I stayed at this hotel for two nights last weekend, I wish I had stayed longer instead of heading to Punta Cana. I will definitely come back here one day.
The hotel is beautiful, immaculate and smells lovely as soon as you walk in. We were seated, given cold towels and refreshments as we waited to be checked in. We were then escorted to our room, which was enormous and beautiful. The beds were extremely comfortable and the decor was serene.
This hotel is for people who want to relax in a peaceful location. Maybe catch up on your reading, rest, or just spend quality time with a loved one. It's not a party hotel.
The service was wonderful friendly and attentive, without being pushy.
This location was basically a dream. Keep in mind that food is not included in the cost of the hotel stay. The food was good and there was a nice selection, the only thing I will say was that most of what I ate was on the salty side. Almost like salt was added to compensate for a lack of seasoning on some dishes. It wasn't terrible, but could be a little better. We mostly had room service, only at at the restaurant by the pool once. But it was all good.
The only other negative thing is the vendors on the beach. You couldn't sit peacefully at the beach, every two seconds someone was approaching you to sell you something. And they wouldn't just keep moving, they would stop and even after you said no, they would stand there and look at you for an awkward moment.
I would recommend this hotel and I hope to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach