1,713 results
All reviews teeth of the dog golf cart casa de campo dye fore horseback riding beach club skeet shooting all inclusive package lago grill dominican republic great golf le cirque minitas beach golf courses are punta cana golf trip all inclusive plan
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This resort is truly world class: the service the facilities, the beach, even the shooting center are perfect. The resort style pools and outdoor dining is just the icing on the cake. Our condo on the second floor overlooking the golf course was clean, the maid exceptional, the bedding crisp and it even came with its own golf cart. The resort is huge and the golf carts are a necessity plus taking your own self guided tour of the beautiful private homes on the compound is a great way to spend a hour or two. The architecture and landscaping are worth a look.

As someone that grew up in south Florida I know how difficult it is to keep anything clean near the ocean, but somehow I never saw even a smudge salt spray on any of the mirrors at the beach or pool. And, the only sand that was in the bathroom at the beach was what I brought in on my own feet. The manpower to keep everything pristine I cannot even fathom.

The only thing I could say was not perfect was the fine dining at night. The Beach Club restaurant for dinner is a lovely view but the food had the feel of a large hotel catering kitchen. The lobster and steak were either overcooked to start with or held and reheated arriving at the table gray and dry. A sad thing to do to such nice proteins coming out if a kitchen branded as a Le Cirque. The other dishes I tasted at my table were, boring at best. Lunch at the The Beach Club was actually better food and service than at night.

The other Le Cirque restaurant, La Cana, in the main lodge had better food, but the service was bad enough that my husband actually said something the the head waiter who brushed off his comment as nothing. They were beyond slow, not only to take orders but to do things like refill drinks, clear dishes, or even reset other tables in the dining room...pet peeve of mine leaving a stack of dirty dishes on a table after guests have left for the rest of us to stare at, its just gross. The roasted pig I had at this restaurant was wonderfully crispy but strangely had maraschino cherries as part of the side dish, odd and not good. My husband's steak and potatoes were quite good and well prepared, but the red wine he ordered with it was not delivered until he was almost done with the dish.

The restaurant at the marina La Casita was by far the best! Food was good if typical, staff was friendly, attentive, and on top of every detail. The view over the water was so nice and the breeze off the ocean made dinning outside perfection. I wish I could remember the name of the waiter we had he was excellent, even remembering us a few days later when we stopped in for a coffee at La Casitia's bar.

Over all the trip was great, and I would trade a week at home for one more day on my lounge chair with a bloody marry at the Casa de Campo beach.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are great because you get private balconies to lounge on.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank llavone77
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Casa de Campo has something for everyone in the family!
With its 4 golf courses, horse backriding & polo games, a tennis academy, beach, full marina, own shopping village, restaurants & wine cellars, etc...
The international airport is only 5 kms,(3 miles), away & belongs to the complex.
Best service & friendliest personnel in the world!

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the 200 to 400 buildings to avoid noise from the Heliport.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank GAdH02
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We originally booked into Dreams Hotel in La Romana and due to the boyfriend sleeping the first night in the bath tub (due to the musty smell/condition of bedroom) its suffice to say we decided to move the next morning to Casa de Camp. Just Fabydabby...!! everything.... I couldnt fault a thing. An extra bonus was meeting up with the infamous Golf Pro Gills and his charming wife who invited us to play golf with them which was "joy"! Congrats to Gills for putting so much hard work into the complex he adds another dimension. We will be back and will bring some of golfing friends for one of Gills golf tournament next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank yvonnedolan
Reviewed 5 March 2012

went there with our toddler.. the property is large and you almost have the place to yourself during the week which is very relaxing. ample cabanas by the pool, deck chairs on the calm and clean beach... the breakfast is excellent for a family, the variety and quality.. the one thing lacking in this hotel is the kid friendliness - no kids menus, no concept of room service that is punctual.. if they improved on that it would be terrific. but even so, its a relaxing vacation unlike going to the ritz where pool chairs and beach chairs are taken by 9am!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank baileydogg
Reviewed 3 March 2012

WOW! Its hard to describe all the activities and fun we had. I was able to play a course each day while my girls were in love with riding the horses. I actually play better golf here than at home. I keep reliving this perfect day when I played the Teeth of the Dog in the morning (scored an 84!), had the best lunch with the family, did a round of Sporting Clay (shot a 91 , darn rabbits kept jumping...!), had a wonderful massage, cocktails at the bar while waiting for the rest of my family to arrive from their excursions, the perfect dinner up at Altos with my family. Each day was great and I still cant wipe the smile off my face, and I hope to make it back soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family