All reviews room was clean nice beach free wifi tv fridge
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at Lomar for 2weeks and I loved it. The room was clean, spacious and A/C worked perfectly! Something that I like a lot about Lomar is that it is very well located. The hotel is near a lot of things and there's a nice beach right on the other side of the road. I was able to walk almost everywhere I wanted/needed to go in less than 20min. I'm a solo female traveler and I always felt safe at the hotel, there are guards everyday watching for the guests security. Also, all the employees were very kind and welcoming! Really good price for many services offered (free wifi, tv, private pool, fridge in the room, room service, restaurant, ...) During my stay, the room was clean and towels changed almost everyday, very nice. I never had any problems with anything. For the people who would prefer to live the real Dominican life/culture better than going in All-Inclusive Resort for vacant, this is a really nice place to go. It's good for many, families, work travel, vacant,... I recommend it a lot, and I'll surely go back to Lomar on my next trip to DR!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Lizon P
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It took hours for the air conditioning to start and we had water issues twice, and we only stood there 18 hours!!!! The arranged price for groups was USD$24 and they charged us USD$38 for one bed room w/bathroom. The place looks deteriorated and spaces and furniture are worn out. It doesn't include breakfast and the people attending change a lot!
If you find the price reasonable for your budget, just turn on the air conditioning immediately after checking in and you shoukd have no problem. There's a cafeteria from 7am-10pm you could ask for service to your room (don't know if is free of charge though). Also enjoy the no-wait-time super hot water and the completely working old-fashioned cable tv.

Hope this is useful.
Thanks for reading.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Melba - Es un hotel excelente para pasar unos días cerca de la playa. Este hotel tiene unas amplias habitaciones que lo hace ideal para un viaje en familia y el costo es accesible, también cuenta con una pequeña piscina. otra de las ventajas que ofrece este hotel es su ubicación, esta cerca de la Sirena, y de pequeños restaurantes,también esta cerca de lugares turísticos de interés como la Fortaleza San Felipe. Pero es bueno destacar que si buscas un lugar lujoso y con comodidades no seria el hotel ideal.
Mozart – We found this hotel by recommendation of the taxi driver. We came to Puerto Plata without plans and were first placed on a top level unit in the back. However due to the fact that we wanted to stay here longer they upgrade us to the front unit with the beach view for the same price. The staff was very friendly and understanding, specially being a holiday week, semana santa. The hotel has good amenities, pool and a small restaurant inside. This place is right in front of a nice beach (Acapulco) with Cestur, tourist police, patrolling constantly. To the east you have some discos and restaurants and to the east many more restaurants and La Sirena. Very reasonable price and prime location.

Room tip: Choose balcony view by the front.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelbaMozart
Reviewed 16 July 2016

I have been travelling to Puerto Plata from the UK for 20 years staying in all sorts of accomodation from family houses to 5 star AI hotels. On about 10 visits I have stayed at the Lomar - you get what you pay for , very basic but central. I have ALWAYS paid around 1000 - 1500 pesos a night for a room depending on time of year and how long I was staying. Because of the very poor exchange rate at the current time for the dollar I asked my Dominican partner to go to the Lomar and ask how much for a room for a week in October. He was quoted 2775 pesos a night - nearly £50 !!!!! We can go all inclusive for less. You get this so much in the DR - nothing is ever simple or clear - it is always like standing on shifting sand. Hence why people don't go back after a bad experience or come away with the feeling so often that they have been ripped off. Do not pay these people anything like these rates - the hotel is poor, very basic and not worth what they are quoting.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 13 July 2016

This place sucks!!! No joke and I'm not exaggerating I mean, this was the most messed up experience for me in any hotel. Let me get you through details.

First of all I knew this place was cheap and that was what I was looking for because I was going to only spend one night in Puerto Plata so I wanted to find a decent place I could sleep in. So It's not like I was expecting a 5 star hotel and turned out to be 1 star hotel I was looking for a 1 star hotel and It turned out to be a minus 30 stars hotel.

I booked this place 2 weeks in advanced I got there arround 3 o'clock pm and when I get there the lady tells me my room is not ready so I wait for a little bit and after 10 minutes waiting she tells me my room won't be ready for the next 30 MINUTES!!! Me and my girlfriend were like "Well, we didn't expect that but we hungry so we gonna get some lunch and come back" and that we did, we went to one of the nearby restaurants had lunch came back to the hotel and hour and a half later and guess what OUR ROOM WASN'T READY we had to wait 5 more minutes and when she tells me we can finally go to the room when we got there the janitor was still moping the floor and it had a strong smell of "Mistolin" (that's something we use in DR to clean the floor and I don't really know how to say it in english).

I was going that same night to a wedding and we had a lot of time left so my girl and I decided to take a nap before that and midway through the nap I wake up on some really disturbing noise on the room next to me, turns out that they were making some restorations on the room next door. So they literally ruined our nap.

If you're going to Puerto Plata u better not consider this place.

Date of stay: June 2016