I visited Casa de Campo with my family over the holidays and stayed in one of the villas. We had problems several times with check-in, and the resort was poorly organized. There was a pronounced language barrier as well, which made travel a bit difficult. However, the grounds and accommodations were beautiful. The beach is small, and was a bit crowded, but we did visit during the holiday season.
The food at the Le Cirque cafe on the beach was delicious- I ate there three times during our stay. There are a wide variety of activities: water sports, horse lessons and riding, excursions to nearby islands, polo matches, tennis, shooting, and three amazing golf courses. The marina is a beautiful, quiet spot to spend an evening, and a nearby village constructed to look like an Italian coastal town is a livelier spot for nightlife. A golf tip: the Links is the most manageable course, and Dye Fore is the most challenging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic