All reviews rooftop pool boutique hotel beautiful small hotel we ordered room service dominican breakfast ocean front dominican republic nicest hotel third floor turn down service playa dorada rooms are large junior suite all inclusive hotel welcome drink golf cart other resorts
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel was great, A+ Service, beautiful rooms and hotel infrastructure. I know Playa Dorada a lot and I can tell which restaurant is good and which not, but since I was staying there I was very excited to try their food. Unfortunately it was bad (All inclusive quality at a Fine Dinning price).

On the good side, their service is excellent, and I really enjoyed their pool area, too bad their cocktails were as bad as their food.

On my last morning we ordered room service which was bad and cold too.

I think this hotel has a lot of potencial, and hope their management decide to invest a little more so customers get what they pay for.

Date of stay: July 2018
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with a feedback on your stay. We understand that the topic of food is a very subjective issue. We pride ourselves to offer a large variety of gourmet cuisine with very high standards and we certainly regret that it was not to your liking. We will certainly pass your compliments onto the staff and very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Our stay at Casa Colonial has been a joy...from the time we arrived throughout our visit, we have been treated with the most amazing customer service. This is an ocean-front gem (5 star hotel) and our room is a lanai view. Perfect for taking in the ocean at any time of day. The spa and food are also top-notch and we have enjoyed the roof-top deck. If you are looking for a peaceful, elegant hotel where you will be pampered, this is the place.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 4 July 2018

My husband and I spent 8 nights at Casa Colonial from the time we arrived to the time we left the level of attentiveness and professionalism by the staff and management were superb. I want to give acknowledgement to the following people:
Basillia (spelling my apologies) and Irina for always making you feel like they will do anything for you.
Woody, Edison and Aldi for always gracing us with a great smile and making a great drink.
Victoria for always smiling and making you feel like family. Fidel for always making himself available to drive us in the golf cart to the mall to the Chef for always making a fantastic 5 star meal and to Juana for always keeping our room to the upmost standard of cleanliness. and to the rest of the staff thank you - you were all top notch. We look forward to "coming home again soon"

Date of stay: June 2018
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. Your compliments will reach each of our valued team. This type of comments is what helps us to continue providing a 5-star service. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again at "Your Home".

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I have rarely, if ever stayed at a hotel/resort that got so many things right.
All things here are superior quality: linens, furnishings, common areas, grounds. Even the pool is not over chlorinated yet super clean. Everything you lay your eyes on is stunning, tropical beauty.

I felt that prices for food and beverage were surprisingly reasonable given a place of this quality.
The prices for the high end experience at Lucia was very reasonable I thought. Casa Colonial does not nickel and dime you either.

I can’t say enough good things about this place. We didn’t want to leave.

The only minor issue is the WiFi. Great coverage and strength, but you need to re-register devices frequently with a new, unique code that is not easy to remember and needs to be generated by staff.

But I guess we shouldn’t be on WiFi at a place like this, right.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Property is gorgeous, food is delicious, room is incredibly appointed... top notch, clean, comfortable and luxurious with incredible customer service. Attention to detail in every area of this beautiful resort

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
VHresorts, Public Relations Manager at Casa Colonial Beach & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent vacation with us! The resort team works hard to provide excellent service so it is always gratifying when that is reward with kind words. We hope to see you very soon!