We stayed for two weeks at this resort, overall it was a great experience.
We walked through a few of the resorts down the beach at Playa Dorada and found Grand Marien to have a more spacious layout. The beach was kept clean, the seaweed was raked daily. The Snorkeling was unimpressive. Our room was clean and kept well stocked with drinks and towels. Our favorite of the a la carte restaurants was the Brazillian and the Mexican.
The service in the main buffet restaurant is not great. They have a hostess to seat people, many times we were put at a dirty table, with missing cutlery or glasses. Make sure you have something with you to save your table, sunglasses or a sweater, or people will seat themselves at your table while you are at the buffet. During breakfast the servers could not keep up with the coffee, we had to serve ourselves from the serving station. When the buffet restaurant is closed the snack bar serves french fries, nacho chips and cheese, burgers, pizza and what looked like left overs from the buffet restaurant. We found it best to have a filling breakfast and lunch so we didn't have to visit the snack bar too often.
We shopped at the Playa Dorada mall, in the town and at the orange market on the beach. If you have souvenirs to buy, try the orange market not the blue one but be prepared to experience intense sales tactics, to avoid this the Playa Dorada mall offers the same items without the pressure.
We took a taxi into Peurta Plata town square and walked around, we were familiar with the layout of the town, having taken the Peurto Plata bus tour from the hotel a few days before. We could not find a map of the town anywhere, so bring one from home if you are wanting to explore around. We walked from the town square down to the beach front road and back to the resort, its a long walk but it was great to see the area, and we felt safe the whole time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Collection Marien is an all-inclusive 5-star resort in Puerto Plata, located in the northern coast of the Dominican Republic. With a privileged location synonymous of beautiful settings and its heavenly beaches, it is a perfect place to spend a relaxing vacation whether it is for a romantic getaway or for a family fun adventure. The resort features a spa, nearby golf course for guests and event facilities ideal for hosting special events. This complex is located 1 hour from Santiago de Los Caballeros, 10 minutes from the city of Puerto Plata, known for its rum factories and 30 minutes from Gregorio Luperon International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Be Live Collection Marien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Marien Hotel Puerto Plata
- Grand Oasis Marien Hotel
- Coral Marien Puerto Plata
- Oasis Marien
- Marien Coral Resort
- Grand Oasis Marien Puerto Plata