbean....great service with a smile and "what can I do to help you"...Can't wait for our upcoming eight night stay in November

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
Casa de C, Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Harvey F

We thank you for choosing us and we hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in November!

Gitti H.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at CasaDeCampo for a weekend that was going to reunite us with my parents after a long time. They were staying in a small rental apartment in La Estancia so we decided to go for the hotel as to not impose. Of course, Casa de Campo is long known for its beauty and charm, so as La Romana grows and attracts people from all around the world, Casa de Campo Resort has maintained its infrastructure and top attention to remain the best choice. The room comes with it’s own golf cart that can take you anywhere within the resort (breakfast, reception, restaurants, golf course) so that was a plus for us, given that we didn’t rent a car (my parents had one but where far away from us), and the distances within the resort are obviously long.
The room was nice, big, spacious, with white walls and dark wood ceilings and shutters, a mini walk-in closet next to the bathroom, balcony, TV, WiFi, A/C. But in all honesty it could use a bit of renovation. I know that changing it all up wouldn’t be right, modernizing it too much could lead to it losing its charm, but changing the A/C units, providing de-humidifiers, changing the bathroom equipment and some of the wooden materials would go a long way. Breakfast is amazing! The view over the golf course and unto the sea is priceless (try to get there early so you can snatch one of the tables right at the edge of the restaurant), the salty breeze and open space are worth the stay, and accompanied with great food choices and perfect attention is going to make you want to make breakfast a big part of your day. The gardening within the resort had me in awe. In a country that is insanely hot and humid, with a piercing all-day sun, every plant and flower was blooming beautifully and perfect, which says a lot about how its maintenance is top priority, providing guests with beautiful views and a peaceful stay.
We didn’t stay long enough to try other restaurants or the golf course (my husband was not happy) but we will definitely be returning to relive the experience again.
We also didn’t go to the beach within the resort, instead we drove to Bayahibe with my parents and it was spectacular.
Overall a great experience, attention to detail, good food and beautiful views.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanicohenm
Casa de C, Manager at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Giannina C