1,695 results
All reviewsteeth of the doggolf cartcasa de campodye forehorseback ridingbeach clubskeet shootingall inclusive packagelago grilldominican republicgreat golfle cirqueminitas beachgolf courses arepunta canagolf tripall inclusive plan
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I hope this review will be very helpful. Please read it until the end ! My goal is not to trash the property at all, but I do want to be honest and "keep it real". First, the golf....I have heard about "teeth of the dog" forever. It is supposed to be the Best of the Carribean. Not a chance. This is a golf course that is living on its past accolades and glory without a doubt. Yes, there are some water holes on the Sea that are beautiful but the inland holes are OK and you could be golfing anywhere once you leave the water holes. Also, the course is not well manicured. If you are already booked to go, play the Dye Fore course at Casa. In my opinion, a much better course from start to finish. There are three nines now at Dye Fore. Try to play the Chavon nine and the Marina nine. If they put you on the Lagos nine for one of your nines , don't despair. It is only three months old and needs to mature, but there is nothing wrong with that nine at all. The Beach at the Resort....yes, it is tiny and was a mob scene, a la Coney Island. Just be warned. The real kicker in my book (and that of my eight fellow travelers ) was that the food was MEDIOCRE everywhere at Casa at best. I was stunned by that and for that reason alone , we would not go back.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
32  Thank Bosox02
casaguestmanager, Owner at Casa de Campo Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

We want to thank to you, for genuine feedback and are truly sorry your trip to Casa de Campo did not meet your expectations. We know how greatly anticipated vacations are and take great pride in presenting the vacation you can expect at our hotel in an honest light, so you will not be disappointed. With regards to the quality of golf we are very proud of our Pete Dye designed courses – however please note, the ranking of our courses have been bestowed by outside professionals in the fields of golf and travel industry based upon the experiences of their readers, writers and client experiences. With over 32,400 golf courses around the world, the Teeth of the Dog was recently ranked #47 in the world on Golf Magazine’s list of the Top 100 Courses in the World (Sept. 2011 issue) and has consistently been ranked on this prestigious list since it began. Additionally Golf Digest and Golf Week also have rank golf at Casa de Campo among the best; and travel agents around the globe have ranked Casa de Campo as the World’s Leading Golf Resort for the last four consecutive years. We saw you and your friends / family recently visited in Dec. 2011. While you were at our resort, our inland Links course was closed as Pete Dye has been totally renovating this course since it closed in May 2011. I am pleased to inform you the Links will re-open as an all new 18-hole course in mid-March 2012.

With regards to the cuisine, Casa de Campo has six resort restaurants on the inclusive plan; two of them whose chefs come direct from the internationally recognized Maccioni Family restaurants (Le Cirque & Il Circo). Additionally Casa de Campo has been acknowledged for its high standard Food & Beverages cuisine and service by representatives of Cristal Consulting and by is constantly monitored by their representatives with unannounced visits to our resort.

At last with regards to our beach experience. When any guest schedules a vacation to island in the Caribbean, no doubt a quality beach experience is important – and to ensure our guests have just that, you will see Casa de Campo has four beach experiences on our website that our guests can choose from: the beautiful private Minitas Beach located within the resort and a golf cart ride away from your room or villa; and for ½ day or full day excursions there is Catalina Island, Saona Island and the very unique an my personal favorite: Palmilla Beach!

Again, I truly thank you for your comments and hope you might reconsider a return visit to Casa de Camp in the future. But until then, please know we wish for you and your friends and family only wonderful travel adventures and experiences!

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I have now visited Casa De Campo 3 times in the last year, each time I have a hard time leaving. The hospitality is fantastic, the hotel has been remodeled and is top notch, combine those with great food and unbielvable golf and you have Casa De Campo in a nut shell. The relaxed island atmosphere and charming staff are always there to help. If you are a fan of golf like I am, it will not disappoint. They offer some of the most spectacular golf holes you will play anywhere in the world. It is not typical resort golf (pitch and putt), the Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore are true Championship Golf Courses. They are all you want from suggested tees and the tips can make for a long day even for the best of players. On our first trip (last December) my friends and I looked into staying in a private villa on property instead of booking through the hotel. When we looked at the overall value, it was a much better deal to stay with the hotel, mostly due to the higher golf rates. If you are a golf nut, there is a substantial difference. There are lots of other great things to do as well, horseback riding, relaxing at the beach, hitting the spa or relaxing poolside.
P.S. I am compelled to share a few comments regarding the post from "SeaPinesMiserable". I was unfortunate enough to witness this gentlemen's behavior firsthand. To say his point of view of the situation is out of touch would be an understatement. His threatening, profanity filled tirade was a stark reminder of why I was there... to get away from it all. The staff handled his brutish, childlike behvior with class. True golf is $300 for 18 holes if you don't stay at the hotel, his sticker shock could have easily been handled by making a tee time in advance (which is customary golf etiquette) and making arrangements directly with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an Elite Room, 2nd level, very nicely appointed with vaulted ceilings
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jon A
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Our family rented a villa back in January 2004 I think and it was wonderful. I can't tell you how much I loved having someone come in and cook us breakfast in our villa kitchen every morning. My father enjoyed the golf course, which was the reason we booked here in the first place. My husband and I enjoyed the scenery from the golf cart and singing songs serenaded to us at dinner. I also had a massage at their spa which was not too expensive and very relaxing. It is a beautiful place and we plan on returning, and there will be breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank dianemdb
Reviewed 22 December 2011

What can i say, out of this world stayed here twice now. would highly recommend..

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

first day: i was a little annoyed that it was so large and the beach the size of a post stamp, but i had to remember that they never hid this fact.
from day 2 onwards, i enjoyed what they had to offer: relaxation, great food, the golf carts, and being in a world of your own. if you like quiet. this is for you.

Room Tip: don't leave the compound. thats a very scary area.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends