We just got back from a week in Casa de Campo. We were 2 families (10 people in all) and we rented a 6 bedroom villa for the week. We made a terrible mistake and rented through a broker called Gricelle Lahoz instead of renting directly through Casa de Campo. We arrived at our villa, Golf Villa 176 and it was very disappointing. The tv room had a terrible mold problem, the staircase was missing the middle railings and an electrical box was hanging out of the wall. The staff didn't speak a word of English and we waited 3 hours for our golf carts to arrive.
After two nights we moved villas to Costa Verde 1 which was absolutely spectacular. Gricelle told us we would get our money back for the nights we paid for but didn't stay and based on that information we selected a much more expensive villa. She told us we would have our money in 2 days but we kept answering and finally on our last day she told us that the owner refused to return our money even though we were promised it.
That being said, the resort is beautiful, plenty of chairs at the beach. The restaurants are very good although the wines by the glass are pretty bad. They tend to have the same foods and we enjoyed staying in our Villa for meals as well. Lemoncello, the Beach Restaurant, and La Cana were the best. We played donkey polo, went horseback riding, played golf and went on the banana boats. The staff at Costa Verdi 1 was amazing, very friendly and helpful and our chef was so talented.
The location to the airport is great and we would come again although we would rent directly through the hotel and not through a broker because she was dishonest and we were misled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most exclusive resort destination in the Caribbean—Casa de Campo Resort and Villas—a stunning 7,000-acre hotel, resort, and residential community in La Romana on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic. Our tropical playground features a unique array of amenities, including an expansive marina, tennis courts, and polo facilities. Casa de Campo is also one of the most sought-after Dominican Republic golf resorts featuring three championship golf courses — including Pete Dye’s masterpiece, Teeth of the Dog, the #1 ranked course in the Caribbean and number 39 in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa de Campo Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Campo Hotel La Romana
- Casa De Campo Dominican Republic
- Casa Del Campo Dominican Republic